Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

EVERYONE WHO HAS ACCESS TO HAPPY HOME PARADISE, PLEASE COMMENT IN THIS TOPIC: 

https://mlpforums.com/topic/196151-animal-crossing-happy-home-paradise/

Now it's the new game from Animal Crossing series has arrived. Perhaps some of you people can discuss what your island is like once it's finished. Go ahead don't be shy.

Update 3/21/20: 

New stuff I discovered in the game that could never be done in earlier games (never play Pocket camp so I might be mistaken) is inside this box. I covered them to prevent people from casually being spoiled

Any further new discoveries that I believe are new to New Horizons shall be spoiled covered so that readers who want to discover for themselves

Update 7/30/20

Attention, all NEW HORIZONS players.

the ability to turn your Island into a dream and visit other people's dream island is now available to those who updated to the lastest version today. Once you receive a letter from Luna, hop into any bed.

When you turn your Island into a Dream, you're given a dream address that's different Everytime you upload a new version. 

You can share your dream address here in this topic like you do with Dodo codes.

As a courtesy to people, please use the spoiler button (the eye icon) from the editing tools

Animal Crossing is one of my top favorite series. Each iteration (not counting City Folk as I didn't play it) has given me joy and good memories. Animal Crossing is such a chilled out experience that few games can match, Stardew Valley being one of the few in its own way, but even with that, AC's immensely lovable style can't be beat. 

New Horizons is my most anticipated Switch game by a large margin. I really hope it lives up to New Leaf, because that one was masterful. Hopefully the years of support that it got is a sign of the support NH will get. 

In other words, gimme.

Love it to pieces. I haven't played my copy of New Leaf in a while because the fandom has put me off of it though ^^; I'm excited for New Horizons!

Also Olaf is the greatest villager ever

I briefly played Animal Crossing: Wild World and I've poured a ton of time and effort into New Leaf. Seriously, it scares me when I see the amount of hours that I've played. I'm definitely looking forward to the release of New Horizons and the unhealthy amount of time I plan to spend on it.

I've been a animal crossing player since GCN days. I'm hoping to get Animal crossing new horizons for my bday if it's possible. For now, I've been playing animal crossing pocket camp on my iPhone and of course this game is heavily focused on seasonal events.

My favorite animal crossing characters would be rosie since she's really cute even though she's still cute in the actual animal crossing movie which was in japan. Isabelle from new leaf of course, and Chelsea who represents my melody although she seems cute.

Anyway I thought about using this thread to expand my friend search for animal crossing pocket camp here so if anyone here wants to add me, my ID is 7676-8236-369 so for now i'm looking for active people and willing to help out with the quarry as needed, but during gyrodite scavenger hunt events, I may need help with the quarry immediately if requested. You' guys will find me as "KirbyShy" (as in KirbyFluttershy since the full name doesn't fit)

If you guys haven't noticed, Animal crossing was first introduced in the N64 version which was known as doubutsu no mori, but of course that was for he japan release until we had a US release for the gamecube.

I've only been animal crossing new leaf to get the turnip prices and update those selling prices on my list so that way it's easier for me analyze what I get. The spikes on the price is very rare so it's not guaranteed to get a high selling price on the turnips.

36 minutes ago, A French Derpy full of Salt said:

I always loved animal crossing since the DS. I played so much on the 3DS with perfect town and almost my museum completed.

I will buy the one on the switch immediately, I just hope they will lay off on the DLCs.

I feel your pain there. It's mostly that bugs and fishes appears at certain month and time, but the only bug i'm missing is petaltail which is hard to find and catch and most of the fish I have aren't done and fully collected. The fossils should be easy since you just get one missing fossil off from a friend or someone who's selling it or giving it away cuz some fossils may tend to be rare to find after identifying the fossil.

7 minutes ago, CatCat said:

Never played, but plan to make the new one my first

If you have a smart device like iPhone and/or tablet, you can get animal crossing pocket camp which is free to download. You may wanna get a Nintendo account to go with it so that way your data will be stored into your account whenever you need to play the game again by the time you need to decide on what you want to play the game or not. It's free 2 play if you asked me, but the pocket camp club is subscription only to receive benefits to your needs.

Anyway just to let you guys know that if there's a problem with my pocket camp ID, just lemme know. if you're planning on adding me, please let me know who you are or how I can find you with a outfit you're currently wearing.

