Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Artificial Love. (with Dynamo Pad)

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight blushed a little when Dynamo praised her again, she was wrong earlier, she wasn't still used to it. She started wondering something in her mind, was Dynamo just type of pony to  praise others or, could it be, no, how could it be, but then again, she wouldn't know, and she wasn't going to ask about either, it would just make things uncomfortable. Jade in other hoof was certain about it, and had decided to ask about it, just to confirm it. He walked next to Dynamo "Actually, I have a one question." he had almost mischievous expression as he reached for Dynamo's ear and whispered "You like Sunlight don't you? More than as a friend I mean." his tone made it clear that he wouldn't mind if it was the case, in fact, it sounded to be just friendly teasing. Sunlight just looked at him curiously, not knowing what his brother had asked.

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo looked over to Sunlight, who was blushing from his words. He couldn't help, but blush himself. He meant every word that he said to her today. He still thought that she looked cute when she blushed. He noticed that Jade had stepped closer to him, until he was within whispering distance with the blue unicorn. Dynamo raised an eyebrow in confusion on what Jade was doing. He was given his reason as Jade had asked him if he liked Sunlight. He could feel a heavy blush form on his face as the question had caught the blue unicorn off guard. He stopped in place for a brief second, before hurrying back to keep in pace with them. He looked around to make sure that nopony, not even Sunlight, could hear the conversation. He looked to Jade and slowly nodded in confirmation. "To be honest, I do like her. She was really kind. She's funny, sweet, cute, smart, she has a kind heart and is all around a great mare. I really appreciated how she stood up for me when dealing with my past. I do like her as a friend, but I think I do like her as more than a friend. Why? Do you think she likes me in the same way?" He whispers as they made their way inside Sugarcube corner. 

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight tilted her head curiously, she couldn't tell what it could have been that Jade asked, but it was clear to her that it had caught Dynamo off guard and that it caused him to blush, something that made him look oddly adorable in Sunlight's mind. Jade looked not surprised when his guess was confirmed true, he replied quietly, his tone calm and friendly "In all honestly, I don't know." "Because unlike you she doesn't make it obvious a mile away." there was slight hint of friendly teasing  in his tone "But she seems to be more comfortable with you than she has been with any other pony before" "But until you want to ask her directly, we have to just wait and see."

(edited)

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo gave Jade a deadpanned exrpession from the green Pegasus pony's teasing, but he knew that Jade had meant well. "Was my earlier expression really that obvious? Even so, I guess you're right. I mean, I've seen her blush from all the kind things I've said to her. I'm not sure if that counts as her liking me, but I still think she looks pretty cute." He whispers and nods to his remark. "It's good to know that she feels comfortable around me. I'd hate to make things awkward between us. I guess I should try and ask her while not being too direct with the question." He whispers once more and decides to take a chance. "I have another good question for you two." He speaks up to gain the attention of the two siblings. "You said that you're hoping to maybe have a family in your dreams and goals. Do either of you have a special somepony? That, or do you have your eye on anypony in particular?" He asks as he found a table for the three of them to sit at.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Jade was surprised that Dynamo decided to go for it, but at the same time he was glad that he did, because he had noticed long time ago her sister feeling lonely, even if she said otherwise. He faked a surprise when Dynamo finally asked the question, not wanting her sister to guess what he had asked Dynamo, and she didn't, she had no clue what it could have been that they whispered about, and she was polite enough not to ask. Jade replied to Dynamo's question with simple "No" while Sunlight hesitated for a while, being taken off guard by the question, before replying, "No" she changed to careful, slightly embarrassed tone, "......And maybe." "I'm not sure yet."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo felt nervous when he asked that question. He knew it was out of nowhere, but he wanted to ask and find out. He noticed Jade's faking a surprised look and was thankful for it. He didn't want Sunlight to be suspicious on what they were whispering about to each other. He nodded to both of their responses, but smiled in his mind that Sunlight wasn't taken. "I know what you mean. I don't have a special somepony either. I think I have somepony on my mind, but I'm not sure yet, as well." He slightly looked to Jade and hoped that he would get the message. If Dynamo left them alone, then maybe he could see if Jade can find out if she liked him. "I'm going to go to the counter and get some treats. Do you want me to get you both anything?" He asked while getting out of his seat to stand up. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
"Bring me whatever, I'm not picky." Jade simply said, he wasn't really hungry and unlike his sister, he didn't specifically want anything sweet either, so he didn't really care what Dynamo would bring him, if anything. Sunlight in other hoof knew exactly what she wanted "I would like a piece of cake called 'Sunshine'." it was her usual in the Sugarcube corner, it was a cake with orange, yellow and red topping, with very sweet tasting candy of same colors on top of and inside of the cake.  

