New Animated Series Promo? G5?

CinnamonSwirl

I can't stand the toys. They're even less like ponies now than G4, and now look like some kind of strange cat things.

As for the animation? I'll hold off my opinion until that is actually out.

Well that explains the bad mouth modelling on the 'magic potion' toys I've been seeing. I would count this as G4.5 rather than G5. Much like G3.5, the art-style and toys have changed, but the characters seem to be unchanged. Twilight is still an Alicorn in this version, so the assumption seems to be that the G4 FiM series is still canon to whatever this is.

Well after seeing the video, I think it's very kawaii. 

1ey23i.jpg.d5a45757701ed19ea87ae5ad9967c4b9.jpg

What? I can't denied this cuteness.

Especially this

pinkie.png.6d5199575f547d7aa4ff4c64aa999007.png

It almost give me a "gir" vibe

9 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

Twilight is still an Alicorn in this version, so the assumption seems to be that the G4 FiM series is still canon to whatever this is.

Interesting thought. I already thought it was going to be a short series or a series of shorts to promote the toys, but that does make me believe even more so that that is the case even with the article Bas posted earlier in this thread. 

The toys still look awful. The animation though I can give or take. My expectations are already at an all time low, surely this can’t be any worse than S6 or S9

Spoiler

if Josh Haber isn’t involved, I’ll be more willing to give it a chance 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, CinnamonSwirl said:

No no no no no and no20191113_133944.jpg

20191113_133933.jpg

And now the toys make sense!

And also

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, CinnamonSwirl said:

No no no no no and no20191113_133944.jpg

20191113_133933.jpg

Oh my god... it looks ridiculous... I hope the writing is at least decent... Its still better then the CGI side show with pinkie, if the writing is good I will watch it.

• Brohoof 1

I’m not a fan of the new design, and don’t find anything in the trailer appealing. It feels like a bone they are throwing to keep the audience busy until they are ready to present G5. I’ll probably try watching it anyway, but my expectations are very low.

• Brohoof 1

It does really look that interesting to me, but maybe it will exceed my expectations. I might watch it sometime or another once it is released, but right now I'm not hyped about it. Actually, at first I thought it was just another toy advertisement.

I think this trailer shouldn't have included the pony toys, as that, in my opinion, ruined the hype. I think it should have been more about the animated series they are going to release.

Edited by EpicEnergy

3 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Title.jpg.a430ed613ececf6ecea619ade01d60c3.jpg

Someone, please help spike.

Ponyville_RD_TS_PP.jpg

PP_RD_SSC.jpg

SCC_Interior.jpg

Overall, those pictures alone look better than the trailer I watched and say more about the series. Still though, I have doubts about this being a good series.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, AveryGamerDude said:

Aw... don't be so pessimistic... :sunny:

Hasbro has made it clear what they want.

I was this depressed when the MLP The Movie came out. I will survive! :awwthanks:

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

Hasbro has made it clear what they want.

I was this depressed when the MLP The Movie came out. I will survive! :awwthanks:

Are you saying that you liked or didn't like the 2017 MLP movie? (I won't criticize you either way, I'm just wondering. :sealed:)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, AveryGamerDude said:

Are you saying that you liked or didn't like the 2017 MLP movie? (I won't criticize you either way, I'm just wondering. :sealed:)

I really didn't like the art style of the ponies, and found it insulting to Lauren Faust by doing such a change to a working design.

This art style however, looks a lot like the .MOV series, which could be a good thing, but then look at those backgrounds. I feel G3/G3.5 all over again! :sealed:

I haven't really been impressed with a whole lot of what came out from Friendship is Magic in the last three seasons, so I'm not sure I want to stick around for a show I barely enjoy out of pure brand loyalty. This promo doesn't really say anything about the new show but I don't like the art style; I felt similarly about the movie and that basically confirmed my worst fears.

At the same time, I think these characters are strong enough to carry any number of shows, I've wanted to see them in a purely comedic series for a while, and that press release isn't giving me a sense of what this show's jokes will be like. So who knows. 

7 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

Overall, those pictures alone look better than the trailer I watched and say more about the series. Still though, I have doubts about this being a good series.

Indeed, the promo just showed the toys in a creepy way with barely content from the show, but what it wa said about the series is not promising, at least not to me, I guess its just a silly little thing they put there to have a reason for more merchandise. I am confident that G5 will look much better compared to it.

• Brohoof 1