Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you discover the show?

CastletonSnob

I was in 8th grade when i heard friends talking about a new My Little Pony show and told me that I should watch it. I thought they were nuts. But, one day, I caved and decided to watch an episode out of boredom. That episode was "Read It and Weep".

I remember being surprised by how funny, engaging, and how not baby-ish it was. 

Later that summer, I decided to watch the show from the beginning on Netflix.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about the show throughout 2015 and 2016, when I found several YouTube videos involving ponies and Sonic the Hedgehog characters. The first episode I watched, was the one from the very beginning- Friendship is Magic Part 1.

It was about 8 years ago, (Geez, it's been that long already? Damn.) and I was watching TV, and then I started seeing ads for this TV channel called "The Hub". I thought nothing of it, because it just looked like some stupid kids' channel. Occasionally I'd pass it by while changing channels, and I'm pretty sure I saw listings for a show called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".  Once again, I shrugged it off because it to me was just a "stupid kids' show". Then, about 2 years later, I started seeing a bunch of dudes on the net posting stuff about My Little Pony and saw all kinds of pony memes and stuff, and I was just like: "No, this needs to stop. This is NOT okay!" But then one day, my little brother's best friend at the time was watching a video called "Apple.mov", and I actually thought it looked kinda interesting, so I decided to check it out, and I thought it was pretty funny. Then, another day, out of MORBID curiosity, I decided to watch the first episode. I still remember during the intro: "Once upon a time..." and I just thought to myself: "Aw, great... we've got about 5 minutes and then it's gonna be all about tea parties and dress-up!" But 30 minutes later, the episode ended, and I thought to myself: "I WANNA WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE!!" Then I binged watched the entire series at that point until I was caught up, later on joined the MLP forums, and here I am! :D

(P.S. Technically the first episode I watched was "The Return of Harmony: Part 2", but I only saw, like, 2 minutes of it. :P)

• Brohoof 2

It depends on your definition of "discover." I have known about it since 2011, but it wasn't until mid-2013 when I started to get more invested in it (IE, back when I was very invested in Creepypastas). Even so, I would be hard-pressed to say I was enthralled at that point.

I assume it goes without saying that I watched Friendship is Magic Part 1 as well. Though Friendship is Magic does not necessarily have a strict continuity, it is often your best bet to begin with the first episode regardless. :darling:

• Brohoof 1

I first heard about it back in early 2011, while visiting my Grandma's farm at the time, I was browsing various internet forums and I kept seeing pony avatars and mentions of the show pop up everywhere. I saw it enough times that I got curious so I did a little digging and found some discussions on the show. It kinda peaked my interest, so I went and started the first episode just a few hours later. Soon, I ended up going through the whole series that was available at the time. The last one I remember watching in my little marathon was "A bird in the hoof" as that was the last one I could find. So, that narrows it down to sometime between April 8th-15th 2011, I can't remember the exact date.

I believe I first discovered the show during 2011 and 2012. I first heard about MLP when I was at my local card shop with friends. As we played Vanguard, two of my friends had brought the show up. I didn't think anything of it and wondered why they would watch a show like that. Ever since, they were nonstop in trying to get me to watch the show. They said I would like it and I always turned them down in watching the show. I remember they would show me songs like "This Day in Aria" and videos like "Epic Pie Time." I thought they were pretty interesting, but I was still adamant in my decision. Then, during the fall season of 2012, I decided to give the show a chance. I told them that I would watch a few episodes and if I didn't like the show, then they would get off my back. The first episode I watched was the very first episodes of the series. After watching the first three episodes, I was instantly hooked into the show. Afterwards, I binge watched the series, until I caught up to the finale of season 3. 

I discovered the show in early 2012.  I don't know how I came across it, but I decided to binge all the episodes that were released at the time, which was from episode all the way up to A Friend In Deed, given that I discovered the show between the break between that episode and Putting Your Hoof Down.  

It's hard to believe that I have been following FiM for 7 years now.

I first heard about it in 2011 or 2012. Specifically I heard that MLP was an Internet phenomenon with a weird fanbase. I didn't take it seriously back then. 

In 2014 I stumbled across an episode on TV, watched about 2 minutes of it and switched the channel. Now I know that it was "Hurricane Fluttershy".

I started watching the show "properly" in the beginning of 2015, from the very first episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

In late 2015, I discovered this video. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the song was originally from a My Little Pony cartoon. I have heard of the franchise’s name before then and I initially dismissed it as some childish show targeted to girls, but after watching that and this video numerous times, my curiosity got the best of me and I looked more into the characters on both the show’s wiki and TV Tropes.

The first episodes I watched were Stare Master, Rarity Investigates, and Read It and Weep.

I used to watch the first 4 seasons (They were the only existent seasons at the time) when I was a young kid, but I wasn't a fan at the time. 

I only became a fan almost 2 years ago when I was in a car waiting for food and somebody played an episode. After that I became a fan.

I first heard about the show when I came across the MLP fan club on another forums i was in before and then decided to take a look at the show series. I don't remember the 1st episode I watched officially, but I know it was around 1-2 days before secret of my excess so probably that episode was my 1st one i watched which was the closest episode I watched.

I discovered the in dec 2020 and became a member of this forum a couple of weeks later. The first things I saw was the Tridashie videos, so clips from all over the show. The first full length episode I watched was PonyTones episode from season 4 and then I started with s1e1.

I knew distantly about MLP and it's adult fanbase but never checked it out due to me got a really busy rl life from 2010 to 2019. I cannot point out when I heard first about the show, but Im sure it was quite some years back

I'd seen fan-made content about the show pretty much since the beginning, but I didn't truly "discover" the show until I started watching it in the latter part of the second season.  I then went back to the beginning and binge-watched the episodes I had missed.

Must have been some time in 2011. I heard about a My Little Pony show that a lot of guys love. I assumed it was a joke but I watch plenty of animation so I started with the first episode and thought it was great so I caught up by the season finale and been a fan ever since. :wub: