Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll get a post out here, during Friday. Sorry for the delay on it, but home visit, and then back home where I had to catch up to a lot of things. I ended up getting backlogged quite a bit. Should soon be a proper system over things again. :)

@Kujamih

Glad you like her, can't say I intended what you got out of it, but we'll go with it.

Coxa, I'd say she's a changeling with a feminine build, stronger unicorn traits than pegasus or earth (IE her horn is more prominent than her wings and leg width/strength) She has the same coloration as Chrysalis' changelings from the Canterlot wedding.

In her Red form her wings are her dominant trait, her frill/eyes/backplate/tail are a deep scarlet, not unlike blood, her chitin is a slightly orange black as opposed to the blue black of her original form.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

If I could draw, I wouldn't be loitering on the free requests page for people to post request shops.

You'll also quickly discover that I put very little thought into what my characters actually look like beyond a cursory depiction of color and shape, that is to say I have no idea what Coxa's face looks like, much less how to put it into words. You go ahead and draw whatever you pictured when you read my description.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

If I could draw, I wouldn't be loitering on the free requests page for people to post request shops.

You'll also quickly discover that I put very little thought into what my characters actually look like beyond a cursory depiction of color and shape, that is to say I have no idea what Coxa's face looks like, much less how to put it into words. You go ahead and draw whatever you pictured when you read my description.

....okay so i pretty have free range then?... I just don't want to disappoint you when i end up drawing her and she looks different in your head.... But since you said what you said... Alriiiiiigghttt!!!B)

But question first @Illiad Easle

1. Is she related to chrysalis?

2. She is a post changeling disguised as a pre changeling right?

3. Btw....are the changeling here(except coxa) the colorful ones or tge colorful ones do not exist here?

@Kujamih

You say re-spark as if I ever had an inner artistic side. Writing is my art, hence why I'm always in these RPs and can pull a new character out in five minutes. Most of the characters you guys are interacting with I made up on the spot as I wrote out the response they first featured in. Coxa is no exception.

As to changelings:

The changelings in my literary canon take strong inspiration from the changelings described in A Novel Tale, essentially: There are several hives of changelings, each with their own queen. Each hive specializes in one or two core emotions, which in turn influence their natural coloration. Changelings in general prefer to coexist peacefully with other species, making unique identities to integrate themselves with the local populous. Changelings still require physical nutrients, in addition to the emotional energy they harvest.

I have yet to reconcile fully Thorax with my canon, for the moment he and his ilk are considered a perversion of the natural way. Those that survived long enough to make it on the project have since reverted to their natural forms to better fit in with the others. Ergo there are no "reformed" changelings on the project as none of them ever needed "reforming"

Details on Coxa are spoilers for what I intend to reveal in the next post:

Spoiler

Coxa is a changeling from Chrysalis' hive, she considers Chrysalis to be her mother.

Light was not visited by Coxa, but rather another changeling pretending to be Coxa (The real Coxa appearing in the next post)

The fake Coxa is a changeling from Geletine's hive, Queen Geletine being Chrysalis' aunt. Geletine is also known as the Killer Queen, every one of her changelings being especially murderous as bloodlust is their hive's preferred emotion. Changelings from her hive have been hunted for being murderous and mentally unstable after Geletine was killed by her daughter, Queen Permutation (Currently on the Project), after Geletine tried to kill Permu's sister, Queen Sleipnir. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

You say re-spark as if I ever had an inner artistic side. Writing is my art, hence why I'm always in these RPs and can pull a new character out in five minutes. Most of the characters you guys are interacting with I made up on the spot as I wrote out the response they first featured in. Coxa is no exception.

As to changelings:

The changelings in my literary canon take strong inspiration from the changelings described in A Novel Tale, essentially: There are several hives of changelings, each with their own queen. Each hive specializes in one or two core emotions, which in turn influence their natural coloration. Changelings in general prefer to coexist peacefully with other species, making unique identities to integrate themselves with the local populous. Changelings still require physical nutrients, in addition to the emotional energy they harvest.

I have yet to reconcile fully Thorax with my canon, for the moment he and his ilk are considered a perversion of the natural way. Those that survived long enough to make it on the project have since reverted to their natural forms to better fit in with the others. Ergo there are no "reformed" changelings on the project as none of them ever needed "reforming"

Details on Coxa are spoilers for what I intend to reveal in the next post:

Reveal hidden contents

Coxa is a changeling from Chrysalis' hive, she considers Chrysalis to be her mother.

Light was not visited by Coxa, but rather another changeling pretending to be Coxa (The real Coxa appearing in the next post)

The fake Coxa is a changeling from Geletine's hive, Queen Geletine being Chrysalis' aunt. Geletine is also known as the Killer Queen, every one of her changelings being especially murderous as bloodlust is their hive's preferred emotion. Changelings from her hive have been hunted for being murderous and mentally unstable after Geletine was killed by her daughter, Queen Permutation (Currently on the Project), after Geletine tried to kill Permu's sister, Queen Sleipnir. 

Re spark on the art department on drawing and painting etc... That kinda artistic side.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum @C. Thunder Dash @Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Jack Baker @Windy Breeze

To give a glimpse into my thought process here: This first arc is meant for you guys to see both what normal life is like on the Æther, as well as hopefully you guys getting a chance to envision what your characters' normal lives on the Æther would be.

Once that is established we'll skip ahead to the real adventure. Let me know here if/when you feel you know what your character's normal life would be like so I know when to jump ahead.

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

Maud would become one of the most efficient miners and geologists. Probably learning from the others there, she would come to prominence within that 'field' of the ship and bring great value with her presence with rocks, cutting down mining times in half as she would know where everything would be. Perhaps becoming the lead geologist / miner on the ship, instructing others where to mine, get in, get out out. That sort of thing.

Trixie would become a great stage performer in time and would spend her time performing for others. But also would be a skilled illusionist and might become a member of the guard, if they have guards she could perhaps be one of the fighters, fighting the spawn with her illusionary and dark magic. Spiral is just along for the ride, and reads many books and practices the dark arts more in order to deal with the spawn.