Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

1. Thunder, Do you want to be my thunder buddy? Just kidding Thunder doesn't scare me.

1. Spiders

2. Spiders. Fuck those little motherfuckers.

My thoughts exactly.

2.  Heights, the idea of hitting the ground HARD!

3. Irrational Things, such as the Gorilla that hides by my trash bin(outside) at night. Just kidding, but yeah I do get afraid of things in the night (like Wolves or a murderer). Especially in open spaces. 

Edited by Conbon

1.)Spiders (I could make a long list of legit reasons to fear em, but I'll spare ye the exaggerations)

2.)ALL Insects/Bugs/Bug-like Things (almost the same reason as spiders, but not AS extreme)

3.)Heights (to an extent. Planes i'm okay with, it's things that are connected to the ground. As you go up structural support can get weaker...I always have that fear that something will give)

3:  Getting robbed/ mugged-  When I was little I used to watch the local news and there were always stories of robberies.  Since then, I have been afraid of someone breaking into my house/ apartment or holding me up at gun or knife point.

2:  Driving (to some extent):  This was a lot worse in past, but it didn't stop me from diving.  I used to think about what I would do if someone ran a red light, swerved into my lane, was driving drunk etc...I've heard too many stories of innocent people being seriously injured or killed behind the wheel due to others actions, and I used to think about it a lot.  It made me get anxious whenever I drove.  I also used to think about what I would do if something happened and I drove off a bridge.  That one freaked me the hell out sad.png .

1:  Death- Most of my fears are somewhat related to this, especially if death is caused by something unnatural like a shooting.  

Heavy Machinery such as industrial fans, power tools and other such equipment. had some bad experiences and I am not to fond of the pain or possibility of pain.

Deep Water, I do not like the idea of being physically surrounded by something whilst not being able to tell what could be around me. also I can not swim very well.

True Isolation or to be viewed as a Disappointment, I have always viewed myself as a loner, as I only ever had a handful of friends at any time. The points in my life that i had no friends felt like the lowest and the most detrimental to mind.which left to wonder my actions as whole and that maybe I was doing something or that I was incapable.

1. Spiders; My biggest fear by far. I can't stand anything to do with them. Their look, the sound, in a book or TV, even the word starts to make me panic. I have it pretty bad, but I won't bore you with details.

Heights; I can't bare any height. Standing on a chair that isn't even a half a meter of the ground scared the crap out of me. Let alone being like 40 storeis up in a building.

And finally the dark; I guess you could call it a fear of what is possibly unknown in the dark, but I also fear the dark somewhat itself. A bit of a childish fear, but I've never gotten over it.

Darkness scares the shit out of me D:

Being stuck in an elevator all alone would also be very scary... *shivers* I would go crazy!

And finally, that everyone I know suddenly stopps talking to me. I'm always scared people will stop talking to me.

• Brohoof 1

1. Height, don't know why.

2. Crowds of people, once again, don't really know why.

3. Dying, because my thoughts on what happens after you die aren't very... well, nice.

I have some more like deep water, but I count that one in as heights aswell.

1: Physical pain: Let me explain; I have high sensitivity and low pain resistance, so something that is kinda painful for anyone else is quite painful for me, so I tend to stay away from anything painful, hence why I don't have a tatoo or piercings even though I would like to. I'm also very careful when using anything sharp or when dealing with hot things.

2: Bees, wasps, spiders: I put them together because not only my fear of them is related to no1, but I'm also allergic to their stings/bite. My allergy is quite minor, though but still...

3: Going blind: It's... probably gonna happen eventually, since my eyesight keep going down every years. I already have to wear my glasses all the time because I can barely see a few feets away without them.

• Brohoof 1

Spiders. I will go out of my way to either avoid them or bring sweet merciless death upon those little fucks.

Tornadoes. Living in the Midwest, tornadoes happen all the time, but it doesn't help. A tornado screwed up my roof once and I volunteered in Joplin when the tornado hit there. I've seen what they can do, nope.

Heights. Whether its flying or just looking out a window, I hate heights. The thought of falling out of the sky makes me pucker up.

My top three fears (Counting 3 to 1) are probably:

3. Death. I'm really young right now and if I died knowing I didn't accomplish much in my life I would be devastated. I've always wanted to at least leave a mark on the world when I leave.

2. The dark. You can' see in the dark... you therefore do not know much about what could be in there. There are terrifying (and real!) animals that are nocturnal. Also, when you get tired, you begin to see things creep up into your peripheral vision... blink.png

1. Odd occurrences/ paranormal activity/ paranormal creatures. These things are by far the most terrifying things I have ever dreamed, heard, or thought of. In fact, this fear is directly related to my other two top three ones, because: they can kill you in the most horrifying ways, or worse, and since when you can't see in the dark, you start to see things, I see strange, terrifying things... 

Yeah, I know I sound like a lunatic, but seriously. My senses are always tricking me into noticing things that aren't there, often the tricks have something to do with my greatest fear. That's why I'm so scared of the paranormal. Because my senses have played so many tricks on me I'm afraid that if it was real I wouldn't know... so I just run from all of them just in case it's real. Even though it isn't. Yep, I am pretty crazy when it comes to fear. 

Misc. fears: These ones aren't really major but tend to guide me away from them anyways.

Heights, bees/wasps, angry animals, disease/sickness, and loneliness.

