Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Twilight Growing? (Possible [SPOILERS])

Marcusaralius76

I don't want to post pictures so as not to spoil it for anyone who does not want to be spoiled, but to those of you who watched the latest reveal, "I wasn't prepared for this," did anybody else notice that Twilight looked a bit larger.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but she looks like the studio is making her legs slightly larger and her build slightly leaner, as if she's growing.

If it's not just me and they're actually making small changes to the character designs, what do you guys think of them? Do you think it's just some small modifications or would the studio cause the characters to literally grow so they don't look exactly the same for ten straight years (like Rugrats).

If it IS just me and nobody notices the change, then someone please slap me!

(edited)

You know you can cover the pictures with the

tag instead of making everyone leave the topic to go seek out the video of the song lol

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

I didn't notice anything if she was bigger or not tbh, wouldn't doubt that they could have changed her up a tiny bit though. :huh:

You know you can cover the pictures with the

tag instead of making everyone leave the topic to go seek out the video of the song lol

Maybe he just assumed everypony has it bookmarked already anyways? :P

If she is growing larger, I suspect Pony Growth Hormone (PGH) might be involved. There's no way she can break the single-season record of 61 spells cast by a single unicorn.

• Brohoof 4

I think it was just the way she was moving. Certain poses she made make her look a little longer than we are used to.

I was under the impression that she was already full grown anyway, since she is about the same size as all the other mares on the show.

She's growing so she gets branched out in Hasbros new My Standard Horses spinoff series with Derpy being the new Mane Six member with Rainbow Dash taking main character reigns.

My Standard Horses with feature a new Mane Six featuring Twilight Sparkle, Octavia, Berry Punch, Vinyl Scratch, Lyra and Bon-Bon.

I don't know. I've watched it and I really can't tell if she's grown or not. While I'm not against the cast growing up a bit, I don't think it would add much, if anything to the show. It's certainly possible that they may do an episode with them all older, recounting their youth, but I don't think they will definitively ever "grow up" within the show. But hey, who's to say for certain, right? I've been wrong before.

(edited)

I just whipped up this side by side comparison. As you see, no spoiler is necessary. Her character design hasn't changed at all.

Posted Image

Very first episode ------------------------ Latest video release

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 4

It could be the cinematography, the perspectives and angles you see an object from (in life, and animation- if it's realistic enough, which MLP is) might produce an optical illusion that might make them seem taller/shorter than they actually are.

Then again, they probably are using the same puppets every single time.