Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

As tom mentioned this to me and my friends before that the hardest and trick part of the MeteoNook is finding out the seed (or weather seed).

My island is coming along nicely after i replaced all the fences with the bricks and arches with floating and ? blocks. Anyway speaking of mario items, you can dress up in mario's alternative outfits altough there's a downside to one of them, his doctor outfit. well it requires doctor's mirror, but you can use the mario cap as a substitute and then there's his frog outfit which you can use frog cap and costume followed by the mario mustache and the shoes..

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-05-08 at 9:53 AM, Will Guide said:

I'm sorry but from checking out the app myself, it seems way too complicated for me

It took a great deal of time for me to get it to work for me---and a lot of frustration to get it right.  But once I finally got it working, it was totally worth it.

Here's how it works:  every individual copy of Animal Crossing has a unique "seed number".  The seed number is a programming term; it's a number that gets fed into the random number generator, and the fact that every copy has a different seed number causes the random number generator of each copy to produce different weather and different meteor timings.

Now, this context is important:  there are a number of set weather-patterns that each day can have.  For example, the "CloudFine00" weather pattern will always have light rain at 6am through 7am, then again at 9am through 10am, and no more rain for the rest of the day.  Any day that the random number generator assigns the "CloudFine00" weather pattern will have rain at those times, and it'll never rain at other times during that day.  There's probably a couple dozen weather-patterns that the random number generator can pick from.

Now, if you give the app a few datapoints per day of what your weather is like at a few different times in the same day, then the app can figure out by process of elimination which pattern that day is.

The more days whose patterns the app manages to figure out, the more the app can narrow down what your island's seed number is, until it finally narrows it down to just one possibility.

Once the app knows your seed number, it can totally figure out what your weather is going to be at any given hour, and figure out exactly when you'll get meteors, literally down to the second.  (You'll end up with ludicrous amounts of star fragments if you do this; I speak from experience!)

All that being said, there are some pitfalls in getting your seed number figured out; I'll explain them if you want to give it a try after all---but this post is getting way too long already, so I won't talk about that unless you actually ask :)

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2021-05-08 at 7:14 AM, KirbyFluttershy said:

Anyway speaking of mario items, you can dress up in mario's alternative outfits

How?

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

How?

For dr. mario outfit, there's no doctor's mirror so as i said you'll have to use a mario cap, doctor's coat, mario shoes, and mario mustache to dress as dr. mario. it's pretty much the same way as you dress mario in super mario odyssey. for frog mario, that's easy. all you need is a frog cap, and costume to go along with the mario mustache and shoes. Well I came up with these ideas, but me and my friend got these ideas in the first place.

I kind of wish they would just give us mannequins to display the clothes and outfit sets rather than taking up space in the storage.

• Brohoof 2

@KirbyFluttershy @ExplosionMare @Envy @A French Derpy full of Salt

Sorry about how long this took.  Redd's still here if anyone wants him; I plan to take the Perfect Painting since I suspect I already have the Academic Painting, but I won't turn the Perfect Painting into Blathers right away just in case anyone has more of a need for it than me.

New dodo code is 11759

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

Sorry about how long this took.  Redd's still here if anyone wants him; I plan to take the Perfect Painting since I suspect I already have the Academic Painting, but I won't turn the Perfect Painting into Blathers right away just in case anyone has more of a need for it than me.

New dodo code is 11759

What's your turnip prices?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

New dodo code is 11759

I already have both paintings. the only paintings that eludes me the most was scary, and graceful paintings as they come in fakes / haunted and statues have been eluding me as well.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2021-05-14 at 9:32 PM, Will Guide said:

What's your turnip prices?

This week I got the "declining" turnip price pattern :/  I sold mine of turnip.exchange.

EDIT:

This week, I have a price spike coming tomorrow afternoon.  I don't know if it's a high spike or a low one; I'll keep everyone posted.

EDIT:  It’s a high spike coming up!  I’m not sure how high, but minimum is 204!

@A French Derpy full of Salt @KirbyFluttershy @Envy @Will Guide @ExplosionMare 

EDIT:  The price is 575 bells per turnip---I can't believe it!  Especially after I got 621 two weeks ago!

Dodo code is:  LXBF4

Edited by HereComesTom

On 2021-05-15 at 5:25 AM, HereComesTom said:

This week I got the "declining" turnip price pattern :/  I sold mine of turnip.exchange.

EDIT:

This week, I have a price spike coming tomorrow afternoon.  I don't know if it's a high spike or a low one; I'll keep everyone posted.

EDIT:  It’s a high spike coming up!  I’m not sure how high, but minimum is 204!

