Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should talk about hate Stop?

CapnKrunk

46 users have voted

1. 1. Should we stop talking about hate?

• Yes
    • no
    • Depends
    • Who ever made this is stupid

I was Just wondering what you guys think of this?

In MY OPINION.I think it should.Because one time I was derping on the forums.I stumbled across a topic talking about this hater situation thingy (I forgot the name of the thread).But the bad thing about that thread was it got locked.So took a quick look at the post and the mods post.Guess what?The thread got locked because a flame war started. Dont you see.These people are turning us against each other without us even knowing.I say we should make this the last hate dealing thread ever to be created on this thread.But we CANT COMPLETLY stop it.At least reduce it.

(edited)

Hate is a part of life and will always be. People should do their best to not let it consume them, but it would be near impossible to ask of people to rid themselves of it completely. Flame wars occur because given the situation and the people involved, immaturity eventually gets the better of others and that immaturity leads to the flaming.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Whether they stopped or not they are not topics I prefer to talk about. Jimmies get rustled easier in topics like them I'm afraid. Like the 'Life Advice' section as a whole, I usually stay away from those discussions. Not always, but usually. I'd so much rather discuss Discord's swag or Dashie's cuteness in the Show Discussion and Sugarcube Corner forums, anyway.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

Umh, I'm not sure. Doesn't really seem right to me to stop certain kind of discussion completely because there might be a flamewar.

I say, let these topic be, watch them carefully and extinguish the flamewars when they start, not before.

It can not just not be acknowledged. If we all started acting like hate wasn't there, then it would be like acting as if death were not real, and that would be ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

This is the internet, flame wars are invevitable anywhere you go. To claim that we should stop a type of thread from being posted, or even the discussion of such in general, just to stop flame wars is moot unless you plan on stopping all threads which could become a source of flame wars.

Thus, if you feel like closing all the threads immediately and keeping all new ones from being posted, by all means proceed. :mellow:

it depends on what you see as hate is it just when a hater shows up and start talking about there negative opinion towards bronies (because i have negative opinions towards bronies)

or just when a situation becomes a flame war because that can happen between bronies aswell.

also why are we talking about this when there are better things to talk about like why Discord is awesome and what would happen if Derpy just went crazy.

(edited)

Depends, if people are taking the arguments personally and insulting and berating eachother, then it would be nice if they could understand that other people have different opinions than they do and not take it so goddam personally. If they're just having a civil argument, then I don't see the problem. Though, internet flamewars are often amusing, I like watching people get pissed off over stupid shit :).

Edited by Pegasus25

(edited)

Nah, I think it's quite funny to see what haters says sometimes.

And much more stuff. .......damn I am lazy today..

Edited by Mr. Pillow

flame wars start, there isn't anything you can do about. after all this is the internet. Just as long you don't get involved you should be fine

• 1 month later...

I think it should, because all it does is aggravate people and start problems(but people enjoy hateful trolling). But will it ever be stopped? Of course not. Why? Because people enjoy causing problems and making people upset (Unless the forum or topic itself was made for hateful trolling)

Yes I think hate should stop. It is possible to have a healthy discussion/debate without it escalating into petty insults and being nasty to someone just because they share a different opinion to you or misunderstood something or whatever.

The problem is that if we stop discussions about certain issues whenever there are flame wars, we just become another Serebii. It'll start with haters, then it'll spread to other things that cause arguments, like topics that criticize FiM. Eventually, you'll find yourself walking on eggshells to avoid the banhammer.

That's what happens when forums start banning discussions about different issues.

YES!

I mean... yes, because I really don't think it serves anyone any good to talk about it... It is the internet though, and it is a dark and sometimes dreary place...

I rarely get into fights on the internet, but sometimes, if a guy really pisses me off, I can't resist. You really can't avoid hate, it's everywhere you go and will be for the rest of your life.