Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Love and Tolerate - Good Or Bad? *MATURE*

Dragonshy

26 users have voted

1. 1. Love And Tolerate

• We should not disagree with them.
    • We should disagree and explain to them who we really are.

Some feel the need to stick up for their ideals and opinions, even against those who try and annoy them on purpose. If you don't then you're the ignore type. Carry on and prosper.

I realize that. I'm just interested in knowing what you feel you accomplish when you respond to someone that does not care about what you have to say, and is seeking only to make you waste your time responding to him. It could be argued that by giving them what they clearly want, you are, in effect 'losing' your 'battle' :blink:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I realize that. I'm just interested in knowing what you feel you accomplish when you respond to someone that does not care about what you have to say, and is seeking only to make you waste your time responding to him. It could be argued that by giving them what they clearly want, you are, in effect 'losing' your 'battle' :blink:

Because lots of people argue back to trolls to accomplish all sorts of things. Some try and outwit them and make their efforts look stupid to the vast amount of viewers of the webpage around them, others fight back seriously with logic and facts, even when they may or may not know that it's effectively a loosing battle, because again, it's not a matter of win or loose to them, it's about honor. They may personally feel that leaving them to hate with no one to challenge their opinion is the true loss. The list goes on.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Heres someone reading an article about love and tolerate. While its not really siding on either side, it explains more about love and tolerate and its connection with the show. Maybe it will help you decide. :)

I'm personally against using loving and tolerating as our motto. Its ok to love and tolerate on certain occasions, but not all the time.

I'm not a brony because of the show. I'm a brony because of the amazing content the show's community produces. If people come to me saying they have a problem with it, that's their own business. If they attempt to slander my name and discredit my acts, that becomes my business. If my cynicism towards others reveals itself to be true, then why should I respond with open arms? Personally, my arms will be folded and fists raised. "Love and tolerate" means nothing to me. I am free to do as I please -- I live in a country that allows me to think in such a manner. I conduct myself the way I like and handle things the way I see fit. If I decide to love and tolerate, it will be of my own accord -- not because a fanbase that follows a children's show wishes it.

All that is need to do in those kinds of situations is give them a explanation of what it is we are and what we do and correct said hater or troll on what was misconstrued. I would suggest doing it with as little anger as possible so they can't get a good feeling out of making you feel bad which is their overall goal. You shouldn't feed the fire and the Love and Tolerate slogan really means kill with kindness. Give them no reason to hate and you give no reason for them to retaliate.

But that is just me hope this clarified somethings.

Ultimately, what does responding to hate with hate get anyone? It's a waste of energy, the people that seek to troll bronies or pony sites aren't going to be offended when they get flamed or insulted - they're going to be amused, because that is the reaction that they want.

Why respond to such people at all? Why waste your time and energy arguing with someone that is, quite frankly, not worth arguing with? Why not report the person making hate filled comments and such to whatever moderation staff exists on the site in question?

Now, with that said I do not feel that 'Love and Tolerate' is the same as 'Be a doormat', rather I would take it as meaning 'Don't respond to raging idiots by being, yourself, a raging idiot'

A person with the rank ''Alicorn'' and is NOT feld0?? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!

Good job! Loving and tolerating just doesn't work anymore. Sure, it's a good code to live by and loosely stick to but if someone attacks you verbally, physically, emotionally, or however else you can get hurt, retaliate. I always make my argument and never revisit that conversation again. I prove them wrong, prove myself right, and leave them to wallow in their own "success." I'm just glad that I'm able to make so many people happy on a daily basis!

Loving and tolerating isnt being helpless, you love what is, and tolerate everything else. Where is helplessness and being a 'fag' in that?

I consider myself to be a follower of Love and tolerate motto, and I explain it's meaning to myself like this :

Think of people as of essentially good beings. Do not let their flaws, be it stupidity, be it attention-whoring or be it ignorance, blind you and make you hate them or rage at them. Defend yourself and your ideals if needed, but do not hate people for their ignorance.

I find it easier and less annoying do deal with trolls and haters with this in mind.

I personally dont do "Love and Tolerate", per se. I tolerate until someone says something bad about a fellow Brony friend of mine, but then all bets are off and I'm trying to use logic to either confuse or outsmart them. I like using big words and tend to sleep with a Dictionary under my pillow, so that comes in handy confusing them. Thats just me, tho. "I'm a lover not a fighter, but I'll fight for what I love."