Money making in animal crossing wasn't that easy. in GCN, you have to fish up many red snappers, barred knifejaws, and coelacanth (rain and certain time only) to make a lot of money and of course, there's also turnips to sell once you buy every 100 turnips before sunday so you have to check back the turnip prices everyday. in Wild World, it wasn't that easy to make money even though there's no connection for that service anymore and of course, you're living in and sharing the same house with other ppl. City folk, well it's pretty much the same way as wild world's money making, but of course there's the silver shovel that gives you a chance to make a lot of money when hitting the rock with the silver shovel and turnip price(s) change every morning and 12PM (all time zones). New leaf wasn't that bad since the gemstones are pretty much valuable and thanks to bell-boom ordinance, you can make more money than usual and of course the turnip rules apply the same as city folk, but the downside is that you need to find someone with the highest turnip price to sell your turnips and yeah, you can store your turnips inside the storage also those are not the only way to make money, but you can also deposit your money in ABD to get money per month by interest. The way I made money in new leaf was that I bought turnips and started storing them inside the storage and in the house when the storage is full and then started seeking out the highest turnip price before the price change. of course if you can do the time travel method, but using this method will affect your other games so use at your own risk.

I loved Animal Crossing on the GCN. For me it was such a breath of fresh air, a game that focused on creativity and socialization as opposed to fighting. I loved it. I loved it too much, in fact. My first town was put on a 3rd party memory card because it was the only one we could find in a close store back then. A few months into the game the memory card randomly corrupted and 14 year old me could not handle this. I bawled and my parents were all like "It's just a game!" but it was a little bit more than that, as it was something that for a short amount of time brought my sister and I together. When the town corrupted, she created her own town and it was never the same.

Anyway, I've never felt attached to an Animal Crossing game like that ever again, but that's obviously a good thing. lol. I got many hours out of Wild World. I think the couple of years leading up to the release of New Leaf I always played it right before going to bed. City Folk? We don't talk about City Folk. New Leaf I thought was fantastic and certainly the best sequel to the GCN version by a wide margin but I only found myself playing it for a month after release before I moved on.

New Horizons looks great, too. I'm glad that Nintendo waited it out padding the years out with spin-offs, instead of rushing out a sequel to NL on the Wii U that would have probably ended up just as badly as City Folk. Nevertheless, my sharp loss of interest in New Leaf worries me that the same will happen with New Horizons. Either way, it's not a waste of money even if I only play it for a month. I just miss the love I had for the GCN version. I suppose that can never come back.

Yay finally someone made this thread! Even though I rarely play the games anymore I still love all the ones I have (DS, 3DS, & Wii) and am very excited for the Switch release!

I was a fan ever since one of my old friend’s moms gave us the Wii version for free. I used to hate it cause I didn’t know how to play but once I learned I really enjoyed it.

7 hours ago, A French Derpy full of Salt said:

I always loved animal crossing since the DS. I played so much on the 3DS with perfect town and almost my museum completed.

I will buy the one on the switch immediately, I just hope they will lay off on the DLCs.

Yeah, really. I spend like $45 bucks on a game recently cause the DLC was $10. 10! I thought DLC was meant to be free since it’s “downloadable”.

Serena is one of the unpredictable characters in animal crossing. the thing is that it's hard to be honest with her and try to get a golden axe from her regardless of how much you want it.

Just to ask everybody around here in this thread, who's your favorite animal villagers and/or characters? it can be anyone from GCN, wild world, city folk, new leaf, and pocket camp. Another one of my favorite animal villager or character that I forgot to mention was celeste. She seems cute to me.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

who's your favorite animal villagers

Spanish anteater boy is a king among kings

There's also Antonio, Tiffany, Pashmina, Tom, Amelia, Rod, Muffy, Diana.... seriously I can just list all of the villagers I love for as long as I want. Special mention to jock villagers and uchi villagers though, they're adorable

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Serena is one of the unpredictable characters in animal crossing. the thing is that it's hard to be honest with her and try to get a golden axe from her regardless of how much you want it.

Just to ask everybody around here in this thread, who's your favorite animal villagers and/or characters? it can be anyone from GCN, wild world, city folk, new leaf, and pocket camp. Another one of my favorite animal villager or character that I forgot to mention was celeste. She seems cute to me.

