Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 Movie Teaser Trailer

eventyraren

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Izzy's voice is exactly how I imagined it would be! :pinkie: 

It's a shame that their voices might all be different in the TV show version. :sunny:

A lot of them are TV actors so maybe they'll still be in it? I doubt it though since I can't imagine the show will have as big of a budget like Duck Tales would have.

Either way I'm quite sad to see an absence of professional voice artists in the main cast :(

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Rainy Day said:

A lot of them are TV actors so maybe they'll still be in it? I doubt it though since I can't imagine the show will have as big of a budget like Duck Tales would have.

Either way I'm quite sad to see an absence of professional voice artists in the main cast :(

Kimiko Glenn, Phil LaMarr, and Michael McKean are professional VAs.

• Brohoof 4

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Izzy's voice is exactly how I imagined it would be! :pinkie: 

It's a shame that their voices might all be different in the TV show version. :sunny:

I know, I’m concerned about them having different voices as well. Especially since I’m really liking Zipps. 

• Brohoof 5

Thoughts? :Daydreaming:
Well, one thing is certain. I really dig the cast. :D Especially Vanessa (Who was a big part of my childhood with HSM) and James. (Who was also a big part of my childhood with Enchanted and more recently with Sonic. He’s actually filming Disenchanted about ten minutes away from me!) Are they a little bit too famous to be in MLP though? :lie: I asked myself that initially but then I remembered that the movie had Emily Blunt and Sia, so that’s not too much of a leap. I will miss having professional voice artists however.
The animation is sort of growing on me. The designs are still a bit off-putting and I’m also still furious about the phones but seeing them moving a bit more with the voices adds a bit more of an appeal. No Mane Six references though which was the thing I was really looking for. :(
Sunny seems to be the Twilight/Scootaloo, Izzy is very obviously the Pinkie, Hitch reminds me a little bit of Shining Armour, just a little bit, Pipp is sort of a Rarity/Diamond Tiara and Zipp seems to be a less loyal Rainbow Dash... ish. :dash:

I know this was more about revealing the cast rather than showing a lot of the locations or the story but what we got doesn’t look too bad. It’s not really trying to be FiM which is something that hurt me at first, but I’m slowly getting used to that fact. I wouldn’t really want a trendy FiM imitator either. *glares angrily at PL* 

I’m looking at it more as its own thing, rather than comparing it to FiM and the Mane Six because I know that nothing will replace them. :wub:

• Brohoof 7

Moments ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Kimiko Glenn, Phil LaMarr, and Michael McKean are professional VAs.

Oh I know, I just meant that compared to FiM this cast is mostly celebrity voices. Sorry if I phrased it badly :crackle:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I suspect that most of them will reprise their roles.

I hope so. I’m really liking things so far!

• Brohoof 6

1 minute ago, Rainy Day said:

Oh I know, I just meant that compared to FiM this cast is mostly celebrity voices. Sorry if I phrased it badly :crackle:

Friendship is Magic and its movie featured:

- Patton Oswalt

- Lena Hall

- John De Lancie 

- Emily Blunt

- Zoe Saldana

- Sia

- Michael Pena

- etc.

The G1 Movie also had Danny DeVito. This is nothing new.

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Here is the rest of the cast.
(edited)

Yes! Thank god! Finally we got a trailer! Well, sort of, but hey I'll take what I can get.

Anyways, my thoughts on the trailer? Okay, now I'm getting fully intrigued! Not only we got the official cast of G5 movie, but also we got a confirmed title and release date: MLP A New Generation and it's coming to Netflix on September 24. Really looking forward to it.

Here's my analysis on the trailer: 

- The casting choices are pretty interesting. We two got two former Disney Channel actresses (Venessa Hudges from High School Musical and Sofia Caron from Decendents), One actor who used to play live action actor getting along with CGI animals (James Marsden from HOP 2011 and Sonic 2020), One actress who is a YouTuber(Liza Koshy), and one actress who used to played a character on Orange is A New Black(Kimiko Glenn). Out of all them, I can see Venessa and Liza can play off very well as Sunny Starscout and Zipp Storm since their personalities actually did make a lot of sense. Others? I'm gonna have to wait and see.

-We got a new logo. In my opinion, it looks very nice. Even though I'm gonna miss the old 2010 G4 logo, but I think it's about time for a new makeover.

-As for the animation? I really like it. It look very unique and colorful. The character expressions themselves are also a improvement. At first, I wasn't too crazy about it since the characters expressions looks WAY too Dreamworks and modern Disney for my liking. Here, they actually look expressive and very charming. And yes, I'm not gonna lie, Izzy Moonbow looks pretty cute. The background are nice even if it's a little brief. 

