Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you name your electronics?

CandyCorn

Does naming kitchen appliances count?  My oven’s name is Brenda, she tiny, full of rage and hates parchment paper.  No matter what I do, she ALWAYS has to burn my parchment paper.  She’s ok with aluminum foil though, I think she prefers that.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:02 AM, The Historian said:

Not generally, no. However, my gaming rig is always named SweetieBot. xD

That'd probably be the only circumstance I see myself naming an electronic, 
as it's hand made by the person using it

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I have never named my cellphone, tablet, or PC but I do refer to my cars as if they were male or female. When I drove my dad’s pickup truck for awhile, I referred to it as a male.

I had a computer I put together when I bought a big green case at a flea market, (Ten bucks!) and then used two dead desktops to build one working system It was called "Monster". I had it hooked to my TV for watching movies. I illegally downloaded. had on my hard drive. 

• 1 year later...

I pretty much nickname all of the PCs I build. My PC from late 2015 to 2017 was the "Dreamcast 2", the PC I used from 2017 to 2019 was the "Gamecube 2" and my current PC I call the "Feliton", based off the last name I gave my fursona.

• 1 year later...

I never used to name my electronics but since my last post here I got my first smartphone, and I call it ‘Bolt’ as in ‘lightning’ because it has a lot of power/battery capacity and I bought it to use on vacation, when I’m in the mood to ‘bolt’ somewhere.

• Excited 2

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking of naming my computer, but other than that, no. (If anyone has name recs for a MLP themed name that'd be great lol, picture is the kind of computer I have for reference) :squee:

image_2024-03-06_061011928.png