Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Close Encounters of the Past (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

They soon arrived at the mayor's office and Devin parked right outside as she got out of the car and stormed into her office. "Mayor Mare!" she exclaims, but before she could continue, the grey haired mare would motion for her to sit "Devin, Gentle, please sit, I believe I know what this is about" she says and sighs, waiting for them to sit. Once they do she looks to Devin "Now Devin, I understand your frustration and anger, after all, you very nearly lost Scarlet due to that..thing that was going around" she would say "But please calm down, I cannot expect tot have a civil conversation with you if you're not calm"

Devin looks at her "I..." she then sighs and closes her eyes, while holding Gentle's hand in her paw. She breathes in and out a few times before calming down "I'm sorry Mayor Mare, it just..seeing that poster..it really angered me."

Mayor Mare nods "I completely understand Devin, and Gentle, it hit you just as bad, Dynamo was so grief stricken" she paces around "but you are right, this new..tv show or program that is being advertised..I cannot believe it, and I'm fairly certain they didn't seek permits, if they did, they would have been rejected" she says and closes her eyes "Now please, rest assured I am working on getting this cancelled, I don't want a mass panic or to open up old wounds" she would then look at them, but more directly at Devin "I don't want, nor do I need a hate mob right now or ever. So please, no lynching or protests, the cancellation will go more smoother without any outside interference."

Devin sighs "I know you're right, just I..don't know how our kids are going to react to this, Scarlet just got back from Manehatten and..she's finally back to her old, happy self, and Dynamo..." she then looks to Gentle.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AzureMoon

The couple soon arrived at the mayor's office. After finding a place to park, Gentle exited the passenger side to see Devin, who was storming her way towards the office. She sighed softly, before hurrying after her. Upon making her presence known, the periwinkle unicorn could see the mayor was motioning Devin towards an open chair. Seeing an open chair next to Devin, the unicorn motioned over towards the seat. Upon sitting down, Gentle felt the female rabbit take her hand into her paw. "Yes. I'm guessing you may have heard or seen the poster flyers around town. I'm not sure who or why they would advertise this, but I don't think it's the best course of action." She didn't want to admit it, but she was furious, as well about seeing those flyers. 

"If they were able to gain access to the TV stations, then they must have found a way to get around the permit option. Would they be in this town, or does it all lead back to somewhere?" She would ask, taking notice of the mayor, who was pacing around her office. "I just hope you're right. I want this cancelled and I want it cancelled now! It looks like they are bringing the show back, or they just want to reenact events of the past. Seriously? That's the most ludicrous thing I've heard in TV series. Why replay the one event that really affected the younger generation of Equestria's future!?" She took a deep breath and sighed as she knew the mayor would want them both to keep calm. "While I would say no promises on a mob. We'll make sure to not let any trouble escalate in town. Just be careful as you know other parents will be up in arms about all of this." Gentle looked to Devin and nodded at her remark of their kids. "Dynamo just got to being his old self too. Sure, there's still some things that were brought to light, but it seems all is well. It's like our kids are becoming their old selves again. Right before this ridiculous legend and TV show came to be. We can't allow this show to be on the loose again. If it did, then I don't know what will happen."

@Dynamo Pad

Mayor Mare sighs "I completely understand, Devin and Gentle, believe me, I do" she would say as she'd sit behind her desk and rub her temples "Unfortunately, there are so many ways to abate the permits" she'd say "For one, is going straight through the television studios" she'd say, looking to them "How-ever, that is only if they plan to air it here, if they plan to actually record here, then they have to go through me" she would say, then look to them "Devin, you look exhausted, why not get home and get some rest." she then looks to Gentle "Gentle, I'll keep you updated, please get Devin home safely"

@AzureMoon

Gentle kept her eyes on Mayor Mare as she made her way back over towards her desk. The periwinkle mare listened intently on the different ways on how to avoid this show from being aired on TV. "So, what you're saying is that it might be impossible to stop this from airing, but there might be a way. It would just not seem as simple as it would normally seem." She would say, smiling slightly as the mayor had their back. "Thank you for letting us know, Mayor. I'm glad that you're just as against this Channel Zero show as much as Devin and I are." She would say as the Mayor looked in her general direction. "Okay and I'll make sure that Devin gets home safely. Just let us know and we'll all plan things out from there." She would nod, standing up as she took Devin's hand into her own. "Let's go, Dev. It's time for us to go home. We wouldn't want to worry our kids." 

@Dynamo Pad

Mayor Mare nodded "Please take care of yourself too, Gentle" she would say as she waved to the two as they left the office.

"That..went better than I anticipated" Devin would say to Gentle, getting into the passenger side of the car and buckling up. "I guess Mayor Mare must have seen the posters before we did" she then looks to Gentle "We're going to need to talk to the kids about this, I just hope they didn't see the posters already or anything advertised on tv or the internet" she says and reclines the seat back a little before closing her eyes.

