Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Animated Series Promo? G5?

CinnamonSwirl

2 hours ago, CinnamonSwirl said:

I saw this on fb on my little pony page....this g5?! I hope not.

75442982_3180647038619378_781338294414737408_o.png.jpg

Most likely it's for some special episode or shorts; I don't think it'll actually be Gen 5 .

• Brohoof 1

Full colored pic.

123%2B412341234.PNG

As for the people saying this probably isn't G5, keep in mind that the movie and show will just be made to promote whatever toy like they represent, and this may very well be that line. Hope I'm wrong.

7 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

Full colored pic.

123%2B412341234.PNG

As for the people saying this probably isn't G5, keep in mind that the movie and show will just be made to promote whatever toy like they represent, and this may very well be that line. Hope I'm wrong.

Dear lord. Is G5 going to be the Teen Titans Go of MLP?

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Xeltor said:

Most likely it's for some special episode or shorts; I don't think it'll actually be Gen 5 .

I hope not. It seems like all the cartoons nowadays are drawn really fast or real "cartoony" and they suck...like teen titans GO.

5 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I said the same thing! I hope it isnt true. Seems like all the good cartoons were made some time ago and nowadays they're just thrown together with this type of crappy animation. 

7 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

The artstyle of TT Go was not necessarily a bad thing. It was the fact they turned the characters into selfish horrible role models while promoting bad morals that made the show despised!

2 hours ago, CinnamonSwirl said:

I hope not. It seems like all the cartoons nowadays are drawn really fast or real "cartoony" and they suck...like teen titans GO.

Gravity Falls was drawn in a similar artstyle and it was loved by the fans because they kept the show and characters interesting.

Real fast drawn simple artstyle does not automatically mean they suck.

I think it's better we wait for more info before we start screaming the fanchise is ruined forever.

• Brohoof 2

I mean, if you look at the toys they are trying to promote / make now, they look pretty similar.

Large heads, kinda expressive looking, etc

So its probably just an advertisement for that. But yeah, if G5 is gonna be modern-day style animation (aka very wonky and cartoony looking, similar to Gravity Falls), I'm gonna be kinda annoyed.

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I think it's better we wait for more info before we start screaming the fanchise is ruined forever.

Agreed. Remember when the fandom went bonkers when they revealed pastel humans :mlp_icwudt:?

• Brohoof 1

This was posted on the FB and YouTube page for MLP with the caption,

"We just revealed the next exciting chapter for the MY LITTLE PONY franchise: MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE, an all-new animated series launching next year alongside a new product line inspired by the series! We’re feeling good"

So it is a series and there are going to be toys for it. Is this G5 or just a short series to promote these toys? Will G5 actually appear alongside the G5 movie in 2021?

Thoughts?

Personally, while I'm not a big fan of the animation style (0:45, 0:50, 0:54) I'm still open to whatever it is. 

I mean someone did bring up that showing new ponies would be better, and I kind of agree, but also don't care. 

All I want is for it to be good. There really are no restrictions (as long as it's not too childish, too mature, or too crazy like they fight aliens in space).

Make Pinkie Pie a unicorn for all I care and change her name to Sprinkle Pie. If she's interesting then that's all that matters.

4 minutes ago, Bas said:

A bit skeptical about that, especially THAT being g5. I don't believe that yet.

I could find this:

Keep in mind though, even the "MLP mini series" on youtube can be considered an "animated series", so I'd rather keep my expectations and hopes low and get positively surprised afterwards.

TBH I might have read and at least believe myself G5 might be likely start right with the new movie, maybe instead of a premiere two-parter.

Those were my thoughts as well, but after you posted that article, it got me thinking differently. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

The artstyle of TT Go was not necessarily a bad thing. It was the fact they turned the characters into selfish horrible role models while promoting bad morals that made the show despised!

Gravity Falls was drawn in a similar artstyle and it was loved by the fans because they kept the show and characters interesting.

Real fast drawn simple artstyle does not automatically mean they suck.

To me it sucks. I dont like the lack of details or waving arms around stupidly like spongebob. I never liked gravity falls because of how they were drawn.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, CinnamonSwirl said:

New show? Like thet CGI pinkie pie? I just hope it's not g5

We don't know the extent of this but its probably bigger then that CGI pinkie thing, it might be a full season(or more) or maybe some silly 3 minute shorts.

Okay, so I don't want to judge something before I've even seen it, and considering so much of this trailer was just the toys set to a song, I can't judge much. That said, I really don't like the art style so far, it looks too much like every other "Wacky and zany!" kids cartoon ever from the last decade and it's just...not at all what I want to see from an MLP show. Maybe the show will be good otherwise, good writing can make up for a lot, but that kind of style immediately puts me off.

Seeing the Mane Six sing "Good as Hell" though...never thought I'd see that.:sealed:

• Brohoof 3

First we have Equestria Girls and now Pony Life. The Hasbro universe is full of spin-offs.

Wouldn't it be nice if there's a crossover special between the three shows?

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2