Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Alcoholic Beverages

Bendy

(edited)

What Alcoholic Beverages from My Little Pony would you like to drink?

I'd like to drink Apple Cider.

Edited by Rush

Isn't apple cider non alcoholic in the US or have i misheard someone?

No, you're right. Apple cider is, usually, non-alcoholic.

Besides which, unless they spiked it with something, we see the process with which they make the cider. There's no alcohol in it, and it's not left along long enough to ferment. So, no, the Apples' apple cider is almost certainly not alcoholic. I'm 99% sure. But then, this is a kids' show, making me 150% sure.

• Brohoof 6

Hmm, I thought this would have more to do with pony-related alcoholic beverages, like Applejack Daniels. That being said, I'm really bad at that sort of stuff, but I'll give it a go...

Rainbow's Dash - I see it as a flavoured spirit of some sort.

Twilight Sparkling - Sparkling wine...

I'm going to stop before I embarrass myself even further... :blink:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cider can be made as "Fresh cider" which is essentially pulped apple flesh, or "Hard cider" which takes the juice of an apple and ferments its natural sugar.

Although neither is inferred by the Cider episode, whichever one is assumed by a given fan is their personal preference on the nature of Ponyvillian society.

As much as Pinkie is a party pony, I find it hard to believe any normal being would want to drink 12 pints at six in the morning.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

To be honest I am a sober man... I don't drink, haha, but if I ever magically happened to come to Ponyville I would have been drinking, I guess :) I would love to taste all the stuff to be honest. The applecider sounds delicious :)

Edited by Mikael

(edited)

What Alcoholic Beverages from My Little Pony would you like to drink?

I'd like to drink Apple Cider.

It's real lol. Find yourself some Woodchuck or Strongbow that is if you're of legal drinking age.

Technically those are called "dry ciders" or "hard ciders" but it's the closest you're going to get to the "cider" in the show.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 2

Absolut Twilight = grape vodka

Absolut Rainbow = tropical fruit vodka

Absolut Applejack = apple vodka

Absolut Pinkie = cotton candy vodka

Absolut Rarity = triple distilled vodka, with sparkly silver flakes in it

Absolut Fluttershy = melon vodka

• Brohoof 4

I'd like two Appletinis and a jug of Granny Smith's Mason Jar Moonshine!

This is a world where pies can take down a buffalo... the cider probably effects them in the same way we react to consuming beer.

(edited)

I'd just stick with beer... what? You don't think they have beer in Equestria? Well think again everypony!!! After getting driven out of the cider business, the Flim Flam Brothers decided to go into the beer business instead!!! And of course, they made another catchy song to promote their new product! B)

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq2rbGkHIAM[/media]

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't drink, but I think if I'd find myself in a land full off talking equines, I'd reach for the first bottle of Applejack Daniëls I saw, even if just to test whether getting drunk while drunk will get me un-drunk. (Of course, the more likely event is that I get so drunk that I would find myself in a land full of talking gender bent equines.)

Edited by Zhinzo

(edited)

I'll have whatever Derpy's having.

The top comment on that video says that apple cider doesn't foam unless it has alcohol in it. hmmmm

Edited by My little pwny