@AzureMoon

Gentle nodded as she waved to the mayor, while continuing to make her way out of town hall. "You can say that again, Dev." She would say, helping Devin into the car as she made her way towards the driver's side. "I suppose, but I guess she was against this idea from the beginning. Considering that flyers need to be approved by the mayor, before being posted up around town." Upon stepping into the car, she closed the door and started up the vehicle. "I'm just glad I was there for you when I was. I know you have a tendency to go on a rant, but it's because you know how to speak your mind. I don't think the kids saw the posters, but let's just hope they haven't. We'll definitely have to talk to them about it later tonight or tomorrow. The sooner the better, in my opinion. That way, they won't have to see this show ever again." After making sure that the road was clear, Gentle left the parking lot and started driving towards home.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin would nod "I'm just afraid that this whole thing will open up old wounds, not just for our kids but for the others who were involved" she would say "But I mean as Mayor Mare stated, both Dynamo and Scarlet just healed and came back to their old selves" she'd say with a slight sigh.

@AzureMoon

"I understand Dev, but I know everyone might have to face it sooner or later. Perhaps that whole get together from survivor's of the event would be a good idea. It would be a way to reflect, discuss and heal from the trauma." She would say with a sigh. "I just hope they haven't seen any of those posters. Even if they did, then I know they'd be able to be there for each other. They're both strong because they are our kids, after all." She smiled softly as she knew it was better to stay hopeful.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin nods "I think you're right, I'll call everyone, let them know to meet at our house" she would say "Could you please handle the talking to our kids about it?" she would ask "You have a better time with conveying things without getting too emotional"

@AzureMoon

"Do you still have the telephone book with everyone's numbers in them? I recall there were a lot of friends we had talked to over what had happened years ago." Gentle would say, before nodding in understanding. "Of course, hon. I have no problem talking to our kids about this. If anything, we'll at least let them know in the chance they didn't hear anything about this. The idea is to just try and stay calm, but I know nobody can stay calm all the time. It's better to let others know what you are feeling. Plus, it really showed how you wanted to go right to the source and get this situation taken care of. I can really respect that from you, Dev."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin nods with a smile "Sure do hon, I kept it just incase it was needed" she would say, continuing the drive, "And thanks hon, you are right." she smiles a little at her "Mayor Mare has been a good friend to us, and a great mayor for the town. It seemed unfair if we just rallied up and caused a scene, I wanted to give her a chance, and of course, she was right onto it" she would say, stopping on the side of the road. She then looks over to Gentle "Dear..this calls for drastic measures, I'm going to take a bit of a nap here, then we'll go right to the game store" she would say "My thoughts are...as much as I hate it, but getting them their games and the console while telling them, might just soften the blow a bit"

@AzureMoon

"That's a relief. I knew we would need to have everyone's numbers at one point or another. I guess now is the time, but let's just see how it all turns out. We'll still contact the parents to let them know of what's going on. Provided that they haven't seen or heard anything yet from these posters." Gentle would say with a nod and kind smile. "You're welcome and it's no trouble. Mayor Mare has really helped out this town since the incident years ago. It might seem unfair, but it was just us townsfolk addressing the situation. We might have gone overboard, but we were just concerned. At the very least, she was understanding and is now on the case. If she finds out anything, then we'll be the first to know and vice versa." As Devin stopped the car, Gentle looked over to the female rabbit in concern. "That does sound a bit drastic when you put it that way, but I think that's the best option we can go with. They'll have to know sooner or later. The sooner the better, instead of finding out on their own. Plus, they'll have a game console and games to take their mind off of things. At any rate, let's swap seat roles in the car. I'm good to drive and you can rest in the passenger seat. When we get to the game store, then I'll make sure to wake you up."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles and nods sleepily "B-better idea" she says, getting out of the driver's side of the car and looks at Gentle, kissing her cheek "Thanks love" she would say as she hugs her then gets into the passenger side of the car, settling in after buckling up and leaning the seat back, swiftly falling asleep, her little tail wagging happily, because despite this little upset, she was quite happy, due to not only having her daughter back home, but also finally being in a romantic and loving relationship with Gentle Step.

@AzureMoon

After finding a nice place to park, Gentle got out of the passenger side of the car, before looking at Devin. She smiled as Devin kisses her cheek, before returning the kiss and hug. "You're welcome and it's no problem, hon. Just rest and we'll be at the game store before you know it." She would say, getting into the driver's side of the car and buckles up her seatbelt. She looks over to Devin, who swiftly fell asleep. Making sure that nobody was passing by, Gentle got back onto the road towards the game store. She made sure to take her time driving, so as to let Devin get some much needed rest.

@Dynamo Pad

Gentle smiled softly "Always treating me so well darling" she'd say sleepily as she got into the car again, buckled up her seat belt and fell asleep as soon as she was confortable.

