Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What else do the main six have in common?

Rainbowdash69

5 hours ago, Flow said:

Friendship, that's one thing they all have in common.

Agreed.

Can't forget that they also got their cutie marks on the same day for the same reason: Dash's sonic rainboom.

• Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, Rainbowdash69 said:

So what does mane 6 all have in common is it being a pony is it that they all have a place that they call home equestria or their elements of harmony

What do you all think?

Other factors include living in Ponyville, and aspects of their families - all were born to happily married same-tribe couples, and all have some kind of younger sibling of sorts, bi birth or otherwise. And later of course, theu're all teachers at the School of Friendship.

25 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I think the point of the Mane Six is how they are all different and they still get along.

Indeed - but it's undeniable that they're more similar than, say, the Student Six.

2 hours ago, Latecomer said:

Indeed - but it's undeniable that they're more similar than, say, the Student Six.

I think except for the racial diversity, they are not more diverse than the Mane Six. And I don't simply count racial diversity as character diversity.

Naturally, there were way more time for Mane Six to develop as characters, so it makes sense that their characteristics are more distinguishable while Student Six's differences are more superficial. Ocellus and Skystar I mean Silverstream are pretty much Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie imcarnate, Sandbar's character is less than Boulder, Yona is closer to a simplified caricature of a character like giant Spike or Evil Lazer Rainbow Dash, Pirate Applejack. I can't find what stands out from Smolder compared to Ember, and Gallus is sarchastic and indisposed, but that's it (but an orphan so he gets extra points).

(And even comparing just the first season, the Mane Six has more diverse and unique characters than Studemt Six, but that's weird because S1 Mane Six had more character diversity than S9 Mane Six.)

At least that's how I see them.

54 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

t think except for the racial diversity, they are not more diverse than the Mane Six. And I don't simply count racial diversity as character diversity.

Naturally, there were way more time for Mane Six to develop as characters, so it makes sense that their characteristics are more distinguishable while Student Six's differences are more superficial. Ocellus and Skystar I mean Silverstream are pretty much Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie imcarnate, Sandbar's character is less than Boulder, Yona is closer to a simplified caricature of a character like giant Spike or Evil Lazer Rainbow Dash, Pirate Applejack. I can't find what stands out from Smolder compared to Ember, and Gallus is sarchastic and indisposed, but that's it (but an orphan so he gets extra points).

(And even comparing just the first season, the Mane Six has more diverse and unique characters than Studemt Six, but that's weird because S1 Mane Six had more character diversity than S9 Mane Six.)

At least that's how I see them.

I'd say racial diversitu counts as character diversitu when the character's race is a large aspect of their character. And I'd say that's true of some (but not all) of both the Manes and the Students. 

And I'd like to hear more about the claim in the brackets - increasing sameness among the Manes seems on-topic for this thread..

They're, like, ponies and stuff. They're living in the same neighborhood. Oh yeah, there's also the inescapable destiny thing. That has to count for something, right.