Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Twilight had failed at Sombra's door?

ManaMinori

What if, during the instant she was tripped up by the dark magic door,  Sombra was able to get into the Empire and make Twilight his protege, given her aptitude for dark magic? The royal siste et s are cut off frm the elements, and the mane 6 would be powerless without Twilight and unable to use the EoH. How would the series progress with Sombra having won and reclaiming the empire with Twilight in his posession?

• 2 weeks later...

We kinda get to see this reality when starlight jacks up the friendship map. I don't think twilight could go evil. I know I know what about midnight sparkle. That was a different twilight who hasn't had the training agenst dark powers like our princess has. Even when she did have all of the magic to defeat tirek, she didn't give in to power like midnight sparkle would have. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

that's kind of the point, there, Gans

But would it have still been watchable and remained popular all these years? It's a question that can never be answered.

I always thought that Twilight actually failed the door and the only reason she got out is because Spike walked down the stairs and started to call her from the real world.

So... yeah, if Spike hadn't been there Sombra would have won, but the way Celestia managed things made me think she had a backup plan, she even halted Luna from going to help Cadance, giving Twilight a chance to prove herself.

• Brohoof 1

This is cool for hypothetical purposes, but think about it for a minute. This would of never happened. EVER!

The show has went to dark places a few times but never somewhere that dark.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If she failed, Sombra would have won. The Crystal Empire would be under his control once again, and Equestria would be doomed to an age of darkness, where hope and love are replaced by hatred and fear. And who knows what he would have done to Twilight's friends. Nothing pleasant, obviously.

Edited by heavens-champion

I don't think anybody else could beat a team of Sombra and Twilight so i think it would be like the first alternate reality for the most part... unless Fluttershy can get Discord to help. Him Celestia and Luna should be able to manage something I think since they beat Sombre before and Discord can pretty much do anything.

So i think the answer would be... can season 3 episode 10 episode still happen without Twilight.