Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did Spike come from?

Cherry Blossom

(edited)

Okay there might already be a topic or answer to this, but where did Princess Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns get their hands on Spike while he was still in his baby dragon egg?

Was he an orphan or something? Was he lost during dragon migration?

Edited by SnowPegasus

It all happened when the daddy dragon and the mommy dragon loved the eachother very much..

Well, either the egg was stolen, found randomly, conjured, or a friendly dragon gave it to them? It would be nice if they revealed this answer.

• Brohoof 2

My guess would be that there was an abandoned Dragon Nest with some Dragon Eggs. Assuming the eggs were somehow un-fertilized, they brought the egg to the School for Twilight to try and hatch it. (Referring to someone else's theory) Twilight could have fertilized the egg herself, infusing some of her DNA into the egg, which could explain why Spike has no wings.

• Brohoof 2

Well when a mommy dragon and a daddy dragon love each other very much.... yeah i'll stop there the egg mostlikely fell out of its nest and was found by sompony.

Celesia had nothing do with the spike egg it was given to Twilight by a unknown pony

(edited)

An egg was given to Twilight Sparkle for her to magically induce the hatching of for her entrance exam at the Royal Magic Academy (I think that's the right name) in Canterlot. After a few grueling minutes of failure, a young Rainbow Dash in Clousdale performed her first Sonic Rainboom. The resulting shock wave triggered a sudden outburst of magical power from Twilight, during said outburst, the egg was hatched revealing a baby dragon.

Here's the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBJ4e6MeTfA&list=FL4XNN16trB2Gcjx6mZ7lmMw&index=68&feature=plpp_video

Edited by Red

My guess would be that there was an abandoned Dragon Nest with some Dragon Eggs. Assuming the eggs were somehow un-fertilized, they brought the egg to the School for Twilight to try and hatch it. (Referring to someone else's theory) Twilight could have fertilized the egg herself, infusing some of her DNA into the egg, which could explain why Spike has no wings.

Are you saying that Twilight is Spike's father? :o

An egg was given to Twilight Sparkle for her to magically induce the hatching of for her entrance exam at the Royal Magic Academy (I think that's the right name) in Canterlot. After a few grueling minutes of failure, a young Rainbow Dash in Clousdale performed her first Sonic Rainboom. The resulting shock wave triggered a sudden outburst of magical power from Twilight, during said outburst, the egg was hatched revealing a baby dragon.

Here's the scene:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBJ4e6MeTfA&list=FL4XNN16trB2Gcjx6mZ7lmMw&index=68&feature=plpp_video

Yes but the question is where did the school get the egg?

Yes but the question is where did the school get the egg?

There are a number of ways they could have done it: they could have stolen it from its parents' nest, found it abandoned, used magic to make one, divided by zero, or simply ripped the tag off of a matress

My theory is like the thing from Eragon, where some Unicorn was protecting the egg, but they had to teleport it, so some random person found it, and took it to the academy where it would be hatched by Twi. Now I wonder who his parents are...

So, the egg was found and then somehow taken back in time several years?

This can only mean one thing: DOCTOR WHOOVES IS CANON!!

Then Pinkie Pie is Doctors Whooves traveling compainion :o

Celestia keeps a bunch of dragons as slaves and forces them to breed to create the eggs necessary for the entrance exams.

The eggs are illegally made in a lab.

Uh... maybe Celestia found the egg somewhere or sent out somepony else to steal one from a dragon or something?

Anyway, I hope they make an episode on this eventually.