Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Top Ten MLP Episodes

PurpleWonderPower

1 - Viva Las Pegasus

2001102098_VivaLasPegsus.png.ac58c7588e28dc1c7e1a9a1b5dd8d658.png

Viva Las Pegasus is my top episode in the entire series. I love everything about it, especially how Applejack and Fluttershy teamed up with Flim and Flam. I love Flim and Flam so much, and getting to see them as the good guys for once was great. Gladmane was a great character too, I loved his voice and signature "Uh-huh-huh!", and I loved the FlimFlam Brothers' scheme of getting him to confess, how we all thought they had failed, but it was actually part of the plan. I love hidden twists like that. And the bit at the end when Flim and Flam take ownership of the resort and Applejack shouts "FLIM AND FLAM!" was awesome. Also, Applejack and Fluttershy are also my favourite Map mission twosome.

2 - To Where And Back Again

141626739_VivaLasPegsus.png.c6c9db80943ab2a664028248c2e10a33.png

To Where And Back Again was my favourite two-parter. I loved how it was the Motley Crew episode, where all the main characters are helpless and it's up to the embarrassing secondary character squad to save the day. Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord were just the best Motley Crew ever. Discord and Trixie's bickering and Discord's stand-up comedy were hilarious, and I loved the new changeling designs when they metamorphosed at the end, they were SO much cooler than the black designs. And the part when Starlight was reasoning with the changelings was great. I'm also glad that Chrysalis denied Starlight's friendship, as I love Chrysalis as a villain.

3 - Keep Calm And Flutter On

191992901_VivaLasPegsus.png.ac3d1743e0ee8c776da1f60103d09e7d.png

Keep Calm And Flutter On was my favourite Season 3 episode, and I literally screamed with delight when I found out Discord was returning. Definitely one of the most hilarious, entertaining and heartwarming episodes in the series. All Discord's antics were priceless, especially when he uses his tongue as a red carpet and welcomes the ponies to his chaotic dinner party, and when he water skis and ice skates near the end. And the bit where he was sad to lose Fluttershy's friendship was so heartwarming. I've loved Discord and Fluttershy's special friendship ever since. It's just so cute.

4 - My Little Pony Best Gift Ever

1497734582_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.fb34f3b4baf3f429f31dc3b6a7730c04.png

My Little Pony Best Gift Ever absolutely blew me away. After Season 8, the worst season of all times, I had a lot of doubts about Best Gift Ever, but boy, was I wrong! I could go on for hours about all the things I love about this episode, especially how they included not only Discord, but Flim and Flam! They even remembered to have Applejack and Fluttershy take on Flim and Flam, and to put everypony back in character. I absolutely loved how they made Discord part of the "family" again, like back in Season 4, and all the hugs and the song at the end was absolutely adorable. Pistachio and the Winterzilla were both adorable, and I loved all the disaster with the shopping. Also, I do love Starlight Glimmer, but it was awesome to have a Mane 6 episode without her, since I've really missed having those, and this was exactly what I was hoping for. And to top it off, they don't even mention the School of Friendship or any of the Season 8 characters at all! Best! Gift! Ever!

5 - Discordant Harmony

1180771290_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.25f9b9bc674394eeb0ff08574f197a88.png

Discordant Harmony was my favourite Season 7 episode, and also an episode filled to the brim with Discord! I loved everything about it, especially how he kept making clones of himself to talk to and help fix his house, and all the Discord jokes he made, what with ginseng that can actually sing, and where he imitated the tea pony "Are you sure you're friends with Fluttershy? " That was priceless. And the bit at the end was so heartwarming, how Fluttershy likes him for who he is, and when they hugged and laughed at the end. Absolutely terrific episode.

6 - Rock Solid Friendship

884215187_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.564a46691e55886471b30c59b25c32d1.png

I absolutely loved Rock Solid Friendship. Maud Pie is my third favourite character after Discord and the FlimFlam Brothers, and I loved how she and Starlight made friends. It was wonderful to see Maud smile so much, and the time they spent looking at the rocks and talking to each other was really sweet. I also loved the kite-flying, and how Maud would make Starlight laugh. It was so sweet how Starlight and Maud just seemed to understand each other, and it's really great to see Maud make a friend.

