Will you watch G5?

Props Valroa

Will you watch G5?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Will you Watch G5?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

G5 could be as bad as Newborn Cuties and I'd be more willing to give it a chance than ever finishing S9. so take that mindset for what it's worth

At the very least, so far it's starting off on the right hoof

• Brohoof 2

With the information we know now I’m likely to watch the full first season to see if there is something they can build on. I’m in the process of rewatching FiM with the wife, and it wasn’t until after Season 1 that the show starting building to something really great (for me) so I am going in with expectations I would have for a new 90’s era Trek series. 

• Brohoof 2

Will I, a pony fan, view the new pony? Yes. I managed to watch Pony Life for pony's sake :P But this is the most exciting pony thing since the last movie.
Alternative answer 1:

Spoiler

Pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony. 

Alternative answer 2:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

I'm someone that prefers to make my own informed decision based on my own research, I've watched every generation of ponies so I will be watching it although admittedly have yet to watch pony life I will be watching generation five hoping it'll be as charming as the fourth. Of course as most, I do have certain scepticism towards it. Though to be fair, it is another generation of my little pony so of course it makes sense it would be different from the others. So far it does look pretty promising, it has that pastel colour we all love and adore with different animation yet I do see generation four in it and to me it does seem more like another type of animation for another story to be told of the ponyverse we know and love. Therefore, if it does stay true to the quality of generation four then I do have high hopes for it perhaps it'll be as popular as generation four. That said, generation four is very distinct and unique, so perhaps one should see it as an entirely new thing I do hope that this series will manage to rekindle the fandom I believe it might be just what the fandom needs and I look forward to it. Until I've watched it, there isn't much else to be said other then more pony is a good thing right haha.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Undecided.

It will depend on the reputation the series will take after one season. For now the 3D "Disney style" leaves me perplexed and quite frankly I don't believe in Hasbro's ability to reinstate what made the G4 so successful.

• Brohoof 1

I will watch both the movie and the later series. I will give them both an opportunity to impress me.

If the movie isn't good, I will still try the series.

Of course i will watch Generation 5, i dont see a single reason why not. DC Comics constantly changes Styles and love almost every bit of it, so why wont i do the same with Mlp:squee:

• Brohoof 2

I'm definitely planning to.

I have a decent reason to believe that it won't be preachy and political; like most bronies, that's what I was the most worried about.

Apart from that, it looks like there'll be good worldbuilding and strong characterization, which are the things that appealed to me in G-4; I think this'll be decent at the very least, and quite possibly excellent!

• Brohoof 2

Planning on giving the series a shot, definitely going to watch the movie. I honestly doubt that lightning will strike twice for this particular property, but I also know that the folks behind it are some of the most creative and in-touch with their fans around.

TL;DR: Expect the worst, hope for the best!

Edited by Wonko_the_Sane
Spelling and grammar
  • Brohoof 1

Sure, I'm willing to give it a shot. I am waiting for more information though which will help me in making a more refined opinion.

• Brohoof 2

For me, it largely depends on where it airs. I don't have cable or satellite TV, and I don't really want to purchase a whole streaming subscription just to watch one show. 

If it gets onto YouTube, I'll likely watch it there. Otherwise I probably won't find it. 

The other thing is, I don't have high hopes for it. I don't mean to sound rude, but I feel like G4 concluded the show. I read an article about what G5 is supposedly going to be about. I don't see how the idea could be made long-term. At least, I don't see how it could be done without either repeating G4's plots all over again, or going into doldrums. 

• Brohoof 1