DivineMist1000

Twilight VS Starlight VS Sunset  

20 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight, Starlight or Sunset?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • All Three

Well, its complex. Twi has reached her full "princess" size, although obviously is a queen now. Starlight makes me feel protective for some reason, despite the fact she is stupidly overpowered and could probably wipe the floor with me, and Sunset, while obviously pony, spends so much time as an equestrian girl I think of her that way rather than as a pony....

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

To be fair, I am told that's how horse herds work - a dozen or so mares, one stallion or so...

Gotta pitch that idea to Hasbro for G5!

What is better than friendship and is magic anyways? :orly:

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Gotta pitch that idea to Hasbro for G5!

What is better than friendship and is magic anyways? :orly:

I am guessing if that rule held, the entirety of Ponyville's mares would join Big Mac's herd :)

• Brohoof 1

I really like Sunset, a character with one of the best designs, who is nice, has many characteristics of being a leader, clearly demonstrates a process of self-improvement and learning, in fact I would have liked that the original story had been Sunset instead of twilight. Twilight, on the other hand, is unpleasant and annoying, her design is perhaps one of the least attractive and her story is quite weak, her personality is very inconsistent she always goes crazy for small details and she is a bad friend.

Now, I'm about to decide between Starlight and Sunset. Starlight has, according to me, also one of the best designs, she is the most powerful pony of Equestria, she is nice, she is a great leader, she has a great and powerful friend, she is very funny and interesting, she never fails to impress you with new details about her life before to get to Ponyville.

My final vote is for Starlight, if Sunset had been part of the main plot, her character would have developed more, but I still like Sunset a lot more than Twilight

So. Starlight is 4.5 / 5, Sunset 3.5 / 5 and Twilight 1/5

36 minutes ago, Bas said:

Princess of friendship.

Is a bad friend.

I only had this one job.  :worry:

The princess title in itself, was stupid, Twilight did absolutely nothing to earn that place, it is unfair to her friends, since Twilight did not know anything about friendship and they taught her and out of nowhere she became the leader of their friendship, excuse me, but friendship does not have to be led by anyone. Be the princess of friendship does not make her a good friend, that title invalidates all other existing friendships, Twilight is a bad friend for reasons that you can see in the series, how to manipulate them to steal the pearl of another kingdom, disqualify Pinkie to win a silly contest, force her friends to be teachers in a school they didn't want, etc.

5 hours ago, Jane said:

Twilight, on the other hand, is unpleasant and annoying, her design is perhaps one of the least attractive and her story is quite weak, her personality is very inconsistent she always goes crazy for small details and she is a bad friend.

Huh, I guess different people really do have different tastes. Twilight's design is attractive to me and her personality is OK (even in the first seasons, she changed somewhat in the later seasons, not better or worse, just different). Going crazy for small details I can also understand a bit. In short, I think the only reason I would visit Equestria (if that was actually possible) would probably be to meet Twilight. I think we could talk for days.

(Twilight was also the primary reason I started watching the show in the first place - hey, that character looks cute, I wonder what show she is from, hmm, let's watch a couple of episodes).

While Starlight and Sunset are cool in their own ways, I don't think that either of them would be interested in talking with me as much as Twilight would. Though I guess I could talk with Starlight about the USSR.

That's probably why the show has so many different characters - so that everyone can find at least one pony they like.

1 hour ago, Jane said:

The princess title in itself, was stupid

Well, Hasbro wanted to sell an updated toy :twismile:. In-universe I guess Celestia wanted a replacement, so she found any reason to do this.

Edited by Pentium100

• 10 months later...
On 11/25/2019 at 10:54 AM, DivineNightmare1000 said:

All three of these ponies are equally awesome and amazing to me, so I can't possibly choose, but who would you go with out of these three ponies?

Let's find out!

IMG_1640.thumb.JPG.21e3175fbb1343d635a60b6e5d329c50.JPG

I think think that all three are equally strong judging by their appearance, but since Starlight has a greenish tint at the tip of her alicorn wings, I think she holds just 5% power over Twilight and Sunny.

But on the other hand, 

On 11/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, Photon Jet said:

All of them! Together, they form the ultimate harmony.