Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Windy Breeze

Alright, can I get a description? Are you planning on them already being on the project or arriving in the next set of collected ponies?

The pony I'm planning to add is Thunder Light

1388552361_ThunderLight.thumb.jpg.4b3b9a4292cbae99036b85ed3c86b837.jpg

She will be introduced one of the next set of collected ponies rescued and taken to the Æther, however, Thunder did not belong in this world. In her world, she was a soldier who betrayed her own kind to help others, including a friend of hers she was currently searching when she was mysteriously taken to the other world. Without any much knowledge, the loyalist can take this as an advantage to bribe her into doing something which may be against Æther, especially if they're lying about knowing a way to take her back to her own world.

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Escape? Incapacitate them and steal the Minostralium? It wasn't the best idea to show your face, because now they can look for you even if you do escape.

I'll see if one of the other council members can come to your assistance.

@Kujamih

There was a one month skip between when you last interacted with any of the group, yes.

@Kujamih

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Didn't you see his big  pictures scattered everywhere in this project...

I don't recall saying that. Apollo may be insane but he is not a narcissist. He much prefers that most people not know he's in charge. The only time anyone in the group other than Light saw him was when he welcomed them in the meeting when they first arrived. 

• Brohoof 1

Ahahaha i don't know why I put that line there sorry @Illiad Easle

I was thinking that it would be a funny bit, seeing shadow doesn't know a very important figure.....

And why not have his picture? You don't need to be a narcissist to have pictures in your office?.... My companies head director and anyone who has a big ranking has pictures on our building... That doesn't make them narcissist...or are they hahahaha. No I was just joking my boss is good.:lie:don't fire me....

And usually their people would usually put it. For respect and what not.

And won't it be natural? And I mean I ain't saying that it's only Apollo's picture is scattered across the project, even important figures like queen Permu. And the other creatures I forget.

What do you think @Illiad Easle can this be possible?

Or should I just remove that bit then?

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

4 hours ago, Kujamih said:

And why not have his picture? You don't need to be a narcissist to have pictures in your office?.

I mean, a picture of yourself in your own office is pretty narcissistic...

I suppose being an introvert myself, and not liking being in pictures in general, I may have a skewed perception of what would normally be distributed.

When it comes to the project, almost everything prioritizes function over form, things are often minimalist to save on resources, and there isn't much need for propaganda in any case. Outside of the archives and the museum there isn't much in the way of artwork, but you'd be right in supposing that Apollo has a portrait in both places.

even important figures like queen Permu. And the other creatures I forget.

This is best explained through a brief message on Trojan culture. Troy, which is the nation the project was built in, was primarily founded by changelings and as such shares a number of changeling ideals, namely an emphasis on humility and teamwork, strong respect for the dead, thorough record keeping, and seeking the common good. Because of that, they are not ones to put nearly as much attention towards their leaders as the Equestrians would. Trojan leaders are known because they are respected, their fame stemming from their actions and word of mouth rather than propaganda. They are not included in history books until after their deaths for the most part.

This also connects to the minimalist nature of the Project, no need to spend resources on images of public figures when it can be better spent elsewhere.

I won't be surprised if the Statue of the mane 6 is in display on the project

Again remembering that the Project is Trojan and not Equestrian. Troy does have a good amount of respect towards the Elements, on par with all the others who sacrificed their lives so they could survive. No statue again due to minimalism, but they are fondly remembered and children are taught about them.

But you can't say that the mane 6 are narcissists?

Because they didn't commission a statue of themselves.

Of all the sketches I like the last one the best, the middle one reminds me of the Axiom.

While there is some thickness to the Project, I'd say no more than 10 floors at the thickest point, it is far wider than it is tall and longer than it is wide. The thickest part is the agriculture section as it goes through all of the floors, and sits between the back and the middle of the Project. The bridge is right at the front of the ship, affording the bridge crew an unobstructed view of everything in front of the ship.

Okay but the project has already rescued a lot of creatures....meaning it isn't trojan culture anymore it's gonna be mixed, unless this is still the early stages...how  long was the project running since we entered?.... And some creature who is thankful to.... let's say Apollo would gladly make a statue for him. Or a picture of some sorts. 

And it dosnt need to be propaganda... Usually it is... Anyway it doesn't really need to be a lot of pictures...Light was just exaggerating that in every corner of the project you'd see his face.

So I can see important figures painting or pictures gonna be displayed and what not..... Oh and it can be moral boosting instead of propaganda you know?..

But if it doesn't fit your vision then I'll edit it out. Just say the word.