gaming Which game deserved GOTY award?

ohne

we all know which game won :mlp_wat: but which game deserved the award, in your opinion

for me, it's either Ghost Of Tsushima or Assassin's Creed Valhalla (i'm still confused at the fact that neither games won ANY rewards)

• Brohoof 3

Not The Last of Us 2, that's for sure.

I agree on Ghost of Tsushima deserving it. But alas, the thing had been rigged since before TLoU2 came out. Guess we can ignore the game awards from now on, given this one was too obvious. Mere pay-to-win award.

• Brohoof 4

Ghost of Tsushima won Player's choice award and that's the most important  award for me

14 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

I haven’t played Cyberpunk 2077 yet so I can’t comment on that.

Cyberpunk 2077 was technically released this year but will be nominated in 2021, the same situation as with RDR 2 

• Brohoof 3

On 12/13/2020 at 8:50 AM, Vefka said:

Ghost of Tsushima won Player's choice award and that's the most important  award for me

Cyberpunk 2077 was technically released this year but will be nominated in 2021, the same situation as with RDR 2 

I’ve seen a recreation of handsome Squidward in the character creation :huh:. Hope it’s true, as I’d like making a pastel human there :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 3

16 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’ve seen a recreation of handsome Squidward in the character creation :huh:. Hope it’s true, as I’d like making a pastel human there :mlp_icwudt:

I think it was just a meme if you're talking about cyberpunk. Afair you don't shape your character, you choose a preset for each body part from a list (usually 5-10 shapes)

Based on my own personal enjoyment I would've given it to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, although didn't think it would win and hoped it would go to Doom Eternal at least. Honestly though I feel like all the nominations were better options than The Last of Us 2 lol

Don't really care about The Game Awards though. It's mostly just a popularity contest and honestly I feel like most of the kinds of games I like are pretty niche and don't even get nominated most of the time regardless.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

It's shame that indie games started to receive as much attention as AAA games only in recent years. Hotline Miami really deserves GOTY or at least awards for the best soundtrack and the story

• Brohoof 2

I really couldn't say, as just about every game I was playing extensively last year was released at least one year prior.  The Tau Empire DLC is what got me into Warhammer Gladius, which is a fantastic game.  The Star Kings expansion got me back into Age of Wonders: Planetfall, which is another stellar game.  So unless you want to include expansions as GOTY I have nothing to nominate. 

Maybe Borderlands 3 as an honorary GOTY, on the grounds that anything that is an Epic Games Store exclusive shouldn't even count as a release until it's released on a proper digital storefront.  That would be a cool technicality to make it clear to Epic how much gamers think of their exclusivity deals.

I actually don't know which game won. :mlp_laugh: That's because I really couldn't care less.

I had three games I chose to play last year: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Immortals Fenyx Rising and all three of them are very strong.