Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Animated Series Promo? G5?

CinnamonSwirl

I actually kinda like the art style.  Sure it is a pretty drastic change from FiM, but I don't mind it too much.  I find it to be cute, and nicely expressive.  Which given that this is supposed to be a more slice of life and comedic series, seems pretty fitting.  I'll probably give it a chance to see what it has to offer.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

I quoted the same thing line and I felt it aligned more with what I was saying. 

Also we don't know G5 airs in 2021. We know that the movie does however. We don't know that the movie is this new series or if it's G5. 

Spoiler

The leaks from 2017(?) mentioned G5 to start with a movie, although it mentioned a 2020 release(and did not mention this new show at all if I am not mistaken), still most likely it was just postponed, but who knows.

So far we can only speculate, but the way they described this show it just doesn't sound like you can make a full and meaningful series out of it... Only time will tell. 

well, I'm not going to shoot this ponylife down just yet, I admit I'm not a fan of the artstyle/animation, but knowing how I was with steven universe and later dragon prince I'm sure I'll get used to it. I do hope it's well made otherwise though, at least we'll have the same voice actors.

When something is good, it doesn't need to change. Hasbro is yet again cashing in on Twilight Sparkle and her friends. This time they are tiny cat creatures that bob their heads.

Me in 4 years from now: Remember G4, anyone?

Others: Which one?

Me: Lauren Faust one!

Others: MLP The Movie 2017?

Me: Nooooo, before that. The good one? Bronies? Hellllloooo??

Edited by Splashee
2017. sorry
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

When something is good, it doesn't need to change. Hasbro is yet again cashing in on Twilight Sparkle and her friends. This time they are tiny cat creatures that bob their heads.

Others: MLP The Movie 2014?

No, the main show will definitely be the memorable one. Unless we're wrong about G5's premiere, this is just temp filler. Of unproven (lack of) qualitty, to boot.

Others: MLP The Movie 2014?

2014?? What???

3 hours ago, Rushing cash said:
  Hide contents

The leaks from 2017(?) mentioned G5 to start with a movie, although it mentioned a 2020 release(and did not mention this new show at all if I am not mistaken), still most likely it was just postponed, but who knows.

So far we can only speculate, but the way they described this show it just doesn't sound like you can make a full and meaningful series out of it... Only time will tell. 

Yea that's old news so I kinda disregarded it for new info. releases, but I guess you have a point. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, many will argue that G4 was no longer good or at least declining in quality (which is what thought, but I still thought it was good). 

Regardless, if you thought there was still room for certain stories to be told, whether or not the writing staff wanted to write those stories or could even write them well is up in the air. 

I personally feel that mlp could've done one more season to make it a full 10 before it should stop.

"Stop while it's great, or continue long enough to become bad." 

• Brohoof 1

I've seen a lot of comparisons to TTG, but I'm hopeful it can nail a more inspired note of insanity a la Amazing World of Gumball. 

Designs were a shock at the beginning but I think I could get used to them. Dash probably came out the best in that promo teaser.

And everyone is already worried. Why? 

https://www.animationmagazine.net/licensing/my-little-pony-finds-fresh-pasture-with-pony-life-series-new-toy-lines/ 

Because what's on everyone's mind upon looking at the art style and reading the show synopsis is Teen Titans Go! :maud: I personally don't feel strongly about TTG one way or the other anymore, but I'm with the popular opinion right now that this looks very iffy at the moment. The center of the world is going to be Sugarcube Corner...when was Sugarcube Corner so important in the original series? :mlp_wat:

This is almost certainly G4.5. There doesn't appear to be any change in setting or characters, and given the 2021 movie that will presumably start off G5, this seems like something to tide us over until the next generation begins.

I think this is a VERY appropriate reaction.

Image result for no god no gif"

This is SO bad on SO many levels. Not only is it a straight-up downgrade animmation and story-wise, an obvious cash grab, and a TERRIBLE idea even on PAPER, it's disrespectful to THE FIM SERIES! Just let it die in peace, Hasbro, we'll all be better for it, especially than turning it into the MLP equivalent of one of the worst cartoons ever to air. I will NOT watch this. No f***ing way. Way to kill interest in your own property for the sake of moulah Hasbro. This makes me SICK.

Now to stop buying any MLP related merchandise in a futile hope to convince them this is a bad idea. Somebody needs to make a petition telling Hasbro to STOP this. I'm not kidding when I say that they're about to take a MASSIVE dump on their own reputation, and their greatest property. But NONE of this will work, because the target audience will eat this up... :dry: They choose the path of greed, I choose the path of contempt.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 1