Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WANTED: Musically Inclined Brony

Sweets

(edited)

Hiya! You know how some of the awesome musical Bronies write songs and do the instrumentals for 'em... Well, Sweets don't roll that way. I do thing different. I am a singer, who has written a song, but has no talent with instruments whatsoever! I would love to put this song up on YouTube with some cool cover art, but unfortunately, I'm unable to make the music myself.

Does anypony want to make beautiful music with Li'l ole me? :)

I'll give you the song lyrics in GoogleDocs. The Parts in yellow are what I like. Feel free to use another color to highlight what you like, or dislike. Critique from a potential partner is welcome!

I'm looking for the song to have a quick, Swing/Jazz feel to it. I'll gladly sing part of it for you on Skype, and I'll even accept changes suggested!

Please help me out? It would be SO appreciated! :wub: Please show a piece of music you have done, and I'll get back to you about the song. If you ARE going to highlight, please use different colors, and let me know what colors you've used!

Song: https://docs.google....JOBY/edit?pli=1

Parasprites Full.mp3

Don’t feed the Parasprites

They give you grief and strife

They may just end your life

Don’t feed those Parasprites.

You see ‘em swarming

Through the skies

Don’t you dare believe

Their silent lies

You may love ‘em

They’re cute as can be

But take one home

And you will see...

One and Two and Four and Eight

They’ll eat your dinner-

Even the plate!

They’ll multiply before your eyes

Now’s the time to say goodbye...

You think you can get ‘em to go?

Don’t say I didn’t tell you so!

(Music, munching and Ponies screaming)

(5 seconds of silence)

Within a day

You’ve got a swarm

It’s always that way

When somepony’s warned.

You look at me with frigthened gaze

And ask me how I’ve learned.

(spoken) Well, *dry chuckle* I’ll tell you...

I fed the Parasprites,

I knew it wasn’t right!

But the little guy was starvin’ out there

If I could go back

I would, I swear!

I fed the Parasprites,

They gave me grief and strife.

So now I’m making right

Wan’dring from town to town

To make sure they don’t chew it down

Learn this lesson

from my life;

Don’t believe

Everything you see

And you’ll be better off than me.

... Yes, you'll be off better than me...

Cover Artist: Mayuen!

Edited by Sweets

(edited)

I can help with drums. I got some sweet VSTs for drums. You say you want it to be jazzy? I'll do a little demo of jazzy drums and post it here when I'm done, mkay?

EDIT: I read the last little bit about shwoing a piece of music I've already done, so here ya go.

One of my first MLP-based songs.

ANOTHER EDIT: Um, some of us don't use Skype, so could you upload the vocal tracks here? I mean... if it's okay with you. :blush:

Edited by <letterONE>

(edited)

I'm up for the job! I play (and record) bass, guitar and clari and also do electronic production etc etc. I can make the main mix if you want to:) add me on skype: david_rinman

by the way, I have none of my acoustic 'swing/jazz' work recorded to show you, but I have experience of those generes

Edited by WiponCat

Google Docs doesn't work for me in China, but I play violin! (and a bit of flute.)

Aaaaand that's about it.

On the other hand, (NOTE: SHAMELESS BRAGGING RIGHT HERE :P) I've been known to play just about anything by ear. So if you want something learned quick, I can definitely do whatever :)

I have knowledge on Jazz theory and understanding on chord structure similar to bands like Steely Dan and Dire Straits. I play Guitar and would like to know if there would be other guitarists interested in this project. Before signing up.

Okay, let it be known I have no CLUE about chords or music theory. I'm gonna rely on the chosen brony very heavily ^^;

Okay, let it be known I have no CLUE about chords or music theory. I'm gonna rely on the chosen brony very heavily ^^;

Thats Ok. Do you think Hendrix knew what he was doing? :P Do you think you could upload a video or something of you singing it?

okay so you've chosen already? too bad. Well, good luck anyways! :)

Oh no! I haven't chosen anyone yet. I'm just saying when I do choose, I'll rely on them a lot for the music.