7 - Twilight's Kingdom

1832623309_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.8c642e05ab92c8a3d25b05598a45821c.png

Twilight's Kingdom was my second favourite two-parter after To Where And Back Again. Tirek was such an awesome supervillain, and Discord's scenes were hilarious, especially where he appears when the Mane 6 are by the Tree of Harmony, and the part when he apologizes to Fluttershy was so touching. And I absolutely adore how there was a whole hidden pattern throughout Season 4, with each pony facing their situations and living up to their Elements and getting their keys. That was an absolutely fantastic idea. The two songs You'll Play Your Part and Let The Rainbow Remind You were absolutely terrific, too, and the ponies' rainbow forms were absolutely beautiful.

8 - The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

168836757_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.a73d9d30610a99fae836c4f33136afa2.png

This was a superb episode. Flim and Flam were such awesome characters, their appearances and charisma were just terrific, and the song The Flim Flam Cider Song was absolutely incredible. It was great how they would tease the Apple Family on the second day, and talk so quickly and back and forth. And I was so tense during the cider competition, as the stakes were so high. I also loved the parts where Flim kisses Apple Bloom, and when they dance with their hats before jumping onto the Squeezy and making a getaway. Flim and Flam are the best.

9 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark

2088087534_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.d9ecc7664f0170b4c80659c57bbb38ae.png

Crusaders of the Lost Mark was definitely one of Season 5's masterpieces, and my favourite CMC episode. I loved how it was a musical episode, with so many amazing songs, and it was amazing getting to see the other side of Diamond Tiara. The song The Pony I Want To Be completely melted my heart, and I still can't watch it without crying. After four and a half seasons of loathing Diamond Tiara to the bone, I just felt I wanted to give her a big hug. It was great how she stood up to her mother a the end, and reformed. And after all this time, the CMCs finally get their cutie marks! It was terrific! Their cutie marks just suit them so perfectly, and so do their talents. Fantastic episode.

10 - The Perfect Pear

887842991_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.e905694840bfce88e067c5cc6f9a43cf.png

The Perfect Pear was one of the most heartwarming episodes in the series, and it was great to finally see Applejack's parents. Bright Mac and Pear Butter were so sweet, how they had a secret romance, and I like how they mirror Big Mac and Sugar Belle. You're In My Head Like A Catchy Song was absolutely beautiful, too, and the part when they married and stood up to Grand Pear was brilliant. Such a beautiful episode.

Do you agree with my list? Either way, please respect my opinion. Please leave comments!

Edited by PurpleWonderPower
  • Brohoof 4

Here's my Top 10:

1. Amending Fences
  2. Discordant Harmony
  3. A Friend in Deed
  4. Buckball Season
  5. Pinkie Pride
  6. Party of One
  7. The Gift of the Maud Pie
  8. Stare Master
  9. Putting Your Hoof Down
  10. Best Gift Ever (only Season 8 episode I like the most)

Although I'm mostly into Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie episodes, the #1 here is mostly Twilight Sparkle.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't mean to put an awful episode in this list; I meant to say "A Friend in Deed". I changed it.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Here's my Top 10:

1. Amending Fences
  2. Discordant Harmony
  3. The End in Friend
  4. Buckball Season
  5. Pinkie Pride
  6. Party of One
  7. The Gift of the Maud Pie
  8. Stare Master
  9. Putting Your Hoof Down
  10. Best Gift Ever (only Season 8 episode I like the most)

Although I'm mostly into Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie episodes, the #1 here is mostly Twilight Sparkle.

I loved Buckball Season and The Gift of the Maud Pie, and Amending Fences, Pinkie Pride and Putting Your Hoof Down were good too. I agree with you about Best Gift Ever, they really suprised me with how amazing it was, after Season 8 was such a heap of trash. Also, I'm very into Pinkie/Fluttershy episodes, too, and Applejack also.

its hard for me to rate these in order.

Return of Harmony: Excellent two-parter showing how evil and manipulative Discord can be. He doesn’t have to use any magic to change them, just manipulates them to show the opposite of the element they represent. It’s still sad to see Twilight’s last year before she changes. 

Luna Eclipsed: An excellent reintroduction into Princess Luna. The scene of her sitting in the shadow of Nightmare Moon’s shadow perfectly describes her state of mind without saying a word. When Luna feels sad, you feel sad too. With a lot of help, she was able to overcome her doubts and make friends with everyone. This episode cemented her as a fan favorite character. 

