Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Interest in people wishing a commissioned Mine Little Pony Skin?

Killian Jones

Why hello there.

I am going to crowd source if people are OK with the idea of me making a topic where you can commission me (for a small price) to make a Mine Little Pony skin of your original character. The point is to perhaps make a little money for myself and give other people the ability to trot around with a nice looking skin of their own character.

Do remember, MineCraft is not particularly high resolution. And I can only go so far.

I am looking at a price point of about 3 dollars for people if people want it. Of course I will donate a part of that money towards the forums if it does take off.

So my question is, are there people interested in this. I am willing to even do improvements on existing skins which you have made. So anyone merely interested, a real commission topic will follow if I see interest in this.

• Brohoof 2

I would be totally interested if I could do it. But I can't. So I'll spread the thread around to a few other brony friends who aren't members of the Forums and get them to do it! (I'm very convincing.)

Great idea!

A little update, here are the ones I made previous

Posted Image

From left to right: Silver Arrow, Kyronea (Thought Bubble), Tich, Feld0 and Midnightive.

Just to show what i already made.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, but I think the community ain't really into this "for small price" thing. People actually do this kind of stuff for their community for free. And this might be illegal in some way. Selling skins for game someone else made and to be more accurate, you are selling skins for mod someone else made for game someone else made.

Sorry, but this doesn't seem very legal.

Don't get offended, but I think you should remove the price part. :) For the sake of the community. Let's not ruin this great community with money.

(edited)

Sorry, but I think the community ain't really into this "for small price" thing. People actually do this kind of stuff for their community for free. And this might be illegal in some way. Selling skins for game someone else made and to be more accurate, you are selling skins for mod someone else made for game someone else made.

Don't get offended, but I think you should remove the price part. :) For the sake of the community. Let's not ruin this great community with money.

The way I look at it is that Tich creates art. He sells you that art. You can either keep that art on your desktop, or use it in a game with his permission, such as Minecraft.

Plus, the new Commissions Topic is for selling and buying art, so people are going to want to make a quick buck. Plus, it supports the forums.

Edited by Adam the Super Bronizoid

This is the last I will say on this matter, but I will clarify.

The reason I made this topic was to ask if people were interested in getting skins for a price, I am unsure of this myself. if people are interested, I will go ahead and make an actual topic to request them.

There are people with loads of free time and patience to sort through this. I however do not wish to go through a large pile of requests as I simply don't have the time to do so, nor do I wish to half arse it and make an ugly skin that someone could be dissatisfied with. or make something which is simply too basic.

I never read anywhere where it is illegal to sell a service, I am mostly selling the service of creating the Mine Little Pony skin for someone's character. And I spend more time on it then I would make actually doing a job, so claiming I am not the least bit generous is wrong, But I don't want to force anyone to buy his service, but I am willing to provide it.

Please don't insinuate I am actually selling skins, because I am not holding onto skins and regurgitating them every time someone asks, each skin is personalized.

If I removed the price part, I would remove the whole thing all together and simply not do it. If others want to do this for free, then they are allowed to make a topic for it, I do not claim authority or claim sole propitiatory over making Mine Little Pony skins. I merely wish to support the forums and provide a service. Even if I decide to take a small cut. I wish server owners and general society would agree with you and not let anything be "ruined" by money, but everything costs money, I ask what I feel is very little. And for what very little I get, I will give most of it away.

The reason I made this topic was to ask if people were interested in getting skins for a price, I am unsure of this myself. if people are interested, I will go ahead and make an actual topic to request them.

There are people with loads of free time and patience to sort through this. I however do not wish to go through a large pile of requests as I simply don't have the time to do so, nor do I wish to half arse it and make an ugly skin that someone could be dissatisfied with. or make something which is simply too basic.

I never read anywhere where it is illegal to sell a service, I am mostly selling the service of creating the Mine Little Pony skin for someone's character. And I spend more time on it then I would make actually doing a job, so claiming I am not the least bit generous is wrong, But I don't want to force anyone to buy his service, but I am willing to provide it.

Please don't insinuate I am actually selling skins, because I am not holding onto skins and regurgitating them every time someone asks, each skin is personalized.

If I removed the price part, I would remove the whole thing all together and simply not do it. If others want to do this for free, then they are allowed to make a topic for it, I do not claim authority or claim sole propitiatory over making Mine Little Pony skins. I merely wish to support the forums and provide a service. Even if I decide to take a small cut. I wish server owners and general society would agree with you and not let anything be "ruined" by money, but everything costs money, I ask what I feel is very little. And for what very little I get, I will give most of it away.

Belive me, if you offered making normal minecraft skins for free, then I would understand your reason to ask money. No-one likes rushed art, but with thing like MLP skins for minecraft mod, having free time is not a problem. There won't be enough requests for you to get overbooked with making the skins.

However, if this topic gets popular you can always look for helpful artists. I bet you could easily find people to help you draw some skins.

I don't want to offend you in any way. I just don't like the idea of paying money for fan art. It just doesn't seem very legit. Try to do this again with normal minecraft skins if you wan't some "customers".

Again I don't want to offend you in anyway or form. I just think I sound like im doing so.

Now's my chance to advertise for making people skins on minecraft for mine little pony, lol jk, but no one's going to buy skins when there's a website full of skins for free of charge to download.

• 9 years later...
On 2012-06-19 at 12:02 PM, equardos? said:

Belive me, if you offered making normal minecraft skins for free, then I would understand your reason to ask money. No-one likes rushed art, but with thing like MLP skins for minecraft mod, having free time is not a problem. There won't be enough requests for you to get overbooked with making the skins.

However, if this topic gets popular you can always look for helpful artists. I bet you could easily find people to help you draw some skins.

I don't want to offend you in any way. I just don't like the idea of paying money for fan art. It just doesn't seem very legit. Try to do this again with normal minecraft skins if you wan't some "customers".

Again I don't want to offend you in anyway or form. I just think I sound like im doing so.

"don't like the idea of paying money for fan art." This is called a commission, and it's common practice. I've commissioned a few mlp fan arts with my own characters. I can't speak to the legality of commissioning skins for a mod, but the MineLP community acts as if it's pretty normal for more involved skins, and that's actually the reason I found this thread.

Uhh not of my oc there aren't. I gurantee the character I've told two people about is not a MineLP skin... Yet.

• Brohoof 1