Very interesting lyrics I must say. Secondly sorry to just randomly jump in when I actually have no real talent with music, but I was meaning to ask if you are interested in help with cover art too, maybe the video itself?

I would happily help with that if that is needed :blush:

I have yet to do much Pony-related art, if that is what you're seeking, but I have other art on my dA --> http://mayuen.deviantart.com

If you want examples of videos I have two youtube channels:

http://youtube.com/user/Mayuen02 (for own animations, UTAU and MMD)

http://youtube.com/user/Mayuge94 (for slideshows and AMVs)

Just ignore me if you aren't seeking anyone for this.

Very interesting lyrics I must say. Secondly sorry to just randomly jump in when I actually have no real talent with music, but I was meaning to ask if you are interested in help with cover art too, maybe the video itself?

I would happily help with that if that is needed :blush:

I have yet to do much Pony-related art, if that is what you're seeking, but I have other art on my dA --> http://mayuen.deviantart.com

If you want examples of videos I have two youtube channels:

http://youtube.com/user/Mayuen02 (for own animations, UTAU and MMD)

http://youtube.com/user/Mayuge94 (for slideshows and AMVs)

Just ignore me if you aren't seeking anyone for this.

Well, first off, I'm definitely NOT just gonna ignore you ^.~ you took your time to reply to this. Secondly, I appreciate your willingness to help with the art very much! I could just HUG you! In fact... *HUG!* :wub:

I'll talk to ya more over private message or Instant message, if you want, My AIM, Yahoo, and Skype are on my profile. I'm always more than happy to have you. Yay for art collaboration!

• Brohoof 1

Well, first off, I'm definitely NOT just gonna ignore you ^.~ you took your time to reply to this. Secondly, I appreciate your willingness to help with the art very much! I could just HUG you! In fact... *HUG!* :wub:

I'll talk to ya more over private message or Instant message, if you want, My AIM, Yahoo, and Skype are on my profile. I'm always more than happy to have you. Yay for art collaboration!

Aww *hugs back* I'm happy! :blush:

I don't have either AIM or Yahoo, though I tried to add you on Skype but I can't seem to find you there...

Maybe you can try to add me? If that is not a bother. I'll message you my Skype just in case.

Looks good~

As you know, I play the guitar, and you have heard me play a little (though, the interference might have tweaked the sound a little in one way or another...).

As for recording, I'm planning on getting a sound-card soon. That way I can plug my guitar right into my PC, and the sound should be way cleaner and clearer~

See/talk to you on Skype if you like the idea!

By popular demand, the vocals without any instrumentals have been put up in the original post, with the lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody here does piano?! I do! I can help you, but it would take a little while. But I do know about music, such as the musical alphabet, reading sheet music, and writing music. I tried teaching myself guitar, but I stopped. I can always start again. I sing too, but I'm very reserved about it. Hope you find your music man (or woman).

Nobody here does piano?! I do! I can help you, but it would take a little while. But I do know about music, such as the musical alphabet, reading sheet music, and writing music. I tried teaching myself guitar, but I stopped. I can always start again. I sing too, but I'm very reserved about it. Hope you find your music man (or woman).

Well, with the style of music the song is put to, I think a piano would be a good idea. I will definitely be needing your help, so it looks like I have a whole team in the works XD

Well, with the style of music the song is put to, I think a piano would be a good idea. I will definitely be needing your help, so it looks like I have a whole team in the works XD

I'd be happy to help with the piano too, if you're still looking. I've composed a few piano rags (sort of jazz-ish, I guess) so I guess I could adapt whatever skills I have there for your song.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE, FOLKS:

I think I'm a little too nice, but... I'm not looking for people who can play instruments. That's great, but... I'm looking for a Brony who can mix music on the computer. Synthetic instruments and all. You're all awesome, and I appreciate you volunteering your time for this though I'm not really looking for an orchestra, heheh.

Thanks again, bt... Yea. One Brony who can mix digital music. S'all I need.