Canterlott Wedding: Despite my problems with these episodes, I think they are good. We have the introduction of a great villain and great songs. My problems with the episode are that the resolution was too easy, Luna was nowhere to be seen and should have helped, and Twilight’s friends abandon her (we’ll see this happen again). 

Twilight’s Kingdom: A great two-parter featuring a great villain and betrayal by Discord. Even after he helped Tirek, Fluttershy and Twilight still considered him a friend. It was a touching scene. It also gave us a resolution to a mystery going on the entire season, not just something discovered at the very end. The destruction of the library still gets to me every time. :(  My only real gripe is with how Twilight was just given a castle because of reason. It would have meant more if Ponyville, Canterlot, and Crystal Empire helped build her a new home. It would have shown how much she means to them.

Amending Fences: A clever tie-in to the very first episode. It’s a great character episode for Twilight showing how much she has grown and what would have happened if she had never made friends. You feel for Twilight trying to make amends for a past mistake and Moon Dancer cause she felt abandoned by those she had considered to be friends. Hearing her cry at the end gets me every time. The scene of the door to her home being closed at the beginning and then open at the end are good symbolisms for her state of hind. She was closed to friendship but is now open.

To Where and Back Again: An excellent two-parter and character piece for Starlight Glimmer. She has to face her fears of leading ponies in order to save her friends. The bickering between Trixie and Discord was perfect. Their personalities clash in the best ways. I just wish the ending could have been better. It seemed too easily for all the changelings to turn against their queen right away. It would have been better if some of them left with her leaving Thorax to clean everything up. 

A Royal Problem: An episode that finally gave us more of the Princesses bickering that we saw in A Slice of Life. Seeing this side of of the Princesses was nice to see besides them being regal and perfect. I like that the Royal facade is peeled away and we see Celestia and Luna acting like how two real sisters act. They always find ways to get under each other’s skin. Between them fighting and Twilights overreacting, it was a great episode.

The Perfect Pear: A great love story between two ponies. Whether or not you believe they are dead, it’s still a very sad and tragic story. Between hearing the love song and the wedding scene, I get teared up every time. Shatner did a great job as Grand Pear. I like that the apples took attributes from their parents.

Rarity Investigates: I gave this episode a second chance and loved the mix of regular animation and film noir. Rarity would definitely belong in that era. Between Rarity’s monologuing and changing costumes all the time, I was laughing a lot. This episode made Rarity my third favorite pony.

The Best Gift Ever: Enough has been said about this seasonal special. It blew everyone away with how good it was. Great songs, nice references from Charlie Brown, Beauty & the Beast, and GI Joe, and of course Twilight going Twily-nanas. Not to mention a nice message about giving from the heart and not just what’s popular. We will all be remembering the PUUUUDING face. If I have to write a negative it would be about Spike. Either make Sparity happen or put it to rest. He doesn’t know what to get Rarity but still manipulates Fluttershy to be Rarity’s secret helper. 

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 3

My top 10:

1. Magical Mystery Cure

2. The Crystal Empire

3. Twilight's Kingdom

4. A Canterlot Wedding 

5. To Where And Back Again

6. Amending Fences

7. The Best Gift Ever

8. Hurricane Fluttershy

9. Return Of Harmony

10. A Royal Problem 

Everyone's going to hate me for making Magical Mystery Cure my favorite episode, but I don't care. I was so happy and proud for Twilight when she became a princess. :ticking:

• Brohoof 5

My Top Ten Favorite Episodes of MLP:FiM* are:

1. Magical Mystery Cure
  2. Look Before You Sleep
  3. Sisterhooves Social
  4. Amending Fences
  5. Testing Testing 1,2,3
  6. The Perfect Pear
  7. It's About Time
  8. For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils
  9. Rarity Takes Manehattan 
  10. A Canterlot Wedding Parts 1 & 2

*Only the first five  episodes are in order.

• Brohoof 3

My top 10 is probably these, in no particular order, because it's hard to choose between them: 

1. Party of One
  2. The Best Night Ever
  3. Lesson Zero
  4. The Last Roundup
  5. Hurricane Fluttershy
  6. Wonderbolts Academy
  7. Pinkie Pride
  8. Rarity Investigates!
  9. A Hearth's Warming Tale
  10. Horse Play

I explained 1-9 on my blog post here, where I also listed 16 other episodes I love. And as for "Horse Play," well: it's got a lot of really creative jokes, everyone's given something funny to do, Twilight mostly steps out of her boring princess/teacher role. Celestia is given more personality, the whole story is based around anxiety without stepping too far out of Twilight's headspace, and the moral is sweet and simple, like it should be. It's not just that it feels like the characterization of the later seasons combined with the tone of the earlier seasons, it's that it's also a really good version of that. 

