Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HAAALP with My Little Pony questions - no spoilers, please! =)

Summer Storm

Heya Bronies and Pegasisters (did I get that right?)!

I'm Summer Storm and I am new to My Little Pony, MLPF, and the Poniverse Discord!  I am on Season Two of the DVD set, having watched "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" and I have the following My Little Pony questions (call them challenges?)!  Halp, please?

1. I now have the My Little Pony movie!  Hooray!  But when should I watch it?  I understand there are a great deal of things I should see first?  So... what should I see first?  I am in no hurry to see the movie; I just want to watch it and enjoy it to its fullest!

2. I am considering purchasing "Tails of Equestria" the My Little Pony Core Book RPG (thanks to @Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A for making me aware of its existence!).  However, reviews I am reading state the book is riddled with typos and grammatical errors throughout!  Yikes!  Does anypony know if the typos were fixed in, say, a later printing of the books?

3. I am considering joining an RPG here long-term.  I am in the process of developing a character.  In canon My Little Pony, is the name "Fire Shine" taken?  If not, I would like to use it for my character.

4. Has anyone created a "Tails of Equestria" based RPG?  If so, I might like to join it.  I haven't seen one here (and I've looked all around the RPG section, but I could have missed something).

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

P.S. I wasn't quite certain where to post this.  I hope this is the right spot!  =)

• Brohoof 2

I have not seen the movie, but, from what I understand, it takes place between the Season 7 finale and the Season 8 premiere. I hope that at least suggests an answer to your first question. As for your other questions, I don't know, as I have not gotten into the role-playing part of the fandom.

The movie takes place chronologically between the last episode of season 7, and the first episode of season 8. Since season 8 often mentions events in the film, I'd finish season 7 and watch the movie before starting 8.

images.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Yea, as long as you watch season 4 or even just 3 you should be good. It does take place between 7 and 8 tho, season 8 have lots of references (some very major ones) to the movie. It's not that you can't watch season 8 without the movie, but watching the movie first would just make season 8 better.

Just be aware that the first couple seasons has been out for years and you might come across some spoilers simply because it's impossible to create fanfic or fan material without some of those context.

Anyways hope you enjoy the show and I'm sure you'll love the fandom, I love listening to songs by Aviators and 4everfreebrony.

Edited by Artica
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks for the insight and advice, everypony (and you too, @TheTaZe, for putting this thread in the right spot!)!

Looks like the way to go is to wait it out until after I've seen Season 7 (which comes out in early October, I understand). I can definitely do that!  I am really enjoying the show (as in, I find something worthwhile every episode).  There is something good, real, and warm in MLP:FIM and I'm glad to be watching it!

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

• Brohoof 1

I would note (if it helps any) that if you have access to Amazon Prime, S4-S7 are bundled free.... S1-S3 though seem to be pay-to-watch for now.

Netflix have apparently renewed too, so if you have that....

@Cypherhoof They are "bundled free?"  What does that mean, please?  Surely that doesn't mean all of those seasons are free of charge in DVD form to Amazon Prime members?  The price of Seasons 4-7 amount to just under what it would cost to pay for an Amazon Prime membership (if my memory is working right).

1 hour ago, Summer Storm said:

@Cypherhoof They are "bundled free?"  What does that mean, please?  Surely that doesn't mean all of those seasons are free of charge in DVD form to Amazon Prime members?  The price of Seasons 4-7 amount to just under what it would cost to pay for an Amazon Prime membership (if my memory is working right).

No, not in dvd form - they have a streaming service not unlike netflix.  wouldn't be worth paying for prime just to get it, but if you or your family already have it...

Oh, I see!  Thank you, Cypherhoof, for the clarification!  No, I want all of the seasons on DVD, not only to enjoy them whenever I wish and when opportunity allows, but also to put money into the pockets of all those who bring us My Little Pony.  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

As long as you conclude season 3 the movie should be fine to watch. However the others are right in that you should watch the movie prior to season 8. 

As to the rollplays I'd go for it. They veer so far from the show that you arnt going to have anything ruined for you. 

And your name sounds cool. First fire shine I've met.  

Edited by Sunlight Glisten