Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is it that makes you wonder?

D1SC0RD

What is it that amazes you and makes you curious?

For me, it is our brain. If you think about it, we are walking, talking bodies made of meat, and our brain is made of meat too. What makes me wonder is how that lump of meat in our skull developed a consciousness. How does such a material store memories, information, remember faces, feel emotion and control other pieces of meat that make up our bodies? Dunno, just makes me wonder.

Do you guys find anything to be captivating and mysterious at the same time, or am I alone on this one?

• Brohoof 2

Dreams :) I lucid dream, and it made me aware of the powers it can do. You can ask your subconcious deep questions and get a true answer! Dreams are pretty amazing, and that's why I love lucid dreams so much!

Btw lucid dreaming is self aware dreaming :)

• Brohoof 1

Everything that science can't explain makes me wonder. Sentience. The meaning of life (inb4 some1 says 42). The entire universe. It's all so wonderful to think about! :D

That shuffling discord in the sig piques my curiosity and simultaneously amazes me. I have low standards...

Seriously though, it has to be yours truly. I both admire and fear myself, I work for and against myself, I serve and sabotage myself. Also I perceive the same thing in others, and the favorable side can be provoked with certain conditions. The act of said provocation is known as propaganda.

• Brohoof 1

Lucid dreaming is high on my list, as well. But one thing that gets me wondering is what the afterlife will be like. Will there be a sort of place for good souls and bad souls? Will we all just sit in limbo? Maybe we all become ghosts. Maybe nothing will even happen after death. This is a reason I do not wish for others to mourn me when I pass, for I will find out the answer to a question I've been wondering me entire life!

• Brohoof 1

Besides the obvious stuff (Life, human nature, the universe, etc. Who isn't fascinated by these?)

Plants are an insane curiosity of mine. I suppose I have a bit of trouble grasping the concept of something being alive, and not having brains or nervous systems or instincts, things like that. But beyond that, the millions upon millions of different species and where they thrive, how they interact with their ecosystems, their lifespan, colors, peculiarities, blooming patterns - the list is endless. It's all so incredibly beautiful and wondrous, it almost seems like a fairy tale to me that plants exist.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. There are some things I'm always wondering about.

How did the universe come about?

How does our brain have a consciousness?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Really interesting stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I end up staring deeply into the fabric of carpet or the wood of a pencil, and just marvel at the complexity of it. How finely detailed the entire world is is, honestly, absolutely insane.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm.... Lets see...

1.The wonders of Science.

2.The meaning of existence

3.The wonders of Life.

4. The wonders of the universe.

5. Artificial Intelligence

6.The multiverse theory.

7. Aliens

8.Paradoxes

9. The way the connections between neurons in the brain produce thought

10. Portals. (I had to put this on the list)

11. Black Holes

12. Stars

13. Radiation

14. Computers

15. Is time travel possible?

Edited by GLaMOS (AceCord)

(edited)

VY Canis Majoris (the largest known star).

And I guess what would happen if we reached / passed through the edge of our constantly expanding universe -- is it like a pac-man map where we just end up on the opposite side, or what?

The brain is pretty interesting, too...

Edited by Guest

(edited)

I cannot fathom my own non-existance, and I'm pretty sure you all can't either.

I don't mean just imagining the world if you were never born. No, I mean percieving the complete, and proper absense of your own self. The very fact that you exist stops you from ever reaching this. You can perhaps argue that sleep or unconciousness is the answer here, but considering that your brain is quite active while you are asleep, and the existance of dreams makes me argue against that.

I find that very very...wonder-inducing.

Edited by Blackcat
  • Brohoof 1

What is it that amazes you and makes you curious?

For me, it is our brain. If you think about it, we are walking, talking bodies made of meat, and our brain is made of meat too. What makes me wonder is how that lump of meat in our skull developed a consciousness. How does such a material store memories, information, remember faces, feel emotion and control other pieces of meat that make up our bodies? Dunno, just makes me wonder.

Do you guys find anything to be captivating and mysterious at the same time, or am I alone on this one?

Same. But the universe makes me think too, as far as out of this world.

I cannot fathom my own non-existance, and I'm pretty sure you all can't either.

I don't mean just imagining the world if you were never born. No, I mean percieving the complete, and proper absense of your own self. The very fact that you exist stops you from ever reaching this. You can perhaps argue that sleep or unconciousness is the answer here, but considering that your brain is quite active while you are asleep, and the existance of dreams makes me argue against that.

I find that very very...wonder-inducing.

Unless they've contributed something memorably beneficial / horrible, I doubt it would make much of a difference in the world if they hadn't existed. If I died now, what difference would it make in Africa? :U

(edited)

I have an issue with paradoxes but I'm always thinking about them...

Posted Image

Sometimes I end up staring deeply into the fabric of carpet or the wood of a pencil, and just marvel at the complexity of it. How finely detailed the entire world is is, honestly, absolutely insane.

And then it gets even more intense when you consider that each of those intricately detailed items consists of molecules, which are in turn made up of atoms, which in turn contain subatomic particles. The same applies to us humans, who are even more insanely intricate. Life is an amazing thing, when you really think about it.

Edited by MasterCombine
  • Brohoof 2