• Applejack
    • Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Sci-Twi
    • Adagio Dazzle
    • Sonata Dusk
    • Aria Blaze

There is only one Equestria Girl: Sunset Shimmer.  She's the only one from Equestria.  ;)  Well, of the protagonists, anyway.  You included the Dazzlings, and they're obviously from Equestria.  Anyway, Sunset's always been my favorite.  She just so mature and beautiful and cool.  I love her personality.  If could marry any character in the whole G4 multiverse, it'd be her.

• Brohoof 2

I love Sunset Shimmer and Fluttershy.

But I don't really care for Sci-Twi and Rarity. I find both of them kins if annoying in the movie if I'm being completely honest...

(Especially in Legend of Everfree).

Edited by Frosted Heart

My favorite Equestria Girl is Sci-Twi because she's smart & adorkable.

My least favorite Equestria Girl is Pinkie Pie because I find the EQG version of her to be more annoying than funny. 

Rarity only talks about fashion, like non stop. She is as 1 dimensional as one can get. So I choose to up her somewhere in the middle.

Sunset Shimmer is my favorite. She has a nice midriff, I mean she has a great character that grows on you every time you watch a new movie/special. She never stops getting more interesting as time goes by.

My least favorite is probably Starlight Glimmer. Pretty much because she didn't even look like her pony self. Rules are simple: Rainbow Dash's straight eyelashes on both pony and Equestria Girls self! Starlight Glimmer got some kind of Rarity look with curled eyelashes for her Equestria Girls look.... That was wrong! I don't like when rules are disregarded.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Appledash4ever0 said:

Be honest to your opinion and why are they your favorite or least?

Moved your topic to the Equestria Girls forum 

I mean, as the Equestrian Girls are just human counterparts to the Mane 6, it would stand to reason that I have pretty much an identical opinion on this group as I do with their pony alternatives, with Rarity being my favourite (and objectively the best character), and Applejack probably being my least favourite.

With that said, I really like Sunset Shimmer as an addition to the main cast, and have her as a close second place in my rankings. She's honestly the primary feature that differentiated Equestria Girls from the core series and made it worth watching for me.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Rarity the Snowperior said:

I mean, as the Equestrian Girls are just human counterparts to the Mane 6, it would stand to reason that I have pretty much an identical opinion on this group as I do with their pony alternatives, with Rarity being my favourite (and objectively the best character), and Applejack probably being my least favourite.

With that said, I really like Sunset Shimmer as an addition to the main cast, and have her as a close second place in my rankings. She's honestly the primary feature that differentiated Equestria Girls from the core series and made it worth watching for me.

I really don't think the first bit is entirely true. I don't think the Girls are identical, they have more or less the same personality transplanted into a more grounded world which changes other aspects of their characterization, which I think makes them overall very distinct characters from their originals. Sci-Twi for example, is a completely different character than Twilight and is also really adorable and funny, which makes her my favorite. Whereas Fluttershy, though she has a lot of stuff going for her (interest in photography and heavy metal music, apparently likes video games, especially violent ones and is surprisingly competitive) they never really focus on her so her unique attributes aren't really given much screentime, which makes her my least favorite.

I love the Dazzlings. They have great songs, designs and villains. With a bit more development, they'd be even greater than what they are. Find the Magic made me feel kind of sorry for them, actually, even though they'd probably still be eating emotions back in Equestria lol

On the other side of the spectrum, I hate hate hate Juniper Montage. She is truly worst MLP character. Bratty little girl who ruined an experienced actress' role... because she wanted the role herself. Then she got even brattier when she got told off and started to harm others. Honestly words can't express how much I despise her, even though she's probably forgettable to some. Also, I don't hate this girl by any means, but... I kind of dislike Sunset Shimmer? :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is my favourite across both shows, especially when Twilight in Equestria Girls acts like Twilight ought to. My favourite Sci-Twi moments are actually a lot like what I wish pony Twilight acted like more often... y'know, I complain about both Twilights a lot, but on a fundamental level I just enjoy their archetype and personality the most. 

I actually like most of these characters a lot, like in Friendship is Magic, which makes picking a least favourie hard for me. Of the main characters, I guess my least favourite is Sunset Shimmer, whose personality seems a lot shakier than the others. But she has her moments and she ended the show on a high note. 

I'm hesitant to even count Starlight, who appeared exactly once and is just the pony character in human form, or the Dazzlings, who were villains in one movie and then had a minor cameo appearance.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:52 PM, Amelia said:

I really don't think the first bit is entirely true. I don't think the Girls are identical, they have more or less the same personality transplanted into a more grounded world which changes other aspects of their characterization, which I think makes them overall very distinct characters from their originals. Sci-Twi for example, is a completely different character than Twilight and is also really adorable and funny, which makes her my favorite. Whereas Fluttershy, though she has a lot of stuff going for her (interest in photography and heavy metal music, apparently likes video games, especially violent ones and is surprisingly competitive) they never really focus on her so her unique attributes aren't really given much screentime, which makes her my least favorite.

I agree that Sci-twi is fairly different from her Equestrian counterpart, but that's primarily because her role as the group's leader has already been taken by Sunset Shimmer, and Princess Twilight before her. As for the others, they are allowed to have interests in areas not seen in the main series as a result of their more contemporary settings, but the personalities of most of them remain fairly identical. Fluttershy having an affinity for heavy metal ad video games, while an interesting distinction from the pony character, is more of an obscure factoid than an actual personality trait, for example. I understand what you're getting at, but I personally see this comment as more of a commentary on the world of EG, rather than its characters.

Edited by Rarity the Snowperior

On 12/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, Odyssey said:

On the other side of the spectrum, I hate hate hate Juniper Montage. She is truly worst MLP character. Bratty little girl who ruined an experienced actress' role... because she wanted the role herself. Then she got even brattier when she got told off and started to harm others. Honestly words can't express how much I despise her, even though she's probably forgettable to some.

Yeeeeeeep, typical spoiled brat character.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sci Twi is my fav because she is so cute and smart. Also very brave for overcoming Gloriosa Daisy. My least fav is Sunset Shimmer. She was SO mean to Sci Twi and all she ever cares about is the magic.