My favorite the Timmy and Tommy duo from the 3DS. I also like Peanut as one of the villagers too

23 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

My favorite the Timmy and Tommy duo from the 3DS. I also like Peanut as one of the villagers too

Timmy and tommy duo was first introduced in GCN animal crossing when you get nookingtons and then they run the shop in new leaf in case if you haven't noticed.

Anyway if you guys are new to animal crossing or a returning player, well I know you guys are waiting for new horizons and/or haven't played the game series since whatever animal crossing game you started, I could recommend animal crossing pocket camp to you guys which is for smart phones and tablets (via iOS & android). The thing is that if you're new to the game, your friendship level will cap at 5 or 7 or whatever is the lowest and then you'll have to increase the friendship level cap by crafting amenities and any event amenities you craft will not increase the friendship level cap, but they will give you friendship exp regardless of the villager's type which it has generic tag on them. As you craft amenities, you need enough materials to craft them and the wait time is like about 12hrs or more (and possibly less if you're subscribing to pocket camp club) and of course some of your favorite villagers or characters will not be in the game, but any special characters requires their perspective furnitures to be crafted with materials or leaf tickets or obtained from a log-in reward. As you level higher, some of the villagers will be available to you, but to invite them your campsite or cabin, their friendship level has to be at least level 5-7. Some villagers require their maps to be cleared which it doesn't require any friendship level, but the map to be cleared and to obtain the maps, you'll have to use gulliver's ship to load up the cargo with some items by recommended items or some materials and other items that you don't want. you can send the ships to 2-3 islands at a time, but there's a wait time so you'll have to wait for the ship to come back with the rewards at that designated time.

11 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Timmy and tommy duo was first introduced in GCN animal crossing when you get nookingtons and then they run the shop in new leaf in case if you haven't noticed.

Anyway if you guys are new to animal crossing or a returning player, well I know you guys are waiting for new horizons and/or haven't played the game series since whatever animal crossing game you started, I could recommend animal crossing pocket camp to you guys which is for smart phones and tablets (via iOS & android). The thing is that if you're new to the game, your friendship level will cap at 5 or 7 or whatever is the lowest and then you'll have to increase the friendship level cap by crafting amenities and any event amenities you craft will not increase the friendship level cap, but they will give you friendship exp regardless of the villager's type which it has generic tag on them. As you craft amenities, you need enough materials to craft them and the wait time is like about 12hrs or more (and possibly less if you're subscribing to pocket camp club) and of course some of your favorite villagers or characters will not be in the game, but any special characters requires their perspective furnitures to be crafted with materials or leaf tickets or obtained from a log-in reward. As you level higher, some of the villagers will be available to you, but to invite them your campsite or cabin, their friendship level has to be at least level 5-7. Some villagers require their maps to be cleared which it doesn't require any friendship level, but the map to be cleared and to obtain the maps, you'll have to use gulliver's ship to load up the cargo with some items by recommended items or some materials and other items that you don't want. you can send the ships to 2-3 islands at a time, but there's a wait time so you'll have to wait for the ship to come back with the rewards at that designated time.

How much space does pocket camp take up? I already have a huge MLP game and an AR game on my phone so hopefully that game isn’t big file (if it is I guess it could go on my iPad).

Also, I only know a tiny bit about the GC version cause I sadly don’t own them myself 😔 Sorry if I make any mistakes about that version

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

How much space does pocket camp take up? I already have a huge MLP game and an AR game on my phone so hopefully that game isn’t big file (if it is I guess it could go on my iPad).

Also, I only know a tiny bit about the GC version cause I sadly don’t own them myself 😔 Sorry if I make any mistakes about that version

Currently Pocket camp takes up to 844.4 MBs due to updates and patches so it'll take a long time to patch up the game by the time you start the game or to anyone here that are new to pocket camp.

Well here's the thing about Animal crossing pocket camp. if you have a Nintendo account, your save data will be stored in that account however if you're playing on different devices such as android devices, the leaf tickets you have will not be carried over so you have to spend all of your leaf tickets before you switch devices. You don't have to worry about starting over as long as you're playing the game on iOS devices. Right now, i'm looking for active people to add in animal crossing pocket camp in terms of helping out with the quarry and events so those are my preferences. I can't have inactive people that are not willing to help me out with the quarry and events and I tend to delete them off from my friend list if they're inactive for 1 month and a day or more.