Hmm. Thinking through it, I just discovered in how little I know about myself. Well, I guess I have came up with a few:

1. Heights (Acrophobia). A very common one, I don't mind looking down from them, but its when I have to jump from it, such as a fence, that I get all nervous. 

2. Vertical drops. I hate those things. I remember when I was younger I was amazed by a vertical slide, so I went to the top. Then I realised how high it was, then I started crying. I guess it ties in with the Acrophobia one.

3. Elevators. I hate them. When I have to go in one, I get all nervous. I guess I might be a little Claustrophobic which I find strange, I was never Claustrophobic when I was little.

Also, I know alot of you are Arachnophobic, I was too, but I can't see how you can be. This will sound crazy, but a week or two, I found a pretty big spider, so I picked it up. I looked into its big round eyes, where I realised that I had a fascination with them. But I realised it was terrified, so I helped it by taking it outside. After that day, I have learnt to love spiders. They are so interesting. ^-^

Also, another fear of mine is amnesia. No, not the game, but the actual idea of forgetting everything scares me deeply. I would hate that. Well, the me now would, but the amnesia me wouldn't as I would have forgotten what I was afraid of... so confusing! XD

And the death, I do not fear it. If you fear it, it stops you from doing great experiences with your life. My greatest fear is the idea of immortality. The idea of never dying or aging. Sure, it would be great at first. But you tell me this, what happens when your family dies from death of aging, you out living all of your friends, wife/girlfriend and children. You would be driven insane from loss and sorrow. Immortality is not a gift, but a curse.

It is because of this you should spend your life wisely, do not waste it, as you only get one shot of life. If you learn anything, please, for Celestia's sake, do not waste your life. 

Thank you. =)

• Brohoof 1

And the death, I do not fear it. If you fear it, it stops you from doing great experiences with your life. My greatest fear is the idea of immortality. The idea of never dying or aging. Sure, it would be great at first. But you tell me this, what happens when your family dies from death of aging, you out living all of your friends, wife/girlfriend and children. You would be driven insane from loss and sorrow. Immortality is not a gift, but a curse.

I can see you say that because you saw it a lot in this topic. In my post, I forgot to word my fear of death correctly. The only fear of death I have is premature death. Like, you die before getting to do much with your life. I apologize for my incorrect wording. Also, I agree with the fact that immortality is a curse. With immortality, if you were the only immortal in the world, pretty much your only friend would be a rock or some sort of inanimate object. 

Long story short, I meant to say that I fear premature death, not death itself, and that I agree with angrysalamence that fearing death itself is not a good thing. 

• Brohoof 2

I can see you say that because you saw it a lot in this topic. In my post, I forgot to word my fear of death correctly. The only fear of death I have is premature death. Like, you die before getting to do much with your life. I apologize for my incorrect wording. Also, I agree with the fact that immortality is a curse. With immortality, if you were the only immortal in the world, pretty much your only friend would be a rock or some sort of inanimate object. 

Oh, I see. Yes, I do fear premature death, I would like to live my life. You ask someone if they fear death, they may say yes or no. But they share a common fear, the fear of not living your life. It is this idea that makes people fear death. Thank you for explaining it. =)

• Brohoof 1

1. Heights. Its not falling, just heights. I have no idea why.

2. Not being on time. Not quite a fear, but seriously, I hate it so much when I'm late.

3. Scale.

Interesting topic...sure i'll wing it!

Tornados- I don't have a horrible background with tornados, but something about them just makes my heart skip a beat in the fear of actually being inside a whirling wind funnel. I can imagine the debri...the train sound the wind makes...*shivers* When those sirens go off, i'm outta there! But I think they are cool looking at the same time...

Spiders- I hate seeing these, but the scariest part is when they dissapear. I had this fear of spiders since I was little, and a big hairy jumping spider jumped on my face. There was also this one time I was helping with wood at my grandmas, and this brown recluse crawled on my face. ._. Yeah....

Isolation- I never really liked being alone, since I was in school I guess. I really wasn't a popular kid, might I say...no one was nice to me so I was sorta alone. Don't get me wrong, I had some friends, but they always had better things to do than hang out with me. So I always felt isolated until now...but I always have that fear that everyone will turn on me one day and i'll be all alone. Without my friends, I don't know what i'd do.

My top three fears?

1) Bugs- All of them. I don't care. Spiders, flies, ladybugs, grasshoppers, ugh- even some butterflies are the creepiest thing ever (not fluttershy's though ;3)

2) Death- This is a pretty obvious one, I mean who wouldn't be? I wanna live my life to the fullest!

post-13636-0-04322800-1367366329.jpg

3) Drugs- Eww. All I can say is eww. Smoking, weed, dip, tobacco, cigarettes, mary-jane, you name it, I HATE it. I am absolutely afraid of it and think it is disgusting. I don't know why anyone would ever do such a horrid thing to their own body. Ugh I get shivers just thinking about it...

I have a few fears but the top 3 would have to be.....

1. Spiders because I used to sleep on a couch that I learned had a nest of them in it.

2. The exorcist and any movie like it.

3. Pitcher plants because I had a dream that I fell into one.

I am also absolutely horrified by the concept of torture, but since I do not have to deal with that fear as often, it remains at my number 4 slot.

3. Failure

2. Ignorance

1. Basically, not feeling secure. Summary of all my problems ever.

Fear tends to be a big thing with me. If I were a character in a tragedy, it'd definