Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How did you come up with your OC / oc's ?

Pandora

How did you come up with your oc's ? what inspired you?

Pandora is my ponysona, she is based on irl me. Scars and all.
Derpy, clumsy, somewhat mental issues.. smiley, bouncey, careful, shy.. totally awkward.
Kind most of the times but not all the times.
Because I feel like i'm walking a tightrope all the time at night I gave pan a sprout on her head, this one breathes life into her. Hurt it and she'll be hurting. Pan hides the sprout by hiding it under her panda beanie and almost never taking it off unless she is with close friends.
I currently have panda's high up in my list as a favorite animal therefor.. panda pony.

Kyoshi is my Ponysona. Meant to be an exact copy of me but also being much more likable. Being a representation, he has all my flaws, but he has an outward appearance that he actually likes, which helps with his confidence. So there's definitely at least a couple of fictional aspects added to him. An appearance of confidence is better than nothing I suppose. His personality is childlike but in a more playful way. He enjoys the simple things in life, always trying to look forward to anything good, no matter how small it is. Talking about his passions is one of his favorite things to do and he wants to help others express their passions as well. He is feminine in different ways and supports people being who they are or what they see themselves as, as long as they aren't harming others. He has immense passion in gaming, music, space and finding new media to enjoy like films and TV. All of that is based off of me of course.

The appearance is heavily inspired by the aggrotech style. Being that is one of my favorite music genres, it fits pretty well. 

• Brohoof 5

Ummm.... he is me :P ?

Well like most people who wanted a Pegasus OC, i thought blue was a good color :ooh: (He’s specifically periwinkle and can be represented by light purple sometimes). His mane actually used to be black and yellow, but I decided to make it blend more by making it dark blue/yellow.

• Brohoof 3

Booker is just me (as seems to be the common theme), or rather, what I want to be. Hair style and eye color are the same, same scars, if I ever dyed my hair it'd be that shade of red, he has the piercings I want (I'm considering adding more), and I wanted to pick a neutral color for his coat since I only really wear neutral colored clothes, so I went with a very very light shade of gray. Basically white, but not exactly. Personality-wise, he's just a version of myself with milder anxiety.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 2

Pastel is my ponysona, me as pone~

Iron Shoal is her grandpa, loosely based on a mix of wrestler The Iron Sheik and my uncle.

Milenko is a dragon I made to subvert old tropes and have a kinda intellectual character.

• Brohoof 3

My OC is basically myself, warts and all, with a story that's sort of a representation of my own struggles. He grows from an innocent colt who was afraid of the world, to a good hearted stallion, who tries to fit in, but grows cynical as he gets poisoned by the black spots in all his relationships and abilities, eventually losing perspective of his own morals. Eventually, he searches for redemption and a route to discovering inner peace. It's a bit on the complicated side, but I think it was an alright way to start an OC.

• Brohoof 2

To create the body and face and all that I wanted to be original, the colour green came to mind, afterwards, no tail.

The personality is basically myself, the story though, is not. I guess I made him have my qualities and live what I would have liked to have lived. Since I love nature, forests, mountains, etc, I made him stay in the everfree. I also made him a wise one since I wish to be smart and all that as well, to culturize myself. 

I guess that's it.

• Brohoof 2

Lucky Bolt is my ponysona aka me as a pony. Her appearance is somewhat based off mine irl....green eyes, messy hair, and because I'm a dark blonde I gave her a yellow and brown mane. (Corn flake mane as many of you on here may remember that joke haha). 

She's a pegasus because Pegasi are best and cutest. Also it kinda reflects my free spirit head in the clouds nature so it only seemed fitting. :ButtercupLaugh: An old friend of mine actually suggested the name Lucky Bolt for her way back and I've kept it ever since. 

commission_355_by_airiniblock_ddvw9b3-pre.thumb.jpg.8c3e0850318e01b8ef3d732a2e85c279.jpg

• Brohoof 2

All sorts of different ways. Sometimes they're from side characters who grow through a game. Sometimes they're parts of my personality amplified. 

Angelscape was just a side character for a futuristic RP. A cyborg earth pony whose name is just a fusion of Angelfire and Netscape. She'd get her own interests and personality as she interacted with other players. Her design was inspired by the Witchblade comics. 

Spoiler

angelscapenewjpg_by_crystalsonatica-d9tg8wb.thumb.jpg.25db8c3b175da462799dbc14ca6d113b.jpg.3cb39d23096fe64b95c9cb2507d12331.jpg

Ruby Rain came about when I was trying to figure out how ponies would play a guitar? Answer: Bat ponies technically have fingers. She represents many of the insecurties and confidence issues those of us who are different or have niche interests and struggling to practice our passions in life face. 

Spoiler

denim.thumb.png.70ad00c117a85b8cc871aafb82b7df89.png

Luster was also from the furturistic RP. My robot OC who started out as edgy anime protagonist/ antagonist and alicorn OC, but slowly morphed into moody, rebellious, paranoid teenager who just wanted to be told she was right. She's that part of us who despises being told that we are wrong over and over again. Sorry, don't have art of her yet. 

- Pencil Pouch came from messing around with the Hasbro pony creator. The colors and mane style were things I always wanted but the Cutie Mark was random. I found a pocket on the creator and thought it was really neat for an art pony, so I used that and made it my own design.

- Granite Rose is inspired by a silly Animal Crossing character I made that was inspired by a Toy Story character. I got inspiration from the villain Sid, or at least the metal head part of him when I created my Animal Crossing character. I was real young at the time and I made this character purely to make a fake boyfriend (he was more like a househusband XD). That character, also named Sid, later evolved into Granite Rose and took on the same personality and hair from his human version, only he’s not a boyfriend icon

(I’ll post more next time cause I already made this post too long)

• Brohoof 1

Unicorn Will Guide is me as a pony with the power to tap into Disney Magic.

1947235204_NeutralWillGuide.png.09918a93499d20d2d391411015074da6.png

It's because of Thorax that I decided to create a Changeling OC.

Reformed_C_Will.thumb.png.5f652cf3265c27a7ffebca519efaada4.png

I partly created Changeling Will Guide to act my literal soul mate

207537175_TheWillGuidesbyOdyssey.png.866be6b09d88e91eeb2ee9c2ce9c5a95.png

• 2 weeks later...