Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy in S3

Rosariobook

(edited)

Anybody else hoping that Derpy will get more than one episode in season 3?

Allow me to explain what i meant. i'm hoping that Derpy gets lines like in the episode "the last round up"

Edited by Rosariobook
  • Brohoof 1

A whole episode to Derpy?

I don't like her that much...let her stay in the background.

I agree, when they had Derpy talk, it made her canon and a bit less fun to notice hiding somewhere.

The Last Roundup was truly epic, in that it was the first major shout out to us bronies by the creators of the show. That brief moment where Derpy was officially named was truly validating for us all, and showed just how much attention we had garnered with DHX.

That being said, with the Derpygate nonsense that ensued, I don't imagine Hasbro is willing to take any chances offending the disabled community by airing her name again. While I still think the whole "ablist" bit is complete and utter nonsense (I have a disabled child, for Celestia's sake, and he thinks Derpy is awesome), Hasbro has to be careful or risk a smear campaign on the 24 hour "news" (I use the term loosely these days) networks.

As a side note, I still suspect that the whole anti-Derpy bit was a troll.

• Brohoof 4

i'd love to see derpy return to her normal silly self like in 'luna eclipsed' and 'the last roundup' with maybe three lines, but i don't know where an episode featuring her would go.

I'd rather see her in the background but this time, a bit more easy to see and not like 'where's waldo?'. Maybe even come in the spotlight for a few seconds but not say anything.

What I really want to see is, her being the mailmare and maybe shown putting letters in the letterboxes?

Anyone?

• Brohoof 1

A whole episode to Derpy?

I don't like her that much...let her stay in the background.

Indeed. Gonna go out on a limb and put my on my hate shield when I say that I don't understand the huge hype about her. Yeah it's funny that she looks and was named after being 'derpy' but eh. Background pony is background pony for me. Main characters and support character episodes please. Need more Luna, need Dash and Scootaloo bonding, need lots and lots of things from my view. I enjoy seeing Derpy all the time in the BG, but that too, is where she should stay imo ^^

(edited)

I think that she should maybe get another good seen or two with her talking, but other then that she should stay as a background pony, so all of us can spend the entire rerun episodes looking for her like we did on the other seasons.

Edited by EWAN
  • Brohoof 1

i heard a rumor that in season 3 derpy will get a full episode about her, (i bet we will go wild when it happens) but they might change her name because of soccer moms T.T

i heard a rumor that in season 3 derpy will get a full episode about her, (i bet we will go wild when it happens) but they might change her name because of soccer moms T.T

This old rumor again huh? Yeah, that was confirmed to be false.

Not to call either of you liars, but has there been any confirmed word one way or another from an official source(Hub, Hasbro, or DHX) on the subject?

Not to call either of you liars, but has there been any confirmed word one way or another from an official source(Hub, Hasbro, or DHX) on the subject?

then again it is just a rumor

(edited)

Hmmm. I thought there was something offical about it. Nothing at all, I found. BUT I do distinctly remember this rumor from about 2 months ago as a result of a false Wikipedia edit. Big stuff back then, but now almost universally thought of as bullshit. You could probably find something about it on this very forum if you searched for it, I'm sure of it.

...Or at least, that is how I remember it happening.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone