Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's up with the adultness if MLP on Google?

Tia Is Best Pony

wow.. didnt think id see this as a topic. lol my bff has a pony fetish and i dont see an issue unless he draws it. 1. he cant draw and 2. he would do it at my house and im against that. idc about what he does anywhere else just not my house lol

This is rather common in any fandom, and is commonly referred to as the dark side.  There are people that like this.  I would just turn safe search on and ignore. 

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, this stuff is pretty much everywhere. Its kinda hard to shake off, too. Thats why people eventually kinda get use to it and build something like mental protective layers.

If you really are sick of the cloppers(some are decent and good people. Others, not so much) you should try safesearch or use a kind of web filter and block all the "inappropriate" sites of your choice (rule34, etc.)

Otherwise, you could try to avoid the content altogether by avoiding the words "shipping" and "clopping" in your pony searches.

Happy Searching!

I just ignore it, usually, but some of that stuff was pretty scarring. i remember when I first saw a tab saying Rule 34 that popped up on Google, so I clicked it, and oh God, I hope that never happens again. Unfortunately, it's the internet, and we have to ignore it as best we can, or just put on Safe Search. I'm sorry I couldn't help answer your question much, but i hope this helps.

its something that will burn your eyes even by accident (like most of us)

and the only thing you can say is

img-1204680-1-046.jpeg

it is something you will not want to get into

I like how you judge people for liking something they're 'not supposed to like' by your standards, friend.

Believe me or not, a brony who looks down on others for liking something that's not for them to like simply because 'it is gross'... are hypocrites. Again, up to you to decide how true this is.

"Most of us". Lol. Really. lol.

(some are decent and good people. Others, not so much) 

To think I would question why some people see us bronies as disgusting, horrible people.

Because 'some are decent and good people. Others, not so much.

No offense intended to anyone not involved, but there is a LOT of hypocrisy in this thread.

I won't give you orders to stop hating them.

However, you should not be ignorant to the fact that you are being a hypocrite(accept it if you want to hate them) by doing so.

Lemme tell 'ya guys something. I found out about MLP via Funnyjunk.com.

Now there's an unsavory site. It's still my home, but when I go back I realize how outta whack things are. Not to say I'm some battle hardened and unflinching person, but it's not the nicest over there. There was a lot of sexualized humor within the bronies there, and from outside there was decent stream of gore targeted against brony posts. Nevertheless, we did pretty well there for about 6 months. It's a whimsical, foolish, and damn dumb site, but if you all are looking for some lawless humor, it's a good place to go.

I praise your ability to overlook that MLPforums is also a 'whimsical, foolish and damn dumb site' and that we're only here for because we like it and want to be.

I don't always play the hater of the haters, but this is so insanely hypocritical, I have to comment in such a manner.

You insult those who enjoy something you find disgusting, yet it does no real harm to you at all.

To add to things, they are a BRANCH OF A GENRE OF SOMETHING YOU LIKE.

It is one thing to disassociate with such content, but from where I sit, you're not insulting the content itself.

What you're doing is slandering those who enjoy it.

"Some are good and some are bad"? Wow. That sure does not seem like it would suit EVERYTHING that describes a group of people.

I'm sure all of MLPforum users are 'good' people and there is no variation, bad side or disgusting bronies amongst us.

Hoorah.

I'm normally quite nice about my criticism, but I do not intend it this time.

I mean no insult to anyone in specific.

You are welcome to decide what you will.

This is simply an opinion.

Eh regardless of your feelings towards it its R34 and it exists for everything(Literally everything.)

People have all kinds fetishes, and some people just happen to like that kinda stuff, nothing you can really do about it except to just turn safe search on.

Its in every fandom and basically exists in everything, but you just have to tolerate it and move on, even if you don't agree with it. Safe search should keep you from running into the majority of this kinda stuff though.

I like how you judge people for liking something they're 'not supposed to like' by your standards, friend.   Believe me or not, a brony who looks down on others for liking something that's not for them to like simply because 'it is gross'... are hypocrites. Again, up to you to decide how true this is. "Most of us". Lol. Really. lol.

i didn't say that i hated cloppers (though i just don't really care either way)

its just something that truly hurts my eyes i ain't jugging 

and that sounds like someone that judges other opinions

Edited by The brony master
  • Brohoof 1

i didn't say that i hated cloppers (though i just don't really care either way)

its just something that truly hurts my eyes i ain't jugging 

Fair enough. 

Though, the last part of your post that goes "it is something you will not want to get into" sort of implies that it is something demeaning/etc should one partake in it.

You might consider using something less suggestive next time. (this is just a suggestion)

Fair enough. 

Though, the last part of your post that goes "it is something you will not want to get into" sort of implies that it is something demeaning/etc should one partake in it.

You might consider using something less suggestive next time. (this is just a suggestion)

its like drugs

it can be addicting and "fun"

but can cause damage in long term

for instance a person takes heroine tries to get of it. but dies from the withdraw

and for clopper's (though not so serious) it will become addicting

its like drugs

it can be addicting and "fun"

but can cause damage in long term

for instance a person takes heroine tries to get of it. but dies from the withdraw

and for clopper's (though not so serious) it will become addicting

When I take into consideration that even reading can become an addiction, I find that it's not really all that different from anything else.

MLP is now addictive to many bronies here. (we can't seem to stop enjoying it even though there isn't, initially, much else to enjoy)

Hard to compare something with health-depleting effects to something that actually boosts physical health and relieves stress.