When Dynamo were to go to the counter, a quiet conversation started between the siblings, but it seemed that it was who Sunlight started it, and she seemed nervous and almost worried about something, while Jade seemed like he was reassuring her about that something, but from look of the Jade's face, it seemed that this wasn't the first time they had had similar conversation, as he looked like somepony who was repeating something for the hundredth time.

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo took a mental note of the orders while making his way over to the counter. "Nothing sweet and a piece Sunshine cake. Got it. I'll be back in just a moment." He was feeling a little nervous. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest at what he was told earlier. 'I didn't think Jade would go and say that. Then again, I guess everything was a little obvious. I really hope he'll be able to help me out.' He thought as he reached the counter. He placed his orders down and waited for Mrs. Cake to bring the orders. He discreetly looks back and noticed the siblings were having a quiet conversation. He could see that Sunlight was looking worried, while Jade was reassuring her about something. He couldn't hear them, since he was pretty far away from the table. He heard the bell on the table ring, which caused him to jump and bring him out of his trance. He looked back suddenly and grinned sheepishly. Paying for the treats and apologizing to Mrs. Cake in the process. 

He levitated the treats in his magical grasp, while making his way back to the table. He made sure not to drop anything as he made it back and retook his seat. He levitated the things that they wanted onto their side of the table. "Now, let's see here. I've got a couple of plain cupcakes for Jade, a piece of Sunshine cake for Sunlight and a couple of chocolate cupcakes for me." He says while taking a bite of his treat and humming in delight. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

When the siblings noticed that Dynamo was coming back, they ended the conversation, but they didn't notice him until he was on the hearing distance, thus he could hear the end of the conversation if he was listening, "....you can't say it won't happen, it already has, twice." "Let's continue this later."

When Dynamo arrived back to the table, both siblings smiled, "Thank you Dynamo, We'll pay you back these at some point." Sunlight then started eating the cake, it was super sweet, just like she wanted, Jade also started eating his cupcakes. 

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo smiled and waved his hoof to their offer. "You're welcome and you don't have to pay me back. I asked because it was my treat. Besides, it's sort of like a celebration to becoming friends, so it's no worries." He smiled brightly, before taking another bite of his cupcakes. As the blue unicorn continued to eat, his mind went back to what he had just heard. He was curious as to what had happened twice already. While he didn't understand the context of their conversation, he was still concerned for his friends. He started to trace circles on the table with his hoof. He felt a little nervous asking since it was probably a private conversation, However, he couldn't help in being curious and concerned. "I was just wondering something." He said out of nowhere to grab Sunlight's and Jade's attention. He took a deep breath and slowly sighed. "When I made my way back to the table, I couldn't help, but overhear the conversation. All I heard was something happened twice. Is everything okay? Is there anything wrong, or is there something I can do to help out?" He asks with a look of concern on his face.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

It could have been argued that because the siblings were the ones to invite Dynamo, they should have been the ones to pay, but either of them didn't point that out because they didn't want to sound ungrateful. "Well at least let us pay next time." "We insist" 

When Dynamo said he overheard the conversation, Sunlight became visibly anxious, but when he clarified how much, she calmed down a bit, bit not enough to give a clear answer. "No... I mean....yes.....maybe?" Jade cut in with calm tone, "Let me" Sunlight turned her focus back to her cake, clearly not happy about her own performance "Let's just say that, it's a personal problem, and that you'll know about it if or when you need to know about it." "Sunlight is just over-worrying about it."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo wanted to protest at the thought of them pay for next time, but the looks on their faces told him that they wouldn't budge on the subject. He heaved a heavy sigh and gave them a kind smile. "Okay. I guess my hooves are tied on this one. Fair enough and you don't have to go twisting my arm." He says while shaking his head and chuckling heartily. As his chuckling quieted down, he soon frowned as he saw how nervous Sunlight was feeling. His ears drooped down as he felt that he had done something wrong. It didn't help in the fact that Sunlight was having trouble putting the entire explanation into words. 'I hope I didn't say anything wrong. I don't want to ruin the friendships that I just made today.' He thought as he was also worried that he might lose his opportunity to talk about his feelings towards Sunlight. He knew he liked her as a friend, but he felt there might be more than just friendship to the orange unicorn. 