Meanwhile, Scarlet had recently woken up from her nap "Mmm, what a wonderful nap"

@AzureMoon

"It's how I'd always treat you as my best friend. However, now it's as my special someone." Gentle smiled as made sure that Devin was buckled up in her seat belt. She saw the game store was coming into view, but she chose to still take her time. So as to not wake Devin up from her much needed rest.

Meanwhile, Dynamo's eyes slowly opened as Scarlet had moved from waking up. He looked around, before looking back at the female rabbit with a smile. "Morning, Scar. You can say that again." He would say, sitting up as he stretched his arms over his head. "I didn't think I was still feeling tired. I know we lied down next to each other, but I just couldn't fall asleep. However, having you next to me had helped me to fall asleep. It also helps we had our other friends to be there with us." He smiled, noticing Chocolate and Milkshake were with them, while they were sleeping.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods as she would pet both Chocolate and Milkshake, "Yeah, I only really intended to rest a bit" she would say, leaning over to kiss Dynamo and hug him. She then stretches and smiles a little "What would you like for breakfast?" she would ask, getting up and getting ready to go down to the kitchen to make them something eat and ready for the day ahead of them.

@AzureMoon

"I remember you telling me that, but I guess that drive home made us feel more tired. I'm never a fan of driving to a location that's far away, but it was worth it. I was able to meet your aunts and I got to see where you worked at. The trip was a lot of fun." He would say, being caught off guard as she leaned over to kiss him. He smiled as he returned the hug and affection. "Hmm...I'm not really sure. To be honest, I'm up to having anything for breakfast. Do you have anything in mind? Maybe we can work together and have breakfast together. That way, our mom's also have something to eat when they get back. Depending if they haven't had anything for breakfast yet." He would say, getting up and getting set to head downstairs to the kitchen.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet would nod and kiss his cheek "We could make pancakes, hashbrowns, sausages and bacon for breakfast, a nice big breakfast to start the morning with" she kisses his cheek once more before making her way down to the kitchen to begin preparing the breakfast they were going to cook for everyone.

@AzureMoon

As Scarlet listed off the ideas for breakfast, Dynamo could feel his stomach beginning to growl. "All of those ideas sound way too good to pass up, babe. Even my stomach is agreeing with you." He chuckled, nodding as he returned the kiss upon her cheek. "I think that's a great idea. This way, our mom's will have something to eat when they get home too. If you'd like, then I can help you out on preparing breakfast. You listed four different things. So, perhaps we can split the work between each other." He would say, following the female rabbit, while the two made their way down towards the kitchen. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "Sure, I'd love the help in making breakfast" she'd say, giving Dynamo a quick hug as she set about giving Chocolate and Milkshake their breakfasts first.

Meanwhile, Devin was still asleep in the car, but by the movement of her ears and nose, and the whimpers she was making, she was having a nightmare.

@AzureMoon

Dynamo smiled as he returned the hug. "Okay. In that case, then let's make a nice breakfast for everyone. Afterwards, we can relax for the day. If not, then maybe later we can bring in the boxes we placed in the trunk." He says, moving over towards the fridge and opens the door. Grabbing all of the materials that were needed to make breakfast, before closing the door behind him. 

Meanwhile, Gentle was still driving towards the game store as Devin was still sleeping. The periwinkle unicorn smiled as the game store was within her sights. As she pulled into the parking lot, she quickly glanced over towards Devin. She frowned in concern as Devin whimpered, while her ears and nose twitched. To Gentle, it looked like she was having a nightmare of sorts. She pulled into a parking space that was close by, before putting the car into park. She leaned over and placed a hand upon Devin's shoulder. "Devin. Hey, Devin. Please, wake up, hon." She called out to her as she began to shake Devin's shoulder.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and kisses him "While we wait for our moms to get home, wanna do some coplay in Pokemon?" she would ask "It's been a while" she says, starting to make the pancakes and hashbrowns.

Devin would stir "H..hmpf..G-Gentle?"

@AzureMoon

"Cosplay in Pokemon, huh?" Dynamo thought, before smiling and returning the affection. "Sure. It's like you said that it's been a while. What cosplay did you have in mind? Do you still play the video games, too? I actually wonder if I still have my cosplay." He wondered as he started to make the bacon sausages. 

Gentle smiled as she gave a soft sigh of relief. "Thank goodness that you're okay. You looked to have been having a nightmare. So, I wanted to quickly wake you up. It's a good thing we made it to the game store."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "It's been a while since I had played" she says "And i meant co-play, as in we play together" she chuckles "But cosplay sounds like fun as well, I might go as a dark  Pokemon" she says to him and nuzzles him.

Devin yawns and stretches "Mm, yeah, just what's happening, kind of brought back bad memories..I might need an appointment with Dr Wolf too" she says with a sigh, getting out of the car "Come on, lets get those games for our kids then head home, I could really do with a family cuddle right now"