Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Close Encounters of the Past (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@AzureMoon

After seeing Gentle and Devin were following them, Dynamo smiled as he turned to start making his way out of the arcade. "I can't agree with you more, my princess." He smiled softly, kissing her nose as he nuzzled her cheek. "By the way, Devin? Mom? Did either of you happen to take the car towards the arcade?" He asks as he tilted his head. He didn't mind carrying Scarlet like a princess all the way home. He honestly wasn't sure how everyone had arrived as they were all feeling tired.

Gentle giggled as she took Devin's paw into her hand. "In what way do you mean when things are settled? Having a nap, or snuggling your girlfriend? Also, I didn't have any doubt about you returning to play more video games, hon." She would say, before looking back at their kids. "I did and I think Devin did, as well." She says, before turning back to face Devin. "Did you take your car to the arcade, Dev? I don't recall if I saw the car in your driveway."

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dynamo Pad

The beautiful female bunny would smile and nod "Yeah I took the car" she would say as she took hold of Gentle's paw "you can take it as we'll take Gentle's" she says, tossing him the keys and smiling, "We'll be right behind you, I just need to pick up an order that's ready" she says, leading Gentle towards the game shop. 

Scarlet smiles and catches the keys, thanking her mom "So..who drives?"

@AzureMoon

"Okay and good to know. I could only imagine the confusion on who would have to take which car in order to drive home." Gentle would say, chuckling as Devin tossed her car keys over towards Dynamo. After Scarlet caught the keys, Dynamo gasped as he was told to drive Devin's car. "I get to drive the fabled legendary car? I can't believe it! This is an honor." He would jokingly smirk, before laughing. "Just kidding, but that sounds okay to me. Thank you for allowing me to drive your car, Devin. I'll make sure to take care of the vehicle." He would say, nodding as he heard Devin's remark. "Okay and we'll see you in a bit." Gentle turned to Devin, who was leading her towards the game shop. "I'm all for the plan, but what did you need to pick up at the game shop, dear?" 

Dynamo looked to Scarlet as he opened the door with his magic, before the couple made their exit of the arcade. "I think I'll be the one to drive. You drove for most of the trip from here to Manehattan. I can imagine that you're still feeling pretty tired. So, I should be good to drive us home."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles "Don't tell the kids, but it's a surprise for Dynamo" she says "I pre-ordered the newest console for him" she says "He doesn't know, he thinks they all sold out, so you can imagine his surprise when he sees it" she says "and the occasion, no occasion just..something I wanted to do for him"

Scarlet would nod "O-okay, you're right there, best for me not to drive while tired, even if it is a shortish trip"

@AzureMoon

At the mention of Devin's plan, Gentle's jaw dropped in shock. "Are you serious? I mean, don't get me wrong. That is really nice and sweet of you, but that was unexpected." She whispered softly, while making sure the kids were out of earshot. "I remember hearing how he came home from the store and said they were out of consoles. I was thinking they would restock at a later time, or maybe get it for his birthday or even Hearth's Warming. I think that's really sweet of you, dear. It'll be a lovely gift for the kids. When you think about it, this could be a lovely family gift too."

Dynamo took notice of the slight stutter in Scarlet's voice. He wasn't sure if something had bothered her, but he felt he should ask. He knew better than to leave things where they were and not bring anything up. "Is everything okay, Scar? I noticed the slight stutter, but I wasn't sure if it was something I had said. I do agree that it's better to be safe than sorry. I remember traveling once and I had felt tired during the drive. I hit a curb and destroyed one of my tires. It turned out there was a bit of exhaust and that the muffler had broke in half. I had to learn to change a tire and get a car fixed all in the same day." He chuckled as he finally made their way over towards Devin's car. He used his magic to open the passenger side door, before gently placing the female rabbit back on her feet. "After you, m'lady. Please watch your step as you enter the vehicle." He would say, while talking like an robotic instructor for an amusement park ride.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles "I kind of..had to pull some strings with the guys at the store to make it so Dynamo couldn't pick one up. I know it sounds kind of cruel, but I had been planing this for ages" she'd say with a smile, "Late Hearths Warming and early birthday present" she'd mention as they made their way to the counter to pick up her order.

Scarlet smiles"I-it's okay sweetie, I'm just.." she covers a yawn "Tired is all"

@AzureMoon

At the mention of the plan, Gentle couldn't help in smirking slightly. "That's so devious. You were always so crafty and sneaky with planning a surprise. It almost made me wonder if you were Pinkie Pie in disguise." She would laugh, before smiling. "That sounds quite lovely. A gift to make up for a late holiday, while planning for a soon to be celebration. It's the jack of all trades in gift giving. I know our kids will love the gift, dear. Does Scarlet know about this, or is she left in the dark about the gift, as well?" She would ask as they made their way to the counter.

