Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Twilight some people's favorite pony?

shimmerfluff

1737691113_download(2).jpeg.47017e3a48c055aa1ff3b76c7ae493fe.jpeg

This is just a general question for people who's favorite character is Twilight. Now i don't dislike twilight, I think she's a very intelligent pony who's very curious. But I'm interested in knowing why she's the favorite for some people. I think its interesting because usually in shows like mlp people really dislike the main character (e.g. bloom in winx club). What makes Twilight Sparkle different?

Edited by shimmerfluff
Changed picture and picture location
  • Brohoof 3

For me, she is pretty much the only relatable main character. Someone I have something in common. The others - not so much. I do not hate them or anything, just that if I was in a room with them, we woud not really have anything to talk about.

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, shimmerfluff said:

What makes Twilight Sparkle different?

Mostly character development. Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna have the most "support" from fans, but they also have backstories, and progress throughout the series. Many other ponies don't get that same attention (except for a few special episodes).

During the entire Season 1, we follow Twilight Sparkle. You get this feeling that we see the show from her point of view sometimes.

• Brohoof 5

41 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Mostly character development. Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna have the most "support" from fans, but they also have backstories, and progress throughout the series. Many other ponies don't get that same attention (except for a few special episodes).

During the entire Season 1, we follow Twilight Sparkle. You get this feeling that we see the show from her point of view sometimes.

ooh that's very interesting! makes sense to me, thank you!

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, shimmerfluff said:

1737691113_download(2).jpeg.47017e3a48c055aa1ff3b76c7ae493fe.jpeg

This is just a general question for people who's favorite character is Twilight. Now i don't dislike twilight, I think she's a very intelligent pony who's very curious. But I'm interested in knowing why she's the favorite for some people. I think its interesting because usually in shows like mlp people really dislike the main character (e.g. bloom in winx club). What makes Twilight Sparkle different?

Ah yes poor Bloom. I forgot how unpopular she is. She always gets ranked near the bottom. I mean I liked her but she isn’t my favorite Winx club member lol.

• Brohoof 2

While she isn't my favorite character, I can see why some would consider her to be their favorite. She can be relatable (mainly earlier on), she can be both fun and interesting, and she is the main character of the series. I think she was even my third favorite character in the show for the first few seasons (her character declined a bit to me after she became an alicorn though).

• Brohoof 1

Why wouldn't she be?

Faust gave each of the main characters personalities viewers could relate to (not just the mane 6, but also the Apples, the CMC and so forth.) - This was by design; FiM was to be a personality driven show, and more than half of the pitch bible is fleshing out the personalities of the cast.

image.png.b79555774dc7e070b6682b1b8df68d51.png

Even if you don't identify with her personally, it is hard not to feel for her as she struggles to both improve herself and do the "right thing" by her new friends.

• Brohoof 3

I like that she's "the smart one," and I've always found her interest in learning and her anxiety about failure more relatable than the other main characters. And the mane six are the best characters in the show, so that's saying something. 

• Brohoof 3

Twilight is not my top at the list by no means. (:orly: :pout:)  Yet she early on does show flaws in the show from ep one,  we get to see her grow,   fall on  her knee's and go to learn and grow from  it.   She is strong,  smart and caring and even admits when she makes a mistake.  Sadly in USA cartoons we don't see that too much these days or even a deep lore and investments into characters over all.   One of the many reasons I think MLP hit a high note much as it has on the fans even now. 

• Brohoof 3