Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

"Humans have their own ways of making up for strengths they don't have, I guess," Oliver said, shrugging and taking a drink. "Some look for thrills, others look for ways to help people, like developing medicines and stuff."

• Brohoof 1

"While I get what you mean..." Jenna started before lowering her voice "...many of your inventors either were actually dragons or were related to Talon." "But it's true humans are very inventive, just look at the Order, they have managed to do what they are doing since they were still wielding swords." 

• Brohoof 1

"Really?" Oliver asked, eyes widened. He certainly didn't expect there to be dragons amongst humans for that long, especially important ones. "So, people like Tesla and Edison were dragons the whole time?"

• Brohoof 1

"I don't know if they exactly were, we weren't really given any details in case we change sides like I did." Jenna explained "But if not dragons, they got some kind of help from Talon." "Long time ago, when humans still used things like swords as weapons, dragons and humans lived in relative harmony, but at some point the Order was formed, it may have not been called that back then, but it laid the foundation to what there is now." "They almost hunted our kind into extinction, so Talon was formed as a way to combat them." "I don't know how long Talon has wanted to take over the world, maybe right from the start, but we didn't have means to do that back then due to our low numbers." So, long story short, Talon put most of its efforts to researching  new technology, pretending to be humans that whole time, so every major invention and breakthrough, if not done by a dragon, had Talon involved somehow, they have been pulling from the strings for a looong time." 

• Brohoof 1

"Wow, to think most of what we have today was inspired by dragons," Oliver muttered, looking around him. "You guys have really been around for a long time, huh?"

He looked at Jenna, making sure to choose his words right. "Dragons live for a long time, right? How long have you been around?"

• Brohoof 1

"I personally or we as a species?" Jenna asked, only to reply to both right after "I'm about twenty, like I may have said at some point, but I don't know if I'm under or over, I don't know my real birthday." "But our species, we probably were here before humans, though currently there's only 4 known western dragons alive who are over 1000 years old, The Order did its job well." 

• Brohoof 1

"Twenty in human years? Or do dragons age different from humans?" Oliver asked, curiosity in his voice. "If there's only four left that're that old, they must be really tough to last as long as they have."

• Brohoof 1

"Twenty as in earth around the sun years." "Which makes me a young teen in dragon age, since our age of full physical maturity is 50." "But in turn, with our generally higher intelligence, my mental development is above that of a 20 year old human."  Jenna explained, taking a sip from her drink "And for the old dragons, I don't know where 3 of them are, but the oldest is The Elder Wyrm, she's the one in control of Talon, the boss, the CEO, whatever you want to call it." "It's said that she's the size of a building." 

• Brohoof 1

"Whoa," Oliver muttered, imagining such a huge dragon. "Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem. I dunno how you'd take on something that big."

He smirked and looked at Jenna. "If she's the CEO, do you think she wears a giant suit?"

• Brohoof 1

"Though I know you're joking, no, her human form is most likely the size of a normal woman, and we don't wear clothes in our real forms as you know." Jenna said with a smile, taking another sip "But she's most likely very strong even in her human form, because we do have a fraction of our strength even in this form, for someone like me it doesn't make a difference, making me just a buff human at best, but for someone like her, she probably has inhuman strength." "I sometimes wonder what it is like to be so old, she has seen many empires rise and fall, countries being born and disappearing...it's weird to think about, even for a dragon." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, she must know a lot about history," Oliver agreed. "Considering she was probably there for a lot of it. I wonder how much more change she'll see, if dragons really do live as long as I've heard they do."

• Brohoof 1

"Quite a lot probably, considering that several huge changes can happen during one human's life alone." Jenna said thoughtfully "Her experiences have probably also given her some amount of foresight, history tends to repeat itself after all." "May be how she has managed to become so powerful, it's hard to outsmart someone who has seen everything." "Though it makes me curious about other thing too, I wonder how much of human history was her doing in way or another, she has been pulling the strings quite a while after all." 

• Brohoof 1

"Really?" Oliver asked, a little surprised. "I wonder how much she's influenced, if she's really been around for that long and seen so much happen."

He swallowed. "I suppose taking her on would be out of the question."

• Brohoof 1

"Being out of the question is understatement." Jenna said calmly "She probably has backup plans for her backup plan's backup plans, she has most likely seen every trick and thus has prepared for it." "Our only hope is that she dies of old age, even we have a limit after all, though not knowing her exact age, I can't even start to guess when that would be" 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess I wouldn't be there to see if she does die of old age," Oliver muttered, looking at himself. "Humans don't have the longest lifespan, especially compared to dragons if she's really as old as you say."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "Like I said, I don't know the exact age, she could be in her last years, or she could have 1000 years left." "I have just accepted that I'll probably die before she does." she took a calm sip "Though I can't say living that long is a pleasant idea for me either, I wouldn't be able to handle the amount of creatures I would be outliving."

• Brohoof 1

"Don't sell yourself short," Oliver said, smiling. "I'm sure you'd easily outlive her. You're smart and resourceful, and strong as well."

He nodded at her next point. "Yeah, I couldn't imagine what that would be like."

• Brohoof 1

"I appreciate your belief in me but the reality just is against me." Jenna stated "She has an army protecting her, I have two after me." army was figurative in this case but it was still true "But like said, I rather die happy than live long enough to see the world end." 

• Brohoof 1

"I just don't want you to have to die too early," Oliver said, looking at her. "You've got a long lifespan, so you should use it to see as much of the world as you can while you can. All the stuff you missed locked up back there."

• Brohoof 1

"Though I see where you're coming from, long life doesn't sound pleasant." Jenna said as she took a sip again "Because while I'd avoid the illnesses and other problems that humans tend to have when they got old, it sounds lonely." "Even ignoring Talon and the Order, I would need to move around and change my name constantly since I don't age like humans do." 

• Brohoof 1

"Well, if you had a friend who could live as long as you, it wouldn't be so bad, right?" Oliver pointed out. "We just need to find some dragons who won't try to kill us on sight." he added, half-joking.

• Brohoof 1

"Not wanting to kill us is one thing, being such that I can tolerate them that long is another." Jenna pointed out with slight humor "From what I have seen, we are very boring creatures, we lack the uniqueness of humans." "They say that best creativity comes from the limitations, and in this case I'd say it's true, when your life is short, you're more likely to take everything you can from it." 

• Brohoof 1

"Don't sell yourself short," Oliver said. "Dragons are plenty unique compared to humans. I mean, we can't transform or breathe fire or live nearly as long as you. But yeah, you're more likely to make the most of it when you have less time."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shook her head "No, we are loner hoarders by nature, eventually all of us become that angry dragon in a cave that only sleeps and eats." "There isn't nearly as much variety among us as there is among humans when it comes to personality and other such things." 

• Brohoof 1

"Well you're right in that case, there's a load of angry humans who only sleep and eat," Oliver joked, smiling at Jenna. "But you certainly seem unique enough from most other dragons, from what you've told me."

• Brohoof 1