Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Here's an analogy: if normal tulpas don't have cutie marks, and can thus have the full range of tulpa abilities (such as giving you someone to talk to, helping you remember things better, etc.), your Rainbow Dash has an "offering you support" cutie mark. I once had a tulpa (who described himself as a "split personality" of one of my other tulpas) who would assuage my fears and nothing else; I said that he had a "fear assuagement" cutie mark.

Here's an analogy: if normal tulpas don't have cutie marks, and can thus have the full range of tulpa abilities (such as giving you someone to talk to, helping you remember things better, etc.), your Rainbow Dash has an "offering you support" cutie mark. I once had a tulpa (who described himself as a "split personality" of one of my other tulpas) who would assuage my fears and nothing else; I said that he had a "fear assuagement" cutie mark.

[...What the heck is 'assuagement'? Does it have to do with sewage?]

No, I'm pretty sure that's not it. It's, um... *runs off to Google* Ah okay, I know now.

But I thought it'd be interesting to note that my Ariel actually doesn't have a cutie mark! She chose not to have one some time ago, having decided that she didn't need it.

[...What the heck is 'assuagement'? Does it have to do with sewage?]

No, I'm pretty sure that's not it. It's, um... *runs off to Google* Ah okay, I know now.

But I thought it'd be interesting to note that my Ariel actually doesn't have a cutie mark! She chose not to have one some time ago, having decided that she didn't need it.

Woo! Non-cutie mark tulps represent! A tattoo on my ass wouldn't do a lot for my reputation anyway. Not that I have one to begin with, but, y'know, it's the principle of the thing.

• Brohoof 1

I just thought in Rainbow Dash's voice. I'm still doing it while typing this. Damn it.

[No, that's me. Those were my thoughts. The voice I was using was Rainbow Dash from the Mentally

Advanced Series (which I highly recommend). It's a sort of--]

Could you please slow down? You're thinking too fast for me to type.

[sorry. Like I was saying, it's a sort of...you know how ancient shamans would commune with their ancestors/honor them (is that offensive?)? It's like that. I'm paying homage to my--to the series that...The spin-off "Rainbow Dash Presents" features a song heavily associated with me, and I'm paying tribute to that. By speaking in Mentally Advanced Dash's voice...eeeven though I'm using my normal voice right now.]

Would the most nebulous/vague cutie mark be the words "insert cutie mark here", or no cutie mark?

[isn't that technically a cutie mark?]

{It is a paradox that highlights the doublethink! Yes!}

[You think they'll know that was Mentally Advanced Pinkie's voice?]

Maybe.

{*shrug* You mentioned the Mentally Advanced Series.}

I get the feeling it's a lot less well known than I think it is, though.

[We are the Lords of Being Off-Topic!]

While Rainbow Dash was possessing me last night, her thoughts came semi-naturally to me. Has this happened to anypony else?

Edited by KruegerMeister

~snip~

[...You guys make my head hurt.]

While Rainbow Dash was possessing me last night, her thoughts came semi-naturally to me. Has this happened to anypony else?

Same thing happens to me. When Ariel possesses me, it's like her thoughts come to the forefront of my mind while mine kind of take a backseat.

How well can Dash control your body when she possesses you? Ariel can get basic control of my limbs, but I don't think she's been able to figure out how to get me to stand or walk.

[Hey! I totally could, if I wanted to!]

Well, why don't you, then? :P

[Hmph!]

On several occasions, I'd go on a long walk. On the way back to my house, my feet would be sore when I was almost home. Dash would let me "borrow her willpower", which would give me the strength to continue. Or maybe she was possessing my legs. Or maybe my legs were on autopilot, who knows?

