Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

pyro pie

I've talked to my brony friends and Rainbow Dash seems to be the most common favourite. :wub: Fluttershy is the most popular after that. B)

In terms of the main 6, its either Pinkie Pie for the downright randomness that she holds, Fluttershy because of how shy and adorable she appears in almost ANY episode - even if she was portrayed negatively she'd still be loved, and Rainbow Dash because she's got the confidence of the Old Spice dude.

Posted Image

Yeah, that guy.

In terms of the others, I find that Vinyl is a fan favourite for being a DJ in a fandom where the majority of fans listen to techno/electronic/whatever the hell you guys call it (I'm a metal head, I could care less). Berry Punch would also get some recognition for being the unofficial drunk, and then their's Lyra for sitting like a human in one episode (you could also add Bon Bon to this, but there's little argument for it).

And then... there's the bane of my existence for this show. That cross eyed accident that managed to swoon almost EVERYONE in this blasted fandom.

Posted Image

Yes... her. That muffin eating, mail delivering, cross eyed pegasus! Her animation error and slight missunderstandings have not only earned her a partner ship with another random/cross over pony, but practically managed to etch herself into everyone's thoughts and apparently, a lot of people's hearts. She's the equivalent of that shrimpy kid that got popular in school for GOD knows what reason. And frankly, she may be the most ingenious/greatest marketing character in the history of cartoon shows that I've seen/cared about.

Derpy gets my nod of disapproval, and my minor respect. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Luna and Dash are the popular ones.

Twilight is getting a lot of popularity because Tara Strong is so awesome with this fanbase.

Applejack needs more love though. :(

YESYESYES THANK YOU

Edited by agigantorllama
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So it's proven that Fluttershy is best pony?

:blink:

I KID, I KID!

Surprised to see Applejack and Rarity as the least popular though. They were initially my least favorite two, but that was until I saw more than five episodes...

Edited by BetaWolf

Honestly I think this is hard to determine, because everyone's favorite pony seems to shift overtime. Yes, there are definitely some strong favorites (pinkie pie, rainbow dash etc.) but the overall consensus has yet to settle. Further, everyone's favorite pony might shift once season 3 comes out. Just look at the differences between season 1 and 2. I know that my favorite pony changed after finishing season 2- initially I was in love with fluttershy, but after witnessing the awesomeness that is pinkie pie, she became my favorite pony. As noted above, it will be hard to determine who the most popular pony is. Maybe in a few years, once the show is over we can finally find out the true favorite, but until then it will constantly shift.

Rarity, after all, she is the pony everypony should know.

In Canterlot. What about Ponyville?

Dash & Pinkie dominate all media of bronies and are the post children of the show.

Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are two of the top fan favorites within the fanbase.

Rarity is probably a mix of both of those, but to a lesser extent.

Then there's poor AJ, who doesn't get enough love no matter how you slice it. A sad, sad, reality.

Posted Image

I personally think Fluttershy is most popular, followed by Rainbow Dash. Then Pinkie, Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack. This is just from my observations however, nothing actually proven.

• Brohoof 1

In Canterlot. What about Ponyville?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_NgkQRuco

Dash & Pinkie dominate all media of bronies and are the post children of the show.

Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are two of the top fan favorites within the fanbase.

Rarity is probably a mix of both of those, but to a lesser extent.

Then there's poor AJ, who doesn't get enough love no matter how you slice it. A sad, sad, reality.

Posted Image

I agree there definitely needs to be more AJ love. Having only been part of the fandom for a few weeks, I was wondering why AJ is consistently ranked as the least favorite pony? She is quite amazing, dependable, funny and heroic and yet nopony seems to give her a chance, why is that?

• Brohoof 1

I agree there definitely needs to be more AJ love. Having only been part of the fandom for a few weeks, I was wondering why AJ is consistently ranked as the least favorite pony? She is quite amazing, dependable, funny and heroic and yet nopony seems to give her a chance, why is that?

She's also one of the most mature of the Mane 6, and is a stupendous big sister. She's an ideal role-model in many ways. I wish I knew why people don't seem to care </3 She's my third fave single pony, but lately, she's been my second.

• Brohoof 1