Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would Rarity think of Soviet architecture?

eddeams

Oofta, that I not pretty. Interesting for sure but yikes.

She might be open to it since she's ok with styles other than her own, especially when someone's put some passion into it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but most soviet architecture from my understanding is blocky and almost strictly practical.

Brutalism is as valid of an art as any other style of architecture, and gets a bad rap because of the circumstances in which it arose, I think. It's practical, imposing, and if done right can actually be quite aesthetically pleasing! Rarity is pretty open-minded when it comes to art and design. I think she'd appreciate the very specific vibe it gives off and might even take inspiration from it, seeing as it's very unlike anything that exists in Equestria that we've seen.

(I think. I just got back in the fandom, ain't caught up since S3 so... shrug)

This wasn't included in the small gallery I linked to, but I really liked it so here it be:

bru.jpg

Edited by Lagtim3

On behalf of Rarity for the first picture.

"Its most certainly interesting darling, but it is not my style by any means. Though it does have a some appeal to the eye aestheticly. It will defiently attract some attention to itself from the public as maybe some tourist attraction of a sort. Eight out of Ten"

And for the second picture.

"For me darling, that one is a little bland. A little more of any eye sore but, I do like the concept of the dome and half arches. If the building was purely for function then it should say in the industrial side of town. Or maybe if it where a reasearch station, on a small hill with the rest of the buildings alike. Overall bland, boring. I would say to add some uniqueness to it to improve it and I will say its an improvement. Three out of Ten"

That is what i imagine what Rarity would critique about them and giving some advice on what she thinks would add to them.

2 hours ago, SharpWit said:

but most soviet architecture from my understanding is blocky and almost strictly practical.

Like this? :P 

I think Rarity would like some brutalist architecture that's done well, but these buildings from "The Irony of Fate" would just depress her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wonder what would be her reaction to this building in Georgia?

Image result for soviet architecture

And I don't mean the US state, I mean the COUNTRY named Georgia. (Which was once part of the USSR)

Edited by eddeams

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...