Dynamo opened his mouth to speak, but he froze slightly. He wanted to argue as he felt there was something wrong. However, he knew that whatever was bothering Scarlet, he knew she would tell him. "Okay and I'm sorry, honey. I guess I just can't help in worrying. I'll always worry about you. Just like how I'll always love you, sweetheart." After helping her into the car, he closed the passenger door, before making his way over towards the driver's side. He entered the vehicle as he closed the door and started the ignition.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin chuckles "Sometimes I wonder that myself and thanks love, it took a lot of planning and forethought" she would say then nuzzles her lovingly as they wait for the clerk to come from the back with the console "and Scarlet's as much in the dark about this as Dynamo is" she'd smile to her, "I guess it's also a welcome home present, I had no idea she would even be coming back here though, so yeah"

Scarlet smiles and nuzzles into his chest "It's okay darling, it's nice to know that you care and worry" she says, closing her eyes and falling asleep in his arms.

@AzureMoon

Gentle rolled her eyes at the joke, before chuckling along with Devin. "Perhaps you should get a DNA test to see if the two of you are related. You never know as you both seem to be spontaneous in going along with crazy ideas. That must have taken a lot of planning and forethought. Seeing how I wasn't aware of what you were planning." She says, pulling Devin into a hug as she returned the nuzzle. "Of course, that's one of the many things that I love about you, Dev. You have a bright mind and you're both smart and very clever." She would say, smirking at the mention of Scarlet not knowing either. "Perfect! I can tell she'll be just as surprised as Dynamo. By any chanced, did the console come with any games? Maybe I can help chip in by getting some games for them to play." She would say, mirroring the same smile. "Nobody would have expected Scarlet to come back home, but it's a very nice surprise. It looks like you and I can return that very surprise." She would say with a giggle, while the two waited for the clerk to return.

Dynamo smiled as he placed a kiss upon her head. "I'll always care and worry about you, sweetheart. The reason is simple because I love you so, very much." He says, taking slight notice as the female rabbit had fall asleep in his arms. He blinked as he arrived at the vehicle. At the same time, trying to figure out how to place his girlfriend in the passenger's seat. He used his magic to open the passenger door, while being careful to place Scarlet in her seat. After gently placing her down and buckling her in, he closed the door and entered the driver's side. After closing the door and buckling up, Dynamo turned the ignition to the car on. Making sure that nobody was passing by, he began to exit the arcade and drove straight for home.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin thinks on a moment and smiles with a nod "Oh yes, that sounds like a good idea, I think it came with one or two games, but we ought to get them some more games as well" she smiles "always full of good ideas" she kisses her.

@AzureMoon

Gentle smiled as Devin agreed with the idea she had previously mentioned. Perfect! I remember most special edition consoles give out one game at most. Do you perhaps know which game that is available with the console you're getting? If so, then we can pick up about two more games. This way, they'll have those games to occupy their time, before they decide to pick up more games in the future." She giggled as she returned the kiss. "Well, I wouldn't say that. You were always the one with the great ideas too. I guess great minds think alike, dear." She smiled as she nuzzles Devin.

@AzureMoon

At the mention of the specific game, Gentle could only roll her eyes with a soft smile. "Oh, no. That's a fitting choice as I've heard the random videos my son has watched on that game. Probably because he laughs at all the random moments and soundboards." She giggled softly, before nodding. "I can only imagine what our kids will be when they play against other players." She would say, thinking for a moment as a thought had come to mind. "I think I might know of a few co-op games and a few platformer's. Maybe we can look for the games later after we have our nap. That is, unless we can find a place that has the video games we need. We could split up the search and then surprise the kids."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles and nods "A nap then looking for the games sounds good to me dear" she'd nuzzle her "I think I know of a game store that has both up to date games as well as some retro games too" she'd say "So after the nap, we can go there and see if they've got the games" she then chuckles a bit at what Gentle said about Dynamo laughing at the silly videos "How can I forget" she'd chuckle "some more "There's been times I wanted a nap and he'd be laughing in his room"

@AzureMoon

"We'll just need to make sure to hide the gift when we get home. That way, the kids won't have to go looking around, while wondering what we got them. Perhaps we can leave the gift at your house. They would never expect to find the console there." Gentle would smile and nod, before returning the nuzzle. "I like the sound of that. Usually, I would hear of stores only having the up to date games, or some games that are a few years old. Nowadays, you get points for your console to buy retro games online. If that's the case, then we can do that, but I would still like to visit the game store later. I can only imagine how these retro games have been kept in good condition." Gentle chuckled, before smiling softly, yet apologetically. "I'm sorry about that, hon. Sometimes I hear the ponies in the video yelling at one another. I always thought that it was Dynamo talking to someone in his room." She chuckled some more as she shrugged her shoulders.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin chuckles "Oh perfect idea" she says and nods as she pays for the console and game, thanking the cashier before leaving towards their car "And of course we'll go back to the game store after visiting the retro store" she says and then leans over to hug and kiss Gentle "And you are right, most of those older games are digital copy only, so I can imagine their expressions to have some physical copies of their favourite old games"