(for some)

When I take into consideration that even reading can become an addiction, I find that it's not really all that different from anything else.

MLP is now addictive to many bronies here. (we can't seem to stop enjoying it even though there isn't, initially, much else to enjoy)

Hard to compare something with health-depleting effects to something that actually boosts physical health and relieves stress.

(for some)

okay its like the world screwed up in many ways 

but some things can be good e.g. medicine, intelligent people, different people, e.t.c

Have you not heard of the place called the internet? There is always going to be perversions etc. of anything on the internet always. I am surprised you do not already know that by now? If you do not want to come across things like that on google. Set your safe search to strict or something along those lines. No need to make a big deal about this. This stuff is always going to be on the internet and there is no changing that. I don't have a problem because I am not intentionally searching those kinds of things in the first place :P!

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what's wrong with google, but it does that to a lot of things.

On 2021-09-17 at 12:18 AM, Paleopony said:

If you don't want to see it turn safe search on.

Yes, agreed! I always have safe search on, I don't want my view of things to be ruined by perverted images.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I couldn't make a screenshot and post it here, if I just typed "MLP" in my search engine. :ButtercupLaugh:

That stuff honestly doesn't bother me at all. I just don't like to see my ponies getting hurt.

I am a lot better at evading the nasty images than I used to be on Google so thankfully I haven't seen as much as I used to. Even with SafeSearch on and even when searching a pretty safe topic, there's always going to be at least one NSFW image that slips in. Google should really find a way to prevent this by now.

• Brohoof 1

My guess would be that Google sorts by relevance, particularly towards what you've clicked on. It could start with spotting one lewd image that seems out of place, and then you click on it out of curiosity. Google takes notice and thinks you'd like to see more, and the dominoes fall from there.

I'd also say that the "cloppers" reached their peak between 2013-16 in material output and general outlandish behavior in public areas, so lewd content was pretty unavoidable.

Former double step sister used to come across stuff all of the time when she was only about 9? And that was just from basic MLP or character searches on the first page.

Partial friend of mine seemed to take pride in presenting NSFW material for the world to see for a while. They were also part of the Homestuck community so maybe that would explain some things. In the years since, they have since learned how to feel shame and made more appropriate life choices.

Generally there isn't anything wrong with sexualizing fictional characters, but there is a time and place for such things. We should do our best to minimize exposure, particularly since our Fandom is focused around a children's show.

On 2013-02-18 at 10:46 PM, Tia Is Best Pony said:

i realy hope no bronies are into that kinda stuff

And why is that, exactly?  What specifically about that content do you think is wrong?  Is it immoral?  Why?  Who is it hurting?  Are you making an assumption about the character of a person based solely on the fact that they like that content?  If so, then what do you think the person must be like?

I realize that the OP is probably long gone, but if anyone else is reading this, then hopefully you can see what I'm getting at.  It's unfair to judge others based on something they like that isn't hurting anyone.  Now, I've always been adamant about the fact that there should be clear separation of the adult material from the places where it doesn't belong.  I.e. people should keep that material on the specific sites that are meant for it, and off of the SFW, family friendly sites that are strictly meant for show-oriented content.  I've always been against all online adult content being leaked or flooded onto sites where it doesn't belong.  When people post that stuff to a site that's supposed to be kid-friendly, then it is hurting someone, so I'm against it.  But if it stays on a site that is explicitly meant for adults and has the proper warnings and disclaimers, then it's not a problem.  More importantly, an individual enjoying that kind of content in the privacy of their own home and their own mind is especially harmless.  Why would liking any of that automatically mean that a person is depraved, perverted, or evil?  It doesn't.

Humans come pre-installed with the feeling of disgust.  It's part of our firmware.  This feeling often makes us feel repelled by things that would do us harm, like rotten food.  Unfortunately, unlike computers, we humans can't receive updates to improve our operating systems.  There are aspects to the primal feeling of disgust that are problematic to us, and cause people to make unfair judgements.  Just because you feel an "ick" factor, even an incredibly strong "ick" factor, doesn't mean that that thing is inherently immoral or wrong.  Many people feel disgust at the thought of homosexual behavior.  Most people on Earth would feel disgust at the prospect of actually engaging in homosexual behavior.  However, by looking past that and examining the issue more deeply, it's trivially easy to see that there's nothing immoral about it.  One can still feel an "ick" factor at the thought of doing it themselves, because it's not for them, but they can still be tolerant and supportive of homosexuality generally.  And of course, repeated exposure diminished the ick factor.  Now, I'm not suggesting that anyone intentionally desensitize themselves to R34 Pony if they don't want to.  That stuff can be easily avoided if you wish.

The feeling of disgust tells you absolutely nothing about morality, nor does it tell you anything about the character of another person.  Disgust is a primal, gut reaction.  You have to look deeper.  You have to examine things dispassionately.  Set your feeling of disgust aside and ask yourself if it's actually hurting anyone.  Ask yourself if it's possible for someone to like this stuff and still be a good person.  Disconnecting disgust from morality is a very useful thing to do when determining right from wrong.

Do you mean mature content? If so, then it is understandable, considering the show has a mature audience as well. I do not understand the issue here. It seems logical that this kind of material would exist, actually.

If you are wondering. I do pleasure myself from time to time using MLP adult content.

Frankly, I am more worried that you may have an issue or complex regarding your own sexuality. I hope this answers your questions.