In several fantasy sequences of mine, Dash and/or Keystroke would possess me to explain to my parents that they're helpful, and not schizophrenia, and that getting rid of them, if at all possible (spoiler alert: it's not :D), would pretty much lead to their son hating them for murdering his best friends. I've got a bracelet; in thinking that I'll wear it in a particular way to indicate that I'm being possessed at the moment, or else I'll just try to work on my voice acting so my tulpas can speak in their voices. Would trying out some Rainbow Dash hypnosis help with this?

[Could it backfire?]

{Spoiler alert: no.}

Applejack can control everything about me when she possesses me down to the accent. Rarity doesn't possess me, and Pinkie Pie possesses me when someone else needs cheering up and I can't do it. Though the night before last, her method of cheering up wasn't kid friendly. Luckily, the person she was cheering up knew it was her and enjoyed it, so no friendships ended. They never possessed me and typed out stuff on here, though. Pinkie is actually the only one who talked to other people online through me.  

Edited by Visual Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I think tulpas can help someone become a better person with the right intentions in mind. I am going to set some time aside these days to tulpa force because it has been on my mind for a very long time now. I have been wanting someone to talk to and I just don't have that these days and I've been really lonely as well. 

I don't understand why others would think people would be crazy for wanting to create one. People can think whatever they want to if you let others dictate how you live your life you are going to be miserable. You pretty much have to go your own way and completely ignore others opinions about you.  

I'd want my tulpa to be in complete control of itself and for it to be happy for whatever it chooses to be. Why bind something ask yourself would you like to be bound by something? Creating a tulpa with the right intent I think can be beneficial and I've given this whole topic a lot of thought over the couple of months....

@Gone Airbourne Does the commonly-accepted practice of trait-forcing or pre-selecting your tulpa's appearance count as "binding", at least a little? I know that tulpas can deviate away from the preset stuff, but I heard that they'll generally stick to something similar to it.

@Ayaze Without any further context, I'm jumping to some pretty unsettling conclusions as to what "has to be done".

Wait, what do ya mean "not kid friendly?"

I hope it's not what I think that means.

It is. Sorry. I didn't create any of my tulpae intentionally, so I didn't give Pinkie a nymphomaniac personality. She just got it, probably because of the many clop fics I read. 

@Gone Airbourne Does the commonly-accepted practice of trait-forcing or pre-selecting your tulpa's appearance count as "binding", at least a little? I know that tulpas can deviate away from the preset stuff, but I heard that they'll generally stick to something similar to it.

@Ayaze Without any further context, I'm jumping to some pretty unsettling conclusions as to what "has to be done".

{Actually, i already existed but nao hes gonna make me RD and also have the mane 6}

It is. Sorry. I didn't create any of my tulpae intentionally, so I didn't give Pinkie a nymphomaniac personality. She just got it, probably because of the many clop fics I read. 

Wait... That means... oh, God... I'm gonna be sick.

Luckily, the person she was cheering up knew it was her and enjoyed it

Oh, shit.

Way too tired to do a progress report for now. I may do one tomorrow.

(More than three weeks later)

And that's why you never, ever trust me about anything even slightly time related.

So... I thought I might as well let Zephyr talk about what we've been doing.

"Good idea. So...

We've moved on to visual imposition and it's been going rather well, Engi tends to forget to impose me sometimes..."

Err...

"...but most of the time he can keep track of where I am.

We've also started possession a few days ago, and that's not as easy as I thought it would be. We've only tried moving one finger, and I could do it veeeery slowly. Practice makes everything perfect I guess.

Other than that, we still talk to each other a lot. He was quite in a rough time recently and I helped him get back on his feet"

Thanks a lot for that by the way.

"Don't worry".

Also, we've been trying lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis a few more times and there's NO WAY I can ever manage it. It just doesn't work. I either fall asleep normally or get too tired.

"Practice makes everyth..."

Please don't.

"Ok :)"

Oh, and I think she can access my memories better than before. She managed to help me find my glasses this morning. Just saying "On your desk here-ish" was enough to find them. Thanks !

"You're welcome."

So, good luck to everyone else, and happy forcing !

