Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discovering Your Author

Comet Tail

Let's say the universe, is actually a work of fiction written by an author.

Number two, the characters have minds of their own.

How would we, the characters, discover the author in a perfectly well-written book? (i.e, no plot holes, impossibilities, etc.)

This should be fun :P

The moment this Author gave us self-awareness was the moment we would start to question everything.

It's like this world we live in. Some people started to ask what caused this and what makes that. Some came up with better answer than others. It might not the be correct answers at the first, but the characters are bound to find out

• Brohoof 1

The moment this Author gave us self-awareness was the moment we would start to question everything.

It's like this world we live in. Some people started to ask what caused this and what makes that. Some came up with better answer than others. It might not the be correct answers at the first, but the characters are bound to find out

The question is how?

And for the fun of it let's assume it's this world.

I have written a short story before about a young gentleman who meets up with whom he believes is an old friend, but as she scribbles into a notebook the world around them changes.

In the end the character becomes self aware that something is wrong and confronts the woman and reads her notebook only to read the words narrating him stealing the notebook and realizing that he just met his author.

Then the author just simply scraps the world the character lives in and the character along with it, destroying everything. And starting anew on a blank page.

It was probably one of the coolest short stories I have ever wrote!

---

But see that is assuming the author has manifested his/herself into a physical being among our plane of existence. That is rather unlikely since in most stories the author is not there in character.

To meet our author, he'd simply have to write us meeting him. There is nothing we can do since he writes our actions so we cannot meet him unless he writes it.

UNLESS we are self aware and have some control in what we do. Then we simply DESTROY THE WORLD! Seriously, that'd be what it would take then. If we were to destroy the world we'd be destroying his story and he wouldn't want that. He's have to personally interfere to make sure all of his hard work isn't ruined.

The question is how?

And for the fun of it let's assume it's this world.

It's like this world, but this perfect Author could also put in some dragons or magic or another things that seemed to be normal to the characters. So it's kinda hard to see our history would happen in this fiction world.

Well, for starter all of the characters have minds of their own. Assuming these characters are written with enough cleverness and allowed to made their own decisions, surely soon enough one of them will start to ask, "what the buck we are here? In what purpose we are created? Who did?"

But if the Author simply refused to gave them the liberty to question his existence as an Author in their fiction world, nothing will happen I guess

It was probably one of the coolest short stories I have ever wrote!

Link, now

Link, now

I'll just link you to my works thread.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/14093-colons-creative-writing-works-collection/

Should be under a link for The Pen and the Paper

I don't claim to be any kind of professional, but I do get quite a bit of praise from time to time for my writing so you may like it as well as other pieces if you feel like reading them.

• Brohoof 1

Easy question. Easy answer.

The characters would be unable to find the Author unless the Author wanted it to happen. The characters would not even be able to be aware of the Author unless the Author wanted it to happen.

Since the Author is the creator of the story's entirety, nothing can happen without the Author willing it to happen.

It has been mentioned already, but this same concept of an Author and characters has direct parallels to that of various religious entities - the most prominent being God in Catholicism and Christianity.

• Brohoof 1

You take the red pill? Actually I would assume that since impossibility does notmean that it is the impossibility of a being-able-to eventually with time become self conscious. Thus with time either the author or the character in the story would make it's presence known to the other party to assert it self.