Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have discovered coffee.

Dautt

Note: this wasn't thought through at all, enjoy.

I had some trouble sleeping tonight so I decided to make a cup of coffee since I make coffee often for my mom and my step dad and I wanted to see if it tasted anything like that terrible thing I had as a child anyway here is my diagnostics of the brew.

• It has a bitter smell
  • It tastes bitter
  • It give me energy and also extra energy thanks to the shitload of sugar I added after the first taste.

In the end it's bad and I'm going to stick with tea from now on.

I wish my toast was still warm though.

Edited by Dr_appleman
  • Brohoof 7

Well you could had added cream and sugar into the coffee for a less bitter taste but I'm with you on this one...no thanks, I don't care for coffee xD Water, orange juice, or milk...any of those are fine

we were out of cream and the sugar didn't help it just made it worse I also didn't finish my cup of bitterness I'm probably going to buy a energy drink later if I find a excuse to go to the store.

As someone who goes for up to five cups a day on average for years, I can tell you that while someone never really likes the taste, picking up the right coffee is rather essential. While one can taste like an ass, other can be the nectar of the gods. For starters, was that instant coffee? You know, beans or powder.

• Brohoof 4

As someone who goes for up to five cups a day on average for years, I can tell you that while someone never really likes the taste, picking up the right coffee is rather essential. While one can taste like an ass, other can be the nectar of the gods. For starters, was that instant coffee? You know, beans or powder.

It was instant so I'm still wandering if something that is considered a good cup of coffee tasted like specially since you mentioned it.

It was instant so I'm still wandering if something that is considered a good cup of coffee tasted like specially since you mentioned it.

You know, almost all instant coffees are something you drink when you don't have the time, but need a fast shot of caffeine. Or perhaps if you have no taste buds and sense of smell. Some are better than others, but not really cool. If you want a good powdered coffee, you better have a huge wallet.

If you want taste and nice aroma, you always want coffee beans and preferably whole ones, which you'll grind right before making the coffee. In general, even the cheapest beans will taste a hell lot better than instant coffee. Also the bitterness isn't really there. And then of course, you have various types with very different aromas and qualities. Also how you make the coffee matters.

Well, what I'm trying to say - don't judge it just yet, the variety is great there.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like coffee that much, either. I've had various kinds, and didn't hate it, but never grew to like it, either. I can stand it, but wouldn't drink it if I had something else available. (Preferably just water.)

• Brohoof 1

You know, almost all instant coffees are something you drink when you don't have the time, but need a fast shot of caffeine. Or perhaps if you have no taste buds and sense of smell. Some are better than others, but not really cool. If you want a good powdered coffee, you better have a huge wallet.

If you want taste and nice aroma, you always want coffee beans and preferably whole ones, which you'll grind right before making the coffee. In general, even the cheapest beans will taste a hell lot better than instant coffee. Also the bitterness isn't really there. And then of course, you have various types with very different aromas and qualities. Also how you make the coffee matters.

Well, what I'm trying to say - don't judge it just yet, the variety is great there.

That's good hopefully I will end up adding a fourth drink to the list of drinks I usually have it all depends on me finding a way to prepare coffee in a way that I like and also like you said get something else than instant.

That's good hopefully I will end up adding a fourth drink to the list of drinks I usually have it all depends on me finding a way to prepare coffee in a way that I like and also like you said get something else than instant.

Well, passing judgement over coffee based on instant would be quite like passing judgement over tea (yes, all types and kinds) based on taste of a teabag which goes for 50 cents per 20 pieces and is named "Fruity FuFu". Sub-optimal.

Edited by Jessper
  • Brohoof 1

Well, passing judgement over coffee based on instant would be quite like passing judgement over tea (yes, all types and kinds) based on taste of a teabag which goes for 50 cents per 20 pieces and is named "Fruity FuFu". Sub-optimal.

Realizing that I decided to make an appropriate change to the thread itself i don't think as rationally when I'm tired which I guess is normal.

Realizing that I decided to make an appropriate change to the thread itself i don't think as rationally when I'm tired which I guess is normal.