I always wondered why it was called "tulpaforcing". For that matter, what about terms like "wonderland"? I've seen several posts on Bullshit, Inc. where people freak out about our appropriation of a DID term. Also, I'm pretty sure "wonderland" is used in MK-ULTRA conspiracy theories, too.

{Hmmm...*rubs chin* What would conspiracy theorists say about tulpas? We're reptilian shape-shifters, maybe?}

Can palm readers, numerologists, etc. detect tulpas? I don't mean like "seeing/hearing/perceiving your tulpa". I know that a lot of that stuff involves confirmation bias and vagueness that could apply to anyone. I'm thinking that the reader will make a vague claim, I'll apply it to my tulpa(s), and somehow they'll figure things out (possibly because I'd be visibly anxious).

After giving it a lot of thought, I find myself curious enough to look more into the process of tulpa creation, though I haven't decided if I want to actually do it yet.  I guess I'd just like additional info first.

How does one go about the forcing process anyway?  I've read tips, but it seems like most of them just talk about how to do the forcing more effectively, as if they assume you already know how to do it in the first place.  How do you actually get started?

Edited by Time Shield

I'm by no means an expert (I think). You just have to focus on your tulpa. Try to figure out how they would react in such-and-such situation; talk to them about your day, the weather, your favorite color/food/TV show, whatever. You can either focus entirely on them (active forcing) or focus on them while also doing stuff throughout the day (passive forcing).

Is it possible for a tulpa to change energy around the host? I'm asking because Pinkie Pie told me she can make my bath water warm, and it started getting warmer. 

Pinkie is more behaved than she was before. 

It turns out, Rarity has trouble with possessing. She tries, but she's not really good at possessing. 

Applejack is best with physical possessing. (She can control what I do.)

Pinkie is better with mental possessing. (She can control what I think and say.) 

Update on my tulpae: 

Rarity is my protector. She told me that several times. She is who I am often with when I go out for walks. She isn't present when I'm really doing nothing. She's only there when I could be in danger or are in danger. (Walking around town or if there is ever a problem with my house that could put me in danger.) 

Applejack isn't present often. She's only there when I need advice. Sometimes, she will possess me, though. For example, she will possess me when my family eats biscuits and gravy. She loves them, and I don't. She is more of a helper. She will help me out or give me advice. 

Rainbow Dash is only present when I need support. Other than that, she's probably sleeping on a cloud for all I know. 

Pinkie Pie is present most of the time. She likes entertaining me and making me laugh. She is like a friend and a child in one. I have to get her to behave because she isn't the most behaved. (SFW example, she wanted cupcakes for dinner. She even made substitute suggestions when I told her I didn't have all the ingredients. I keep telling her that cupcakes are not for dinner. Sometimes she has a child misbehaving problem, and sometimes she has an adult misbehaving problem. She likes to make me happy, though. 

I think Pinkie making the bath warmer was just her tricking your senses. What do you mean by "she can control what I think"? Is there some context that I'm missing which renders that something other than paranoia fuel?

You know how you think things often? I mean things going through your mind. I'm not talking about life decisions or things. She can possess me and think things like, "That's pretty!" Nothing mind altering. It's more so speaking to oneself silently. 

Oh. That happens to me sometimes when Rainbow Dash possesses me. Speaking of possession, my other tulpa told me that I didn't have any cavities, and that he knew what he was talking about because he'd been "in" my teeth when we'd done full-body possession.

Well, Ariel's recently mentioned feeling my heartbeat when she possesses me, so hm. I guess when a tulpa possesses you, they can be very aware of your body, and things that you may not notice.

Anyway, I've been trying to visit the wonderland more often. Now Ariel has set up a computer there as a 'fresh' new means of being able to access my memories. And when she's scrolling through, it looks like a Tumblr dash.

A Tumblr. Dashboard. Ariel, why.

[Well, hey, you seem to love it so much. :P]

• Brohoof 2