He was brought out of his train of thought, as Jade went to explain everything. He listened intently and nodded in understanding. While he was still curious about the conversation, he decided to drop it altogether and worry about it when the time was right. "Thank you for telling me and I understand. I'm sorry if I made you guys worry about anything. If you ever need to talk about this problem, then let me know. You're both my friend and I'm here for you guys, no matter what." He nodded once more and chuckles lightly. "I know how Sunlight feels. Whenever I lose something important in my house, I tend to freak out and turn the place upside down, until I find what I'm looking for. I've learned to calm down and not stress over the tiny details, but it happens from time to time. So, don't worry because you're not alone on that one, Sunlight." He says while trying to relieve the conversation. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"It's aright" Sunlight said quietly "It's sweet that you worry about us so much." she smiled gently "It really means a lot." "This one just is something you can't help with." "Nopony can."

Both of the siblings chuckled at Dynamo's comment about him freaking out, "That sound like me." but this was bigger and more complicated than losing something, they just didn't want to drag on the conversation. 

• Brohoof 1

@Pvt. Cerberus

Dynamo smiled softly while listening to Sunlight's words. "Of course I worry about you both. You're my friends, so it's only natural that one would worry about their friends. Plus, the two of you are pretty awesome and it's nice getting to know you." He says, before nodding. "I understand. When you brother said knowing about it when or if I need to know about it. I hope I will know when the time is right." He says as he finishes the rest of his cupcakes. 

He chuckles as she agreed about how their freak outs were similar. "I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I get my freak outs from my mom. Whenever she tried to search for bills and other things she needed and couldn't find it. She would freak out and ask me to help her find it. She has a tendency to panic, instead of keeping calm and looking in the last place she wouldn't think of putting anything." He grinned sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Yeah" Sunlight simply said, and though her tone was the usual happy tone, she thought to herself, 'if time is ever right', but she knew that secrets never stayed hidden, especially something like this, that and the fact that she had noticed that she had started developing feeling towards Dynamo, and though it was something new to her, she knew that it meant that she would soon desire to be more than friends with Dynamo, and that in turn meant that she had to tell about their......problem, before it gets revealed by accident.

Jade chuckled "It still sounds like you were describing Sunlight" Sunlight chuckled and added with faked defensive tone "That's maybe true but you can't say that happens too often." Jade chuckled again, "True, but it's only because we don't lose things that often, after all, we always remember where we put them"

• Brohoof 1

@The Cerberus

Dynamo nodded with a smile towards Sunlight. He hoped that everything would be okay. He knew in his heart that he was starting to develop feelings for Sunlight. He felt really happy when he was around her. He could feel his heart beat faster, as well as her being kind, pretty, sweet, funny, smart and many other things. He felt nervous, but he knew he would have to say something about his feelings soon. He hoped maybe at the end of the day or sometime soon. For now, he would just have to wait and see how things would play out. Dynamo chuckled, shaking his head lightly at Jade's response. "Nope, but I think my mom would like to meet you both. I think she would get along pretty well with Sunlight." He says, smiling fondly at the siblings. "It must be pretty handy to have that kind of good memory. I wouldn't mind having that kind of ability, to be honest. Then, I wouldn't lose anything, as well as remembering all the combos in a video game. I tend to forget and sometimes just stick to one simple combo." He chuckles once more while blushing in embarrassment. As his embarrassment faded away, he rubbed the back of his neck, while trying to think of bringing up his next topic. "Remember how Frozen was bringing up my dad? Would you like for me to explain what had happened?" 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
Sunlight noticed Dynamo blushing and chuckled "No need to get embarrassed about forgetting things." "It's perfectly normal part of being a pony" there was quick change to unhappiness in Sunlight's expression as she said the latter, but it lasted only fraction of a second before she was back to smiling.

When Dynamo asked if the siblings wanted to know about his dad, Jade was going to say that he already did say that he was at the racetrack all day, but he then remembered that he had said that his dad used to do that, indicating that it wasn't happening anymore, Sunlight replied instead "Only if you want to." "Don't feel obligated to tell us anything you don't want to." her tone was warm and understanding, she couldn't say that she wasn't curious, but she felt that it would be wrong to ask personal questions that somepony didn't want to answer.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@The Cerberus

Dynamo nods and smiles at Sunlight. "Okay. It's just I sometimes forget a combo when an important game happens. Sometimes I tend to pull a random combo out of nowhere and it somehow works." He chuckles at the numerous moments of doing such a thing. His smile slowly faded and shook his head. "No, it's okay. You're my friends and you deserve to know. It probably would have been brought up later on down the road. Plus, Frozen kept going on saying it's my fault, but I want to make sure I can clear everything up."