• Brohoof 2

My top 10:

10. The Crystal Empire

9. The Best Night Ever

8. Suited for Success

7. Ponyville Confidential

6. It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

5. To Where and Back Again

4. Sisterhooves Social

3. Hurricane Fluttershy

2. Brotherhooves Social

1. Lesson Zero

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, bigbertha said:

My top 10:

10. The Crystal Empire

9. The Best Night Ever

8. Suited for Success

7. Ponyville Confidential

6. It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

5. To Where and Back Again

4. Sisterhooves Social

3. Hurricane Fluttershy

2. Brotherhooves Social

1. Lesson Zero

I loved The Best Night Ever and Ponyville Confidential. They were both great.

1. Pinkie Pride. 

2. The Perfect Pear. 

3. The Mysterious Mare Do Well

4. Slice of life. 

5. Dungeons and Discords

6. Stranger then fan fiction. 

7. Nightmere night.

8.To Where and Back Again. 

9.A Royal Problem.

10. All Bottled Up.

Edited by Starlighty
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Starlighty said:

1. Pinkie Pride. 

2. The Perfect Pear. 

3. The Mysterious Mare Do Well

4. Slice of life. 

5. Dungeons and Discords

I love all those episodes. And it's SO great to meet someone else who loves Mysterious Mare-Do-Well. I thought it was a great episode. Nice pick.

• Brohoof 1

My top 5 most relatable episodes are much better to me than objectively perfect episodes:

Testing Testing 1 2 3- Finding a Studying method; I'm either like Rainbow or Twilight throughout the entire run time

Flutter Brutter- Fear of Failure; Despite his rude side, Zephyr succeeding motivated me to graduate from University.

The Parent Map- My relationship with my mother matches Sunburst's relationship with his

Bloom and Gloom- Fear of future once I reach my goals

Lesson Zero: Fear of running out of time on an assignment 

Now for 5 other great episodes

Perfect Pear-The well paced and emotional love story

To Where and Back Again - 4 Antagonists team up in a suspenseful rescue mission. Plus a race of emotion eaters learns there's a better way to get their fill

Cutie Re-mark- The alternative timelines can each tell their different stories and back stories

Times They Are a Changeling- Debut of Thorax, made Changelings my favorite non-pony races, one of Spike's better episodes.

The MoltDown- Spike gets Wings, Heartwarming speech from Twilight, lot of funny lines

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

1. Twilight's Kingdom. If there ever were a perfect episode of MLP, it was this one. Literally the only issue is Tirek's somewhat generic brand of villain, and otherwise, it's actually the perfect finale. I especially liked Discord's moral dilemma choosing between the mane six and Tirek who had been has "friend" for thousands of years. It may seem a bit irrational on the surface to a degree considering it's obvious Tirek is bad news, but when you really think about it, it was executed PERFECTLY.
  2. Lesson Zero. Crazy Twilight was comical as well as being relatable for portions of the audience. My only issue with this episode was just how crazy it got at the end. It went a little too far. But yet again, even that isn't too bad of an issue considering that the whole premise of the episode revolved around her going crazy.
  3. Amending Fences. The story and the character performances of this episode were STELLAR. Not to mention that this is the first episode in which Moondancer, my favorite pony alongside Twilight, was really introduced. Unfortunate we didn't see more of her, and it makes me disappointed.
  4. The Perfect Pear. All that must be said here is that this is twice as good as any cheesy, mushy Hallmark movie will ever be. Perhaps the best love story there's ever been.
  5. Somepony to Watch Over Me. Here's my pick for "episode that I don't understand why everyone hates." I literally don't see it. This is Applejack's best outing easily, along with one of Apple Bloom's best. Both of their perspectives are rational, and even relatable. It really helps that the end of this episode could not have been any better.
  6. Dragonshy. I have watched this episode at least five times now, and it just doesn't wear off on me. I feel like this episode serves as a great analogy for people like me with anxiety problems, and with that thought in mind, it really makes Fluttershy's actions absurdly brave.
  7. Rockhoof and a Hard Place. I said probably enough when I reviewed this episode, but here's a repeat. The episode was probably the second most heartwarming episode in the series, to Perfect Pear. I was tearing up at the end. Yona made such an effort to help out Rockhoof with his problem of fitting in that I couldn't not.
  8. Inspiration Manifestation. Basically replace Lesson Zero Twilight with Rarity, and you get this episode.
  9. The Return of Harmony. Our first introduction to Equestria's very own rendition of Q. And boy, was it on point. You can really tell that De Lancie REALLY enjoyed the role of Discord, and his methods just astound me even now. Also, CHOCOLATE RAIN. You can't say that doesn't sound good.
  10. Party of One. You can tell I love the episodes where the Mane Six go absolutely bonkers. It really shows off their character and helps drastically in developing them. In this case, we see that Pinkie has abandonment issues. I can't personally relate, but I know plenty of people who can.

