Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adult MLP show.

CastletonSnob

As others have said, part of what makes MLP:FiM so great is that it doesn't have that stuff.  People think you need sexuality, coarse langauge, and gratuitous violence to be mature or good, but this isn't necessarily the case.  Media is already saturated with such "mature" stuff, but said media is usually of bad quality anyways.  This more so for the fact for adult cartoons, since this is the norm.  This is not to say that I don't enjoy adult stuff, but I will say I already consume plenty of it, and I do not need to tack on a lot more.  So no, outside of maybe a few episodes out of morbid curiosity, I would not watch a TV-MA MLP series.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure, but I don't think I would. I kind of like the idealistic nature of this show and while it could sometimes go a bit farther (think Gravity Falls or Star vs the Forces of Evil) I really don't think a show purely for adults would work. I think it would lose a lot of the charm it has now. That said, there are some really funny M rated fanfics out there, so who knows?

On 7/4/2018 at 8:50 AM, Randimaxis said:

You mean... like this?

I laughed waaaaaaay too hard at this 

I might enjoy a more complex show dealing with mature concepts that allows for some violence, swearing ( keep it pony style with stuff like Buck It I'm done! ) and maybe even sexuality that come with complex themes. But it could not be regular and it could not be overdone or crass. Part of the charm of the series is how friendly it all is. Toss that out entirely and IDK how much I would care for it. 

• 2 years later...
On 7/4/2018 at 2:30 PM, CastletonSnob said:

Would you watch a TV-MA rated MLP show meant for older fans, with violence, sex jokes and swearing?

Yes I would. But if cute ponies are being South Park poo humor, then I will stop watch faster than you can pronounce "Pony Life"

• Brohoof 1

Yes, yes, yes:yay:

I lost my interest in the show because it's too childish (duh). But if the show was with adult themes, I would love it! And adult in clever way, more like Bojack Horseman, not Family Guy:yeahno:

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2018-07-04 at 10:18 AM, PonSky said:

This is exactly why I like MLP. I like the cuteness and just innocence of the characters in the show. An Adult MLP show would be interesting but it probably wouldn't keep my attention for long.

Same here. We already have mature content anyway.