Will you watch G5?

Props Valroa

Will you watch G5?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Will you Watch G5?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Absolutely will. Each bit of news has made me more and more hopeful. The animations (as brief as they are) give each character unique glimpses of their personalities, and they're all very expressive. The character designs are outstanding.

Hooves crossed that it'll be good!

• Brohoof 4

On 2021-03-12 at 1:55 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Yes. My expectations for G5 have certainly fluctuated, but one thing that has definitely remained fully consistent is me at least wanting to give it a chance. 

This is still true, the reveal about the phones has not changed my mind. Both Equestria Girls and Pony Life had phones and a rough start with fan feedback when they first came out, thus it's only made my optimism more cautious. 

• Brohoof 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I definitely will give it a chance. It FOR SURE looks more coherent and grounded than Pony Life.:mlp_laugh:

The only problem is that from what's out there, I'm getting vibes that the characters seem to be middle school to high school age- so somewhere in between the ages of the CMC and the Mane 6.

I really got more into the G4 show proper after I realized the Mane 6 were post high school age (working age). I was like, "That's kinda different, this could actually end up being a fun and interesting show!":P

So if the G5 ponies are like Equestria Girls age, I probably won't be too interested, as I wasn't with that. Shows with characters mainly in that age group/school scene just don't interest me enough to spend my limited free time on. I'm by NO MEANS saying they're bad or crap, just not my cup of tea.

To add more context to my opinions above, I started watching G4 after season 3 and was 25 then. I'm 33 now and work full time and own a house (which = more work:scoots:) so I have less free time then I did when younger.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

After seeing the trailer, it's a definite YES! However, I'm going in with low expectations.

I'm gonna give it a fair shot, but I'm going to be look at it as it's own thing.