Honorable Mentions: To Where and Back Again, Pinkie Pride, A Royal Problem, A Friend In Deed

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 2

54 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:
  1. Twilight's Kingdom. If there ever were a perfect episode of MLP, it was this one. Literally the only issue is Tirek's somewhat generic brand of villain, and otherwise, it's actually the perfect finale. I especially liked Discord's moral dilemma choosing between the mane six and Tirek who had been has "friend" for thousands of years. It may seem a bit irrational on the surface to a degree considering it's obvious Tirek is bad news, but when you really think about it, it was executed PERFECTLY.
  2. Lesson Zero. Crazy Twilight was comical as well as being relatable for portions of the audience. My only issue with this episode was just how crazy it got at the end. It went a little too far. But yet again, even that isn't too bad of an issue considering that the whole premise of the episode revolved around her going crazy.
  3. Amending Fences. The story and the character performances of this episode were STELLAR. Not to mention that this is the first episode in which Moondancer, my favorite pony alongside Twilight, was really introduced. Unfortunate we didn't see more of her, and it makes me disappointed.
  4. The Perfect Pear. All that must be said here is that this is twice as good as any cheesy, mushy Hallmark movie will ever be. Perhaps the best love story there's ever been.
  5. Somepony to Watch Over Me. Here's my pick for "episode that I don't understand why everyone hates." I literally don't see it. This is Applejack's best outing easily, along with one of Apple Bloom's best. Both of their perspectives are rational, and even relatable. It really helps that the end of this episode could not have been any better.
  6. Dragonshy. I have watched this episode at least five times now, and it just doesn't wear off on me. I feel like this episode serves as a great analogy for people like me with anxiety problems, and with that thought in mind, it really makes Fluttershy's actions absurdly brave.
  7. Rockhoof and a Hard Place. I said probably enough when I reviewed this episode, but here's a repeat. The episode was probably the second most heartwarming episode in the series, to Perfect Pear. I was tearing up at the end. Yona made such an effort to help out Rockhoof with his problem of fitting in that I couldn't not.
  8. Inspiration Manifestation. Basically replace Lesson Zero Twilight with Rarity, and you get this episode.
  9. The Return of Harmony. Our first introduction to Equestria's very own rendition of Q. And boy, was it on point. You can really tell that De Lancie REALLY enjoyed the role of Discord, and his methods just astound me even now. Also, CHOCOLATE RAIN. You can't say that doesn't sound good.
  10. Party of One. You can tell I love the episodes where the Mane Six go absolutely bonkers. It really shows off their character and helps drastically in developing them. In this case, we see that Pinkie has abandonment issues. I can't personally relate, but I know plenty of people who can.

Honorable Mentions: To Where and Back Again, Pinkie Pride, A Royal Problem, A Friend In Deed

I like most of those episodes, especially Perfect Pear and Return of Harmony. I really didn't like Somepony To Watch Over Me, as I thought Applejack was seriously out of character, but I respect your opinion. I also thought Yona was really cute in Rockhoof and a Hard Place. 

On 11/7/2018 at 4:33 PM, PurpleWonderPower said:

I loved Buckball Season and The Gift of the Maud Pie, and Amending Fences, Pinkie Pride and Putting Your Hoof Down were good too. I agree with you about Best Gift Ever, they really suprised me with how amazing it was, after Season 8 was such a heap of trash. Also, I'm very into Pinkie/Fluttershy episodes, too, and Applejack also.

By the way, I meant to say "A Friend in Deed" for #3, not "The End in Friend". I was mistaken on that one.

• Brohoof 1