-Finally, like I mention before, MLP G5 Movie will be releasing on Netfilx Streaming on September 24th of this year. Would they rereleasing it on Discovery Family in the near future? Who knows. But then again, who cares?

Overall, even though I'm very underwhelmed by Hasbro's marketing for G5, but I'm glad we got a trailer because a lot of fans were anticipating for it for a while now. I'm very excited for what it is come. 

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 3

18 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Yes! Thank god! Finally we got a trailer! Well, sort of, but hey I'll take what I can get.

Anyways, my thoughts on the trailer? Okay, now I'm getting fully intrigued! Not only we got the official cast of G5 movie, but also we got a confirmed title and release date: MLP A New Generation and it's coming to Netflix on September 24. Really looking forward to it.

Here's my analysis on the trailer: 

- The casting choices are pretty interesting. We two got two former Disney Channel actresses (Venessa Hudges from High School Musical and Sofia Caron from Decendents), One actor who used to play live action actor getting along with CGI animals (James Marsden from HOP 2011 and Sonic 2020), One actress who is a YouTuber(Liza Koshy), and one actress who used to played a character on Orange is A New Black. Out of all them, I can see Venessa and Liza can play off very well as Sunny Starscout and Zipp Storm since their personalities actually did make a lot of sense. Others? I'm gonna have to wait and see.

-We got a new logo. In my opinion, it looks very nice. Even though I'm gonna miss the old 2010 G4 logo, but I think it's about time for a new makeover.

-As for the animation? I really like it. It look very unique and colorful. The character expressions themselves are also a improvement. At first, I wasn't too crazy about it since the characters expressions looks WAY too Dreamworks and modern Disney for my liking. Here, they actually look expressive and very charming. And yes, I'm not gonna lie, Izzy Moonbow looks pretty cute. The background are nice even if it's a little brief. 

-Finally, like I mention before, MLP G5 Movie will be releasing on Netfilx Streaming on September 24th of this year. Would they rereleasing it on Discovery Family in the near future? Who knows. But then again, who cares?

Overall, even though I'm very underwhelmed by Hasbro's marketing for G5, but I'm glad we got a trailer because a lot of fans were anticipating for it for a while now. I'm very excited for what it is come. 

To be fair, the underwhelming marketing is more on Netflix than Hasbro. 

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I’m looking at it more as its own thing, rather than comparing it to FiM and the Mane Six because I know that nothing will replace them.

Also, nopony and no other characters will ever replace Rarity, never! :wub:

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Thoughts? :Daydreaming:
Well, one thing is certain. I really dig the cast. :D Especially Vanessa (Who was a big part of my childhood with HSM) and James. (Who was also a big part of my childhood with Enchanted and more recently with Sonic. He’s actually filming Disenchanted about ten minutes away from me!) Are they a little bit too famous to be in MLP though? :lie: I asked myself that initially but then I remembered that the movie had Emily Blunt and Sia, so that’s not too much of a leap. I will miss having professional voice artists however.
The animation is sort of growing on me. The designs are still a bit off-putting and I’m also still furious about the phones but seeing them moving a bit more with the voices adds a bit more of an appeal. No Mane Six references though which was the thing I was really looking for. :(
Sunny seems to be the Twilight/Scootaloo, Izzy is very obviously the Pinkie, Hitch reminds me a little bit of Shining Armour, just a little bit, Pipp is sort of a Rarity/Diamond Tiara and Zipp seems to be a less loyal Rainbow Dash... ish. :dash:

I know this was more about revealing the cast rather than showing a lot of the locations or the story but what we got doesn’t look too bad. It’s not really trying to be FiM which is something that hurt me at first, but I’m slowly getting used to that fact. I wouldn’t really want a trendy FiM imitator either. *glares angrily at PL* 

I’m looking at it more as its own thing, rather than comparing it to FiM and the Mane Six because I know that nothing will replace them. :wub:

I myself like that it's a continuation of Friendship is Magic but isn't necessarily trying to rehash it. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Netflix is usually not great when it comes to promoting their content. They either do the bare minimum to raise public awareness or they make a disastrous first impression that sours people. 

True. Same could be also said with other studios, but that's a different discussion for another time.

5 minutes ago, Midnight Danny said:

Also, nopony and no other characters will ever replace Rarity, never! :wub:

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Me too. From this point forward, I'm gonna be looking at G5 as it's own thing rather than comparing it to it's predecessors because no one is gonna replaced G4, even my favorite characters.

• Brohoof 2