Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E05 - Mane Melody

CastletonSnob

Whoa-o-oh-oh! :D Lo-o-ove it! :D

This episode can be described in two words: unadulterated fun. Very cartoony, yet grounded enough to make its simple conflict believable, and Pipp overcame it! The pacing here works beautifully!

But the very beginning, the minute-long jingle, is extremely catchy and really captures the essence of not just Pipp, but TYT as a whole. A catchy tune, Pipp's sheer confidence, and extremely uplifting.

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-04-16 at 11:23 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

Is it just me or does TyT Phyllis act kind of like a Karen? Maybe this world's version of Karens leaves reviews so bad the business closes. lol.

Except that Phyllis actually has enough social clout for her opinions to be taken seriously. She came off more as just the archetypal “tough critic” to me. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, nice to see that G5 has done nothing to update the ponies' attention spans, seeing as how everyone seems to have forgotten Phylis's role in lying to them, so why does her word still have enough clout to close down whole businesses?

2 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Well, nice to see that G5 has done nothing to update the ponies' attention spans, seeing as how everyone seems to have forgotten Phylis's role in lying to them, so why does her word still have enough clout to close down whole businesses?

It’s possible that in the immediate aftermath of the magic coming back, earth ponies were more likely to blame Sprout for lying to them since he was the one leading the charge to the lighthouse. Phyllis also seems to have disowned her own devices, doesn’t seem to harbor any general ill feelings toward unicorns and pegasi anymore, and at least went out of her way to try to distance herself from her son:

[Near the end]
Sprout:
Mommy, was I a good sheriff?

Phyllis: (stammering, then pointing abruptly skyward) Look! A flying dog!

All of these factors combined might have caused earth ponies to be more forgiving of Phyllis than one might expect (presuming they were made public). I also don’t expect long-held attitudes to go a full 180 completely overnight in for large groups of people. You may be right that people won’t listen to Phyllis as much anymore, but it’s early enough in the development that others might doubt a little that not everyone is completely with the new order, and thus behave according to the old reality even if they don’t want to believe that’s the case. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have much to say about this episode.  However what I can say is that so far I'm rather enjoying the music coming out of this series.  When we heard snippets of the Mane Melody song in the trailer for Tell Your Tale, I was waiting for when we would get to hear the full version, and I honestly have to say that when it finally came in this episode, it didn't disappoint.  It's really fun and catchy, and grew on me a lot after repeated listening.  I do wish it was a bit longer as it did feel like it cut off abruptly, but either way I still enjoyed it.  And it's not even just the songs that I find to be noteworthy.  When watching this episode I noticed that I also enjoyed the background music here as well.  They have this whole Steven Universe-esque chiptune going for them that I find to be really charming.

• The title was changed to S01:E05 - Mane Melody