Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Applejack be secretly wishing for a "Special Somepony" of her own

BrawnyCharger

I was thinking about the Big Macintosh/Sugar Belle romance, and figured that if there's anything that Big Mac has that Applejack doesn't, it's an established romance with a "Special Somepony".

We know that Applebloom, along with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, support the romance. but one wonders what Applejack would think of the relationship. Let's discuss one of the possibilities. I suppose that AJ might feel a very tiny bit of jealousy over Big Mac having a relationship and her still without one after 8 seasons. Do you suppose that somewhere, very very deep in the back of her mind, Applejack might be wishing that she had a "special somepony" of her own? One wonders how she feels or what she does on Hearts and Hooves day.

Now one possibility as to relates to her lack of romantic desires is that he mind is focused too much on her farm work and when one works on Sweet Apple Acres, you have to pull your weight for the farm to thrive. Not only that, but she's an Element of Harmony and a professor at the Friendship School. Both of which also put Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie's potential romantic desires on hold. The Mane 6 practically have no time for romance. But even for the other 5, I'm sure that somewhere in the back of their minds, they wish they had a "special somepony" to call their own. But promoting friendship has to come first, and romantic pursuits have to be saved for later.

What makes Applejack stand out among the others is that she's living with a brother who has an established romance in the show, and don't think that's not going to be noticed by her. 

Another possibility is that she isn't interested in romance. She was pursued by Trenderhoof in "Simple Ways" but she showed NO interest in him whatsoever. I take it from that episode that among the Mane 6 Applejack rivals Rainbow Dash for LEAST romantic Mane 6 member. But then again in due time, she might change her mind.

What do you think. Do you suppose that Applejack wishes at some point to have a "special somepony" of her own?

no. The only one who has ever been shown to have 'romantic desires' is Rarity. AJ has never shown even a hint of jealousy or resentment toward Big Mac over having a girlfriend, or desiring a special somepony of her own.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

She doesn't seem to be stressed about having a special somepony, and the one time she had a pretender she was rather annoyed by him.

I think of her as a mare who has little interest in romance but wouldn't let a good opportunity pass her by.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/30/2018 at 6:13 AM, BrawnyCharger said:

I was thinking about the Big Macintosh/Sugar Belle romance, and figured that if there's anything that Big Mac has that Applejack doesn't, it's an established romance with a "Special Somepony".

We know that Applebloom, along with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, support the romance. but one wonders what Applejack would think of the relationship. Let's discuss one of the possibilities. I suppose that AJ might feel a very tiny bit of jealousy over Big Mac having a relationship and her still without one after 8 seasons. Do you suppose that somewhere, very very deep in the back of her mind, Applejack might be wishing that she had a "special somepony" of her own? One wonders how she feels or what she does on Hearts and Hooves day.

Now one possibility as to relates to her lack of romantic desires is that he mind is focused too much on her farm work and when one works on Sweet Apple Acres, you have to pull your weight for the farm to thrive. Not only that, but she's an Element of Harmony and a professor at the Friendship School. Both of which also put Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie's potential romantic desires on hold. The Mane 6 practically have no time for romance. But even for the other 5, I'm sure that somewhere in the back of their minds, they wish they had a "special somepony" to call their own. But promoting friendship has to come first, and romantic pursuits have to be saved for later.

What makes Applejack stand out among the others is that she's living with a brother who has an established romance in the show, and don't think that's not going to be noticed by her. 

Another possibility is that she isn't interested in romance. She was pursued by Trenderhoof in "Simple Ways" but she showed NO interest in him whatsoever. I take it from that episode that among the Mane 6 Applejack rivals Rainbow Dash for LEAST romantic Mane 6 member. But then again in due time, she might change her mind.

What do you think. Do you suppose that Applejack wishes at some point to have a "special somepony" of her own?

No, she is not interested in romance. She does not know anyone who is interested in her property, not even her. this is about friendship between the mane 6 with others characters and the romacne it only focuses on the other characters. no applejack.

20 hours ago, Van123 said:

No, she is not interested in romance. She does not know anyone who is interested in her property, not even her. this is about friendship between the mane 6 with others characters and the romacne it only focuses on the other characters. no applejack.

Stop it carranza....we get it...

AJ is a very level-headed pony with her mind squarely fixed on her farm work and doing what needs to be done. This doesn't mean she's immune to having an interest in a special somepony if the right one came along. I don't think she would necessarily go out of her way to hunt down the right stallion if she had no particular reason to do so. But I'm sure she'd be receptive to someone that naturally 'clicked' with her. That's just nature.

• Brohoof 1