@AzureMoon

Gentle grinned at Devin, who was all for the suggestion. After paying for the console and game, they thanked the cashier, before making their exit towards the car. "Okay and I'm all for that plan. There might not be many new games as it's like you said. The store is known as a retro store. That's why most of the classic games will be more accessible." She would say, returning the kiss and hug. "I would always be more towards the idea of getting the physical copy of video games. Considering I've heard the countless times of the digital copy would be deleted off of the game. Due to possible viruses or by accidental deletion. It feels like a waste of money if you paid for something online and then you instantly lost it." 

@Dynamo Pad

Devin would listen and nod to her remark "I know what you mean, It's like it's only a limited time thing." she says "But to have paid for something and only to have it removed from your account later on, due to something like a revoking of the key, or the developers or distributor closing down" she shakes her head as she unlocks the car and gets in.

@AzureMoon

Gentle would nod as Devin unlocked the car. "Exactly! It's either you get what you need to get now, or you'll never see it again. Either that, or it'll show up later, but it might be expensive. Due to a sale that had passed by earlier on." She says, opening the door and entering the front passenger seat. "It just feels like all that hard work for absolutely nothing. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Not even my greatest enemy. Although, the same can be said for a physical copy of video games. You run the risk of having the game disc become scratched up. Even though store clerks ask you if you want a warranty to get a free copy."

@Dynamo Pad

"Indeed, how-ever I know for a fact that both Dynamo and Scarlet always put their discs back into their cases to make sure they get the most use out of the discs" Devin says, starting up the engine "and back to Dynamo being loud when I'm napping, it's kind of my own fault. I don't exactly tell him I'm going for a nap when I do and asking him to be quieter."

@AzureMoon

"It's either that, or they leave the disc within the game console. Considering they would most likely play the game later on in the day, or at another time. I'm glad they do put their belongings away. You wouldn't want anything to become scratched up, while the game suddenly crashes out of nowhere. It's like that for me when watching movies on Netflix or Hulu." Gentle says as Devin started up the car. As they got back to the subject of napping, Gentle giggled as she gave her girlfriend a look of understanding. "That's understandable and we all make mistakes, Dev. I know I usually let Dynamo know when I'm going to take a nap. That, or to just let him know when to put Chocolate out to the bathroom."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles and nods "They've always been very good with looking after their things" she says and holds her paw "Ah well, I can't stop him from having fun, I am sure there's been times he's probably wanted a nap or to go to sleep, and we might have had the volume of a tv show or movie we were watching a tad bit too loud" she would say and continue the drive, but stops immediately as they pass a poster for a new series called Channel Zero. She scowls and lets out a growl. "Bloody television producers!"

@AzureMoon

"Well, we did teach our kids how to be responsible. If not, then they would have not taken great care of the things that they have now." Gentle responded as she felt Devin take her hand into her paw. "I always have a tendency to freak out when something happens in a TV show or movie. That's when I happen to wake him up on accident. So, I guess there are times where we can't fault each other." She would say, before her ears perked as she heard Devin growl. She wanted to ask what was wrong, before looking to where Devin was staring. Her answer was given in the form of a poster that talked about Channel Zero. She squinted her eyes to read the contents of the poster, before furrowing her eyebrows and frowning. "You've got to be kidding me. Is whoever making this show being serious?"

@Dynamo Pad

Devin scowls some more "Think we may need to take a detour to the mayor's office. She knows all too well how everything went and the effect it had on everyone here" she would say "and sorry dear, I know this effected you as badly as it did our kids, but I cannot let this go. It took ages for our kids to heal and even more so for the rest of the town, I can't believe this was approved!" she exclaims, slamming on the accelerator and making a detour towards Mayor Mare's office.

@AzureMoon

Gentle frowned in concern, before placing a hand upon her shoulder. "I think that's a good idea, but maybe we can wait until we have our nap first? We don't want to go there feeling tired and possibly forget the discussion. That, or we don't want to argue with the mayor and say something we might regret." She would say, shaking her head with an understanding look. "There's no need to apologize, my dear. This effected you, as well. We cannot let this show be put on the air. If it affected the kids from years ago, then what's stopping the newer generation? Not only that, but it could very well be a documentary that our kids wouldn't want to be a part of." She says, almost sinking back into the seat as Devin hit the gas pedal. All the while making their way towards Mayor Mare's office.