mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I picked mine a looong time ago when I firstly joined an MMORPG (one of these crappy ,,free" ones where you get pwned by everyone if you don't spend a load of IRL money) and when I wanted to make it sound English and a bit like Nazghul. I failed at both, but I kept it, because it seems quite original (originally, it was Nouthghule, I use the shortened version here.)

• Brohoof 1

Same name that I use for my steam, for my Facebook page, and for anything involving brony stuff. I saw a jpg of a ponyfied anonymous symbol one day and decided that I was going to do something like that. So I created my own ponified anonymous symbol using photoshop and created a Facebook page (organization) that I use almost every day, I upload my art and memes, and other's art and memes on my Facebook page.

I chose mine a long long time ago when i was 11/12, i tried to come up with a cool name for a game by putting 2 cool sounding words together.

I chose Thy and Flesh and became Thyflesh ever scince. I also sometimes use obscure drug names (found in the online dictionary) like "Zyvax".

(edited)

I had a cool and long story up til yesterday when I changed my username :lol: Well, I can tell that one also I guess.

My previous name was Teddan50 and it all started with my teacher calling me Teddan all the time (real name is Teodor). I don't know where he got it from, but my classmates started to call me that as well. Later I was going to create my first internet account on a site. On Runescape. I had never chosen an username before and suddenly thought of Teddan. I tried it, but it was occupied. But Runescape suggested that I added numbers after my name and showed a couple of examples. I chose the one who was easiest to remember and that was Teddan50. After that I used Teddan50 as my username on all sites I went to.

But as you see I changed it to Juggler. Why you ask? Because I'm a juggler in real life :P And quite frankly, I don't like the nick name "Teddan" that much. I prefer to be called either "Teo" or "Juggler".

Also it was because I wanted people to remember my name more easily. I'm in all this to make some friends :)

Edited by Juggler

I wanted my real name used somewhere and at the same time use the acronym "NEO", but somewhere along the road screwed over and I wrote it backwards.

Now it's OEN, which is a known slur in Netherlands. Not sure what exactly, but something along the lines of "stupid" and "retarded". I have such epic prediction skills.

My name? Its just the name of my OC, but i got it from the song by Queen, "Don't stop me now" where Freddy Mercury says "...200 degrees thats why they call me Mr.Fahrenheit..." and thus, the mis-spelled monster you see before you was born!

(edited)

I have always loved chicken and back then when I used to turn on my PC just to use MSPAINT, I was drawing chicken like crazy. And I named the first picture I was happy with "The good hen". (Because, obviously, it was good, or at least I thought so). But then I deleted it because I thought it was taking up too much space on HDD (lol). Then I have regretted it and I was saaaad. :( So I made another few chicken like this and it begun a logo I use quite often now as test graphics of all kind (kind of like Susanne in blender)

Posted Image

So naturally, when I was joining youtube, I chose this name. Off course, some people think I'm a girl, but I won't change it to "thegoodcock"

Edited by thegoodhen
  • Brohoof 1

My name is actually based on a novel character named notdog. I'm 100% nobody knows this novel because it's not that popular and I doubt it has been translated in English (even if it was translated in Spanish and Chinese). Well, notdog is a dog who's so ugly that he doesn't actually look like a dog, hence why his owner named him that way. The 1996 is just the year in which I was born :P I used this username EVERYWHERE since the first time I got on the internet. Just a few exemples : Deviantart, Youtube, GingaBoards...

When I started creating online profiles on the vast Internet I started with Mayuena (and Minish on some places). I still don't know today where Mayuena come from, might be from the Pokemon Mighthyena but I'm not sure. Well, the A disappear after a while and now it is just Mayuen which I call myself pretty much everywhere.

Isn't it obvious? Fluttershy being my favorite pony and all, things just worked out nicely.

Well I am a furfag, so that is where Mongoose comes from. Most furries choose their fursonas to be foxes, wolves, dragons, or some kind of dog so I thought I would be different. I decided that mongooses were pretty badass so I thought I would use that as a fursona. I mean, how often do you see a furry a with mongoose fursona? Rarely.

The "Sinister" portion is kind of inaccurate since I do not see myself as being sinister at all. I just like the word so I used it in my username. I have been the SinisterMongoose for quite a long time now hehe.

Let's see. I'm old(er) and I'm a sergeant. There you have it.

Actually, when I was in the Regular Army, my sergeant was getting close to retirement and used to joke about opening a business in town and calling it "Ol' Sarge's _____________". Years later, when I was getting onto XBOX live, I remembered this and by this time I was a sergeant who was a little older than most of the other people there....thus, Ol' Sarge was born. It's had various versions depending on what website will allow for user names. But, for the most part, if you see Ol' Sarge, Ol-Sarge, Ol_Sarge, olesarge, etc that's probably me.