He took a deep breath, before continuing. "About a year ago, my dad wasn't feeling well. He was somewhat tired and he was always short of breath when standing up. My mom and I didn't understand it at the time and decided to not question anything. Then the breathing problems were getting worse, so we took him to the hospital. At first, the doctor's told him that he had welder's lungs. My dad used to be a welder back in the day and would make tables for a friend. The problem was that he never wore a face mask besides the face helmet, so he would breathe in the dust. The dust got into his lungs, thus giving him welder lungs."

He took another shaky breath as he knew the difficult part was coming up. "There was some more testing along the way and the doctor's had to give us some bad news. They said it was more than that, so he had developed lung cancer. We were honestly shocked and we wondered why this had happened. We did try giving him treatments and for about a month, everything worked out just fine. Then the treatments were doing more harm than good and made him deteriorate faster. In the end, we had to say farewell and to let him go." He felt a lone tear race down his muzzle as he remembered it like it was yesterday. He sniffled while wiping the tear away. "I remember there was a game convention the following week and I wanted to win something in his honor, but after losing him I felt that it was wrong to do that. My mom and even my dad told me to go. I remember in his last moments he said that I should go and have as much fun as I can possibly have. After constant refusals, I told him that I will go and win a tournament in his honor. I went and I was able to win a Naruto tournament. It honestly felt like he was watching over me that day." He smiled sadly at the memory, before looking to the two siblings. "I'm sorry about that. It still feels saddening, but talking to others really helps. You're actually the second and third ponies that I've told that story to."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
The difference between the siblings came apparent as they quietly listened Dynamo's story. Sunlight quickly started looking sad and sorry, visibly feeling compassion and empathizing with Dynamo, while Jade turned serious, with hint of pity mixed in. After Dynamo had finished, neither of the siblings said anything, instead, Sunlight got up and just hugged Dynamo, not backing out from the hug before Dynamo would insist her to do so, if he would do so at all. She whispered quietly "I'm sorry."

Jade seemed thoughtful for a moment before he spoke, watching his sister who was still hugging Dynamo, "My condolences" "I'm sorry to hear that you have been through that, and appreciate you trusting us so much that you told this to us." he sighed "I'm sorry for not having anything better to say."

• Brohoof 1

@The Cerberus

As Dynamo finished his story of what happened to his father, he could see the different looks in each of the siblings facial expressions. He noticed Sunlight getting up from her seat and making her way over to the blue unicorn. He was caught off guard when she pulled him into a hug and apologizing. He could only nod and return the embrace. The hug felt warm and comforting to him. He looked to Jade while still in Sunlight's embrace. He nodded and gave and gave him a small, yet reassuring smile. "You don't have to apologize, Jade. You don't have to apologize either, Sunlight. It's really nice to know that you both understand. Just knowing that you're both here right now means a lot. There's no words to describe on how much it means to me, you know?" He says, before pulling back from the hug. He knew the hug would have to end eventually, but he still felt sad. Her hug felt warm and he enjoyed the warmth feeling that made it's way into his heart. "The memories are there from time to time, but I've come to accept it. I never cared about winning that tournament for glory or a trophy. Winning for someone that was important to me was all that mattered. Since then, I've moved here and I want to work hard on my dream of being a professional gamer. I know my dad's watching over me and that I'll be able to fulfill that dream one day. I understand the days ahead will be difficult, but I know my dad would want me to do my best and to never give up." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Jade nodded "We understand." Sunlight wanted to stop Dynamo from backing out of the hug, but she knew that it would become uncomfortable if it lasted too long, especially considering that they were still in the Sugarcube Corner, thus it could draw attention. She went back to her seat, still feeling sorry about what Dynamo had been through, sure Dynamo had said it's aright, but she just couldn't help it, she was too compassionate to just shrug it of, especially when she herself couldn't even imagine what it was like to lose somepony.

"It's good that you're so positive about it." "It's important part of getting over negative experiences to use them as a tool towards something positive." "If that positive is motivation to reach a goal or just simply learning from your mistakes, it doesn't matter." Jade smiled "I admire your ability to do that."