Mind you, I'm not offended or what not, I just quite value coffee and tea and I don't like people missing out of either just because they didn't have the chance to try the "good stuff".

Mind you, I'm not offended or what not, I just quite value coffee and tea and I don't like people missing out of either just because they didn't have the chance to try the "good stuff".

It's good that I didn't offend you since I was going for that approach and I think it's been established that I shouldn't have judged coffee by my first try.

It's good that I didn't offend you since I was going for that approach and I think it's been established that I shouldn't have judged coffee by my first try.

It would be your loss. And -  you can't offend me by saying anything about a drink, no matter whether I like it or not. Unless it's whisky. Then I would kill you with no remorse and mercy.

• Brohoof 1

It would be your loss. And -  you can't offend me by saying anything about a drink, no matter whether I like it or not. Unless it's whisky. Then I would kill you with no remorse and mercy.

I can't really say anything about whiskey since I haven't tried it and I guess I feel the same way about squash(Danish soda brand).

Well, first of all, sugar is a placebo and does not give you energy at all. 

Second of all, here's how I make coffee:

-Get coffee in a cup

-Pour water in until it's about 5/8 full

-Pour in Half-and-Half coffee cream thing until the cup is 6/8 full and the coffee is a light tan

-Add 3 teaspoons of sugar

Voila. Wonderful coffee. I like to dip meringues in it. :3

(I think my parents use beans that are kind of pre-ground but not completely.)

Oh, by the way. I do believe that my coffee is not strong at all. I mostly drink it for the taste, and it never gives me too much energy (I think I have a lot of energy as it is, so coffee doesn't change that). 

And if you end up sticking with tea, white pomegranate is wonderful. 

Edited by Strawberry Tart
  • Brohoof 2

Coffee?!

I love coffee, I drink It every morning!

Helps me wake up, also I think it tastes fantastic.

They say it stunts your growth, but I'm like six feet tall and only fourteen, so I think I'm okay. 

:D  best drink ever!  coffee is my life's blood and I cannot start my day without it! in fact it is the first thing i do in the morning! lol   sometimes it's 1 cup a day sometimes it's 2 and on occassion it's three lol.   living where i live, I have  lots of access to not only starbucks but other mom and pop coffee stands! 

As someone who needs to drink coffee or I'll die of exhaustion, I can honestly say coffee while it is bitter has many different forms.

THere are many varieties and different flavors.  You could add cream, just to soften the bitter taste.  

I sort-of like coffee, but I prefer the feeling of caffeination than the actual drink itself. I keep a big jar of instant coffee powder hidden somewhere in my bedroom. My parents never let me drink coffee, they think it'd turn me into an axe-crazy killer.

I know, they are dumb. Anyway, I was wondering, is it healthy/safe/reccomended to grab a handful of instant coffee powder and eat it, right there and then?

I've had coffee a few times, I didn't like it. I kind of like cold coffee, but warm/hot coffee just burns my tongue and tastes awful. I'd much rather just drink a Mountain Dew or something to get the same caffeine effects as coffee.

Note: this wasn't thought through at all, enjoy.

I had some trouble sleeping tonight so I decided to make a cup of coffee since I make coffee often for my mom and my step dad and I wanted to see if it tasted anything like that terrible thing I had as a child anyway here is my diagnostics of the brew.

• It has a bitter smell
  • It tastes bitter
  • It give me energy and also extra energy thanks to the shitload of sugar I added after the first taste.

In the end it's bad and I'm going to stick with tea from now on.

I wish my toast was still warm though.

I can see why 'cause I hated coffee when I was little.

Now i love it.

My friends think I'm a bit of a freak now cause I only drink black coffee

I've even been known to drink Espresso straight up

Edited by yourmomsponies

Eh I like coffee, but it does nothing as far as energy for me. Probably since I've been drinking it since I was two...

I'm weird when it comes to coffee though. I either want it black and strong, or so much cream in it that it's white. In the middle is just kinda blah. Although I haven't had coffee in months. I'm more of a water guy.