Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else feel like it was a dream?

Star Petal

I want to take a moment right now to express how I feel the show coming to an end, give an analogyof how I feel it coming to its end and I want to see if anypony else out there also feels this way. Or how DOES it make you feel inside. 

The saddest thing is that thinking about it ending, it reminds me of that Episode of "Hey Arnold" where they go to the oprah and at one oprah themed dream sequence before helga kisses arnold she wakes and and as she walks out of the theater with her friends, phebie asks her if she liked the show and she states to her, It was good, too bad it ended so soon"> It was something like that she said. It's like we have all been in a dream, a very nice lovely dream and now we have finally woken up and now it's over, and just like a real dream it ended too soon. Dreams often end very quickly since you don't have any perception of time and when something like that ends, like being in a dream or when you time skip due to drugs like marijuana or anything else you can imagine where you perception of just how much time passes, you don't realize how much time passed and it's almost like no time passed at all since that day when you saw the very first episode that made you fall in love. The worst thing being is that you don't have very many memories but just points in time that you remember in junctions in between the different parts that left the biggest impression that you can still remember, but as you keep thinking it just seems that no time has passed during this dream and it ends before you realized that it had ever really started going. 

That is how the end of my little pony feels to me. It feels as though I had fell in love with a dream that ended before any time had passed before realizing it was ever really coming so soon. I never even got down to practicing how to draw so I could inevitably draw my own OC's, I never could draw anymore than a stick figure. I wanted more time on my mlp / gaming channel and before I realized when I was trying to pay off my credit and then save up for a computer, G4 was ending. Plus, there was a lot of general laziness too. I still haven't gotten to play that MMO mlp game I heard about a while ago that last time I cared to check was still in some sort of closed beta. Legends of equestria I think it was called. But anyway, now I am rambling, what is your feelings about it? 

I’m excited for gen 5 more than anything. Our old friends are not gon, they’re merely moving on.

I feel like one part of me is leaving, as ponies really helped me an extremely long period of dark times for me. Feels like I’m about to say goodbye to real friends :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

I don't feel like it's just a dream per se, but I definitely see where you are cominng from.

I mostly feel... odd. Not even conventionally sad, more like melancholic and solemn. Like I finally realize how much ponies mean to me. I've been waching the show since 2012 (!) and all along was able to look forward to the next season/episode as it was about to come out. It's been 7 years. It's not typical for me to stay obsessed with something for this long. I mean, it's pretty typical for me to BECOME obsessed with something, stay for some time and then drop it for quite some time. But it didn't happen with FiM. Of course, my level of obsession varied, and there were times when I was totally "ponies are awesome, you should watch them!" and times when I was just semi-quietly enjoying the show and even times when it slightly annoyed me but I was still drawn to it for so long.

Seeing it come to end... I feel like I'm losing part of myself. I hope G5 justifies high expectations.

(edited)

I have been going to Bronycon for the past 6 or so years and I get sad every time I leave. Every year that I am there I see the same people and do the same things, mostly play games. Each year it feels like no time has passed. It feels like 362 days are meaningless and those 3 days are everything. This year I will be driving out of Baltimore for the last time. I will be so sad.

There are other shows and things that I like but MLP is such an amazing show. I can't find people with the same passions in my other hobbies.

Edited by BronyNumber2

Not at all. Season 2/3 got me hooked, but after that I removed MLP from the center of my life and pushed it into " a silly hobby" drawer. It was never a major point of my life after that therefore my priorities went elsewhere.

The show ending is just like any other news. But by no means that news does top any other news past few years. Chester Bennington. Those news had impact on me and were like a heavy slap to the face. MLP rightful ending is more of soothing news rather than any sort of wake up calls.