Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should talk about hate Stop?

CapnKrunk

46 users have voted

1. 1. Should we stop talking about hate?

• Yes
    • no
    • Depends
    • Who ever made this is stupid

Yeah, I'd be ok if we quit talking about hate, cus hate'nisbadmkaaaaaaaay? And anyway we're here to talk about ponies, and ponies aren't about hate are they? Naw. There may be folks that hate ponies, but we're not here to talk about them. Or their hate for ponies. It's all about the ponies. Haters gonna hate, haters can fsk off :D I have no reason to waste my time on them, or their negativity. There are better things in life to focus on than hate. Or haters. LIKE PONIES.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'd be ok if we quit talking about hate, cus hate'nisbadmkaaaaaaaay? And anyway we're here to talk about ponies, and ponies aren't about hate are they? Naw. There may be folks that hate ponies, but we're not here to talk about them. Or their hate for ponies. It's all about the ponies. Haters gonna hate, haters can fsk off :D I have no reason to waste my time on them, or their negativity. There are better things in life to focus on than hate. Or haters. LIKE PONIES.

This girl speaks the truth. Like, in all honesty, who cares if other people "hate" what we do. It's our lives and we can do whatever we want to do, plus we aren't really affecting the lives of others that much soooo yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Hate has become such a terribly vague concept on the internet these days, especially in the context it's being used here. What do you mean by "hate"? Dissent? Disagreement? Name-calling? Or are you referring solely to straight-up trolling? I'm just not sure what qualifies as "hate", since almost any form of disagreement tends to get labeled as such at one point or another.

Me, personally? There are things that grind my gears, certainly, and I think it's valuable to talk about them. But I'll never HATE someone just because they disagree with me or don't like something I do; they'd have to do more than that. I think when an argument or discussion devolves into nothing but vulgar insults and ad hominems is when it pretty much stops being worth wasting time on.

Here's the way I look at it. We're on a message board, on the Internet. And because of that, and because of the fact that people are passionate about what they like, you're going to have arguments. And yes, sometimes they'll get out of control (though not often on this site, when compared to others). That's why we have mods to keep things in check.

What alot of people have to realize is that the Internet is not always sunshine and rainbows. There's going to be disagreements, there's going to be topics that you might not like, and there's going to be posts that look like rants. And I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this is the Internet. That's the way the cookie crumbles. If you spend all your time worrying about each and every little thing, you'll just go insane.

Edited by SBaby