• Brohoof 1

@The Cerberus

Dynamo nods, but frowns slightly at Sunlight resisting in letting go of the hug. He gave her an apologetic look and hoped that he could give her another hug later. He could see other ponies in Sugarcube Corner staring and he didn't want to make a scene. "Thank you and I know my dad wouldn't want me to feel sorry. He would want me to have fun and enjoy life to the fullest. Truth be told, I always thought he was a fool. He would always be a goofball and act like a child, but he had a reason. He would always act that way to his family and friends, so they wouldn't feel sad or worried. There are tough times to face in life. Paying taxes, losing a job, losing loved ones and so on. However, my dad acted silly, so that no matter how bad that times could be, he would know there was a positive light from it all. He acted the way he did, so that times could be peaceful and not look so scary." He frowned slightly, but nodded in understanding. "Now that he's gone, I can honestly see how his presence made things not seem so scary. In a way, I've adopted that silly attitude. Seeing as how I made my grand entrance in the arcade earlier." He chuckles at the memory. "I've learned a lot from my dad and he helped me to grow up, but always stay a child at heart. I'll always stay true to who I am, but it's great to help others smile and feel secure in life." He took a deep breath and felt like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders. "Thanks for letting me tell you that. It bothers me how some ponies like Frozen and Cosmic can twist a story around. They'll never understand and it's their own problem. I'm glad I was able to talk to you both about it all. Honestly, it felt like I can really trust you, in a way." He says with an honest and heartfelt smile. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Both of the siblings nodded "Silliness can be a good way to face hard times, after all, humor is one of the most important ways to do exactly that." "But one have to always know when it is not appropriate, not all ponies appreciate it." he smiled as he quickly added "But don't worry, I'm not saying you're doing it wrong." Suddenly Sunlight sighed, she started talking, but she didn't seem to be talking to either of the stallions in particular "I wish there had been somepony to learn things from, somepony to remember." "But there was just books, everything we needed to know we had to read." she looked sad and was going to continue, but she suddenly stopped, like she just realized something, and smiled awkwardly "Sorry, I didn't mean to open up like that."

Jade spoke with thoughtful tone after Dynamo mentioned Frozen "Now that you mention him, I do wonder where he got that 'it's your fault' idea, because no matter how I try to think about it, I can't find anything in your story that would indicate you being in any fault, even if I try to twist it." "And I remember it word to word." he then continued with surprisingly mocking tone "But then again, I think with logic while he thinks with......I don't even know." 

• Brohoof 1

@The Cerberus

Dynamo nodded with Jade in agreement. "You're right about that. I guess laughter is the best medicine to help fix a bad day, or something along those lines. I remember Pinkie being the best example of having fun and having a good laugh with. I do know there's always a time to be serious and a time to be fun." He smiled at Jade's other remark. "That's good to know. I like to laugh and have fun. However, if there's a time to be serious, then I will take things seriously." He was about to say something else, but he stopped as he listened to Sunlight saying something to herself. He was surprised at first and wondered what she meant. He decided to not question it, but he could understand where she was coming from. He leaned over and placed a hoof upon her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. It's good to open up about some things. I may not understand what you mean, but in a way I do. I had nopony to learn a lot of magic from. My mom helped me out, but she could only teach me so much in magic. To this day, I'm still studying magic, but I've always wanted a teacher who can help out."

He looked around to make sure that nopony was listening it. "Between you and me, I've always wanted to learn from Princess Luna." He could see the confused looks on their faces and smiled sheepishly. "It's just that I've heard rumors that she's a gamer like other ponies out there. I've always wondered if she could teach gaming style magic, as well as take on a student to pass on her gaming knowledge. I've always wondered if there was a gaming dimension out there. One where you'd be able to meet most, if not all the characters in the gaming world." He whispered, before leaning back to his seat. The blue unicorn could only shake his head at Jade's words. "To be honest, I'm not sure myself. Sometimes I just feel as if they like to blame others. To blame them for something they didn't do and make them feel terrible. I guess it would be a sort of reverse psychology of sorts." He shook his head in disbelief, before nodding. "I just tend to ignore their train of thought. They like to think they are right and that everypony else is wrong. They're just proving themselves to be fools and will continue that path, until they have reality presented to them. Otherwise, they'll never grow up and change."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad
Jade looked at his sister sympathetically and explained to Dynamo even if he didn't ask for it "She means having a parent or such to teach things." "Because like we told earlier, we haven't really had that, so everything we know we have learned from books and our own experiences." "We can't say that we have learned a lot from somepony, because we haven't."

For Dynamo's talk about wanting to learn things from princess Luna, Sunlight smiled understandingly "You're not only one." "Or well, I would like to learn from all the princesses, any information about history, magic, science....anything really, even the dream realm that Luna controls would be interesting to learn about." enthusiasm filled her voice as she imaged everything she could learn "And oh, what would I give to get to visit their private libraries." "I can't even imagine how much there is to be learned in there." she cleared her throat and smiled awkwardly, embarrassed about her little outburst, "It would be awesome."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1