@A French Derpy full of Salt @KirbyFluttershy @Envy @Will Guide @ExplosionMare 

EDIT:  The price is 575 bells per turnip---I can't believe it!  Especially after I got 621 two weeks ago!

Dodo code is:  LXBF4

I can't tell when this message was uploaded because there's no date or timestamp on mobile but I think I'm already too late since at 9:00 right now on the west coast.

On the plus side the museum stamp event has has begun again for a week or so and because we now have a new art exhibit there's some new stamps to collect

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Will Guide said:

I can't tell when this message was uploaded because there's no date or timestamp on mobile but I think I'm already too late since at 9:00 right now on the west coast.

On the plus side the museum stamp event has has begun again for a week or so and because we now have a new art exhibit there's some new stamps to collect

Sorry about that; I figured editing my post would push notifications to everyone :/

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

Sorry about that; I figured editing my post would push notifications to everyone :/

Actually there was a notification sent to me when you edit and mentioned my name I just didn't go on this website until it was hours too late. My fault not yours

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Will Guide @ExplosionMare @KirbyFluttershy @Envy @A French Derpy full of Salt

Celeste is on my island!  Last I saw her, she was in the norther hills.  (I just got an Iron Wand recipe from her!)

Dodo code is JXV6V

Meteor timings, in USA Eastern time, are:

7:53pm

9:00pm, 9:29pm, 9:51pm

10:15pm, 10:19pm, 10:32pm

11:07pm, 11:28pm, 11:29pm

12:15pm, 12:33pm, 12:49pm, 12:51pm

1:28pm

2:31pm, 2:43pm

3:04pm, 3:12pm, 3:15pm, 3:28pm, 3:33pm

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah...that should've been AM :/

EDIT:  I'm going to have a turnip price spike of some kind tomorrow afternoon; I don't know if it'll be high or low, but I figure I should give a heads-up to:

@Envy @Will Guide @ExplosionMare @KirbyFluttershy@A French Derpy full of Salt

Heck, if @Harii Moxxiie is still around and playing ACNH, she's welcome, too!

Edited by HereComesTom
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-05-28 at 11:28 AM, HereComesTom said:

Yeah...that should've been AM :/

EDIT:  I'm going to have a turnip price spike of some kind tomorrow afternoon; I don't know if it'll be high or low, but I figure I should give a heads-up to:

@Envy @Will Guide @ExplosionMare @KirbyFluttershy@A French Derpy full of Salt

Heck, if @Harii Moxxiie is still around and playing ACNH, she's welcome, too!

You know the stalk market wizard I've been using thought that I should sell all of them to my Island storw yesterday afternoon because they think it's a roller coaster saying it would be best to sell it while I was about 136 bells even though the price hiked up to 146 this morning and is currently 175 bells until the store closes today. But you know I'm just going to go ahead and wait to sell them on your Island on whatever might be your peak

• Brohoof 2

Rollercoaster prices are normal. usually if you're trying to get a spike, you'll have to get a steady decline first and then you wanna keep an eye on your turnip prices within that week since the spikes may come in at a steady decline. The chances of getting a spike on rollercoaster prices is slim as i know about.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 hours ago, Will Guide said:

You know the stalk market wizard I've been using thought that I should sell all of them to my Island storw yesterday afternoon because they think it's a roller coaster saying it would be best to sell it while I was about 136 bells even though the price hiked up to 146 this morning and is currently 175 bells until the store closes today. But you know I'm just going to go ahead and wait to sell them on your Island on whatever might be your peak

Good move:  it’s 483!

Dodo code is 13DS1

edit: HB0V6; I had a network issue.

Edited by HereComesTom
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

Just had Celeste on my island last night and made many wishes. Also managed to catch a crap ton of sharks and rare river fish. 

you could've gotten the gates opened for us and other ppl that needs meteor showers. Celeste may appear regardless of how light or heavy the meteor showers are and if isabelle announced it.

I got redd visiting yesterday and had 2 real paintings and 1 real statue. i took the wild painting right half and my friend took the ancient statue. the mysterious painting was the only one left.

• Brohoof 2

@HereComesTom Hello. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to tag me for your meteor showers and the like, but I haven't played New Horizons in a long time, so it will no longer be necessary. Thank you for thinking of me, though. =)

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Envy said:

@HereComesTom Hello. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to tag me for your meteor showers and the like, but I haven't played New Horizons in a long time, so it will no longer be necessary. Thank you for thinking of me, though. =)

Thanks for letting me know!

I just found out Saharah is here, with Future Tech flooring and Summit wallpaper 

• Brohoof 1