Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Early Days

Artemisia

"Thank you Nyx." MaryAnne smiled. "I spilled a pot of boiling water on myself while cleaning up the tavern. I got burnt pretty bad. What do you have?"

"Nothing too serious." Nyx said, as he let go of her hoof and went to the storeroom. He came back with a green leaf that was close to the size of a bit.

"Before you go to sleep tonight, chew this leaf into a paste, then spread it onto the burn. Make sure you cover it all."

"Okay, but my clutzy self is your best business, and you wouldn't want to lose that would you?" She asked with a laugh. "Come by for a drink and a meal at the tavern anytime, my treat." She gave him a bit. "Have a nice night Nyx."

Lockhart just came back from a job. The man said this would be simple. It wasn't. Here forgot to say the target was a bandit leader. His swords were still bloody and his saddle filled with bits. At least he paid well. Lockhart saw a tavern in the distance. "Perfect" he said to himself.

MaryAnne left the apothecary shop in a good mood and headed back to her tavern. She saw a bloody young stallion standing nearby. "Ho there! Need a place to stay? You look like you need a mug of good ale and a good nights sleep."

"Two bits a night, but you better wash up first. You aren't going to ruin the sheets." She led him into the Tavern and Inn. "Welcome to the Alicorn Ale Tavern and Inn. Let me get you some food and ale while you clean up. Room 6 second floor." She said as she gave him a key.

MaryAnne raised her eyebrow. What strange behaviour...and what an odd character. She thought as she heated up some vegetable stew and brought out two mugs of ale for the two of them.

(edited)

Storm cloud stretched her wings. Of all tasks, the one she hated most was plowing. It was tiring and plows were designed for earth stallions and most certainly not for pegasus mares.

After making sure all of her feathers were unaffected by todays plowing session she walked off to the river which bordered the farm on the east side. She shivered as the chilly water touched her strained muscles. Just a few seconds later only her head poked out of the water washing of the sweat and causing her mind to wander.

The farm wasn't running bad, but the ground, buildings and tools had been expensive. When her parent's died, the farm and mortgage was all she inherited. After losing her job she hadn't been able to sell it and had no other choice but to sell her house in the city and move into the farm.

Only three more years, then the Mortgage was paid and she would be able to get back to a normal life. Her dreams were simple, she already had a home but wanted a family to share it with. Running the farm and working on it, there was way more work to be done than the laborers could do and bills had to be paid.

After her body temperature was back to normal she got out of the water, went into the barn to grab her saddlebags, and once those were secured on her back she headed to the city.

Even though it was harder to fly when carrying saddlebags filled with vegetables and fruits she preferred to use her wings for the fifteen minute flight over to the tavern. Once there, she crossed the door and headed straight to the counter.

With her muzzle already in her saddlebags she started talking "Hi Marianne! I have some stuff for you over here! " - she started checking the contents of the bags while she listed them - "Beans... tomatoes...apples... broccoli... That makes four bits!".

While she lifted out the carefully packed paper bags on the counter she noticed the mare behind it was busy preparing food. The smell of it was enough to summon a growling noise from behind her chest. Understanding what it meant she said "Oh, and I'm gonna need some of that stew! It smells delicious!".

Edited by rainbovv dash

Decan awoke in a cold sweat, he sat up then looked out the window,*The sun is still just setting*, He thought , *Im so tired and I just cant fall asleep, Im going to go for a walk* thought Decan as he got up out of bed he grabbed his old tattered cloak and put the room key into his pocket then grabbed the empty glass on the table and walked down to the bar. on his way down the stairs a unicorn covered in blood walked by,*I wonder what happened to him* thought Decan putting the glass down on the counter. he smiled at a pegasus as he walked out the tavern door.* now to get this cloak fixed up a bit,* Thought Decan as he walked toward the tailor. When he walked into the tailors shop he saw a pink mare staring at the door decan looked around and stared at it for a moment then looked back at the mare,"Um what are you looking at ?" He asked

"Just the door, I was waiting for it to open." Twinkie Pie said, taking her eyes off the door and blinking for once. "Hello." she added, realizing that someone had spoke, that it wasn't just a voice.

(I'll probably have the shortest RP entries of everypony else.)

Lockahrt cleaned the blood from himself and his sword, Yrthak, and put it back in it's stealh. He went back to innkeeper and took his mead. "Thank you kindly." He drank it all at once. "I'd like another!" Lockhart said, grinning. He put five bits on the table. "Will this be enough ?" He asked, with a grin.

(edited)

Storm Cloud noticed a white unicorn colt approaching to her left and interrupting her. Noticing the way he wanted to pay his bill and came to the conclusion that, whatever this weirdo did for a living, provided him with a lot of bits to spend. His proud looks told her that he would be easy to tease.

She pointed towards the glass he'd emptied with a single gulp and said "I bet you, this mare" - pointing at herself - "can outdrink you and even fly after that!" - lifting her wings and smirking produly at him.

[OOC - The word weirdo reflects the thoughts of Storm here, no offense meant XD]

Edited by rainbovv dash

(edited)

"Hahaha I do that sometimes, anywho I need my cloak patched here and there and I have never been that good at sewing," Decan said taking of his cloak,"Could you fix it ?" he asked as he put his cloak down on the counter.

Edited by Flame Dancer

Storm cloud extended a hoof, reaching out for the new glass of mead on the counter. She slowly put it on her lips, took a sip, then she moved her head towards his until her nose was close to his ear and then whispered "Better idea, you pay and if I lose" - emphasizing those words as if it was impossible - "I'll be your personal city guide tomorrow evening."

She sat on a stool next to the counter and her new found rival and took another sip from her glass filled with the sweet drink, then holding it close to her muzzle to take in the smell of the mead while waiting for the stallion's reaction.

He's pretty confident too, I guess he'll be a real challenge. I'd prefer to spend tomorrow evening flying, but I guess a walk around the town wouldn't be that bad. And I've got free drinks! YAY