Another thing about pocket camp is that your campsite has limited space so apparently change what you can and see fit, but as you get a special request from your villager which is at friendship level 10 and 15, you can craft what your villager wants and place it in your campsite however these requests are optional although if you're doing a HHA class, it's highly recommended for these furnitures to be crafted for better score. The in-game tune can't be changed unlike other animal crossing games so apparently you're stuck with it. if you place the furniture that the villager requested in the cabin, it will not count as completed. both the villager and the furniture have to be in campsite only

I've played GCN animal crossing at the longest time. I've only finished most of the catalogs except the furnitures since it has been tough to get them all including the winter season and campsite furnitures. The only thing I had fun playing the most in GCN animal crossing was playing the NES games. I never played those actual games before (except pinball, excitebike, and DK. jr math)

The other games I've played in animal crossing series was in new leaf which it contained 3DS and wii-u when welcome amiibo update came in so those 2 following games were Animal Crossing Puzzle League which is similar to Tetris attack / Panel de pon for SNES, but of course, you can use animal crossing character amiibos to have different and/or supporting effects, but what I do recommend is having celeste amiibo if you're doing endless run which It allows you to increase your score. As you play animal crossing puzzle league, you'll get rewards based on the game modes you play and your high score even you will get lip's outfit as well which is known as flower fairy set (even though you can make yourself look like lip). The other was desert island escape although it's not that bad, but you have to think strategically with your moves and find all the raft parts however using the villagers you have will cost play coins and amiibos will not cost you play coins although you will use those characters. To get the 3DS and wii-u furnitures in new leaf, you have to buy fortune cookies and hope for one of them.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Currently Pocket camp takes up to 844.4 MBs due to updates and patches so it'll take a long time to patch up the game by the time you start the game or to anyone here that are new to pocket camp.

Well here's the thing about Animal crossing pocket camp. if you have a Nintendo account, your save data will be stored in that account however if you're playing on different devices such as android devices, the leaf tickets you have will not be carried over so you have to spend all of your leaf tickets before you switch devices. You don't have to worry about starting over as long as you're playing the game on iOS devices. Right now, i'm looking for active people to add in animal crossing pocket camp in terms of helping out with the quarry and events so those are my preferences. I can't have inactive people that are not willing to help me out with the quarry and events and I tend to delete them off from my friend list if they're inactive for 1 month and a day or more.

Another thing about pocket camp is that your campsite has limited space so apparently change what you can and see fit, but as you get a special request from your villager which is at friendship level 10 and 15, you can craft what your villager wants and place it in your campsite however these requests are optional although if you're doing a HHA class, it's highly recommended for these furnitures to be crafted for better score. The in-game tune can't be changed unlike other animal crossing games so apparently you're stuck with it. if you place the furniture that the villager requested in the cabin, it will not count as completed. both the villager and the furniture have to be in campsite only

I've played GCN animal crossing at the longest time. I've only finished most of the catalogs except the furnitures since it has been tough to get them all including the winter season and campsite furnitures. The only thing I had fun playing the most in GCN animal crossing was playing the NES games. I never played those actual games before (except pinball, excitebike, and DK. jr math)

The other games I've played in animal crossing series was in new leaf which it contained 3DS and wii-u when welcome amiibo update came in so those 2 following games were Animal Crossing Puzzle League which is similar to Tetris attack / Panel de pon for SNES, but of course, you can use animal crossing character amiibos to have different and/or supporting effects, but what I do recommend is having celeste amiibo if you're doing endless run which It allows you to increase your score. As you play animal crossing puzzle league, you'll get rewards based on the game modes you play and your high score even you will get lip's outfit as well which is known as flower fairy set (even though you can make yourself look like lip). The other was desert island escape although it's not that bad, but you have to think strategically with your moves and find all the raft parts however using the villagers you have will cost play coins and amiibos will not cost you play coins although you will use those characters. To get the 3DS and wii-u furnitures in new leaf, you have to buy fortune cookies and hope for one of them.

I’ll consider getting the app once I take a better look at it

• Brohoof 1

I can't wait for New Horizons to come out!!!  I'm already trying to plan my island in my head, I wanted to make a little cul-de-sac on one portion and leave everything else open for stores and possibly an orchard!!!  I'm also trying to think of how I want my villager to look,  his name is Sage and he's been my villager oc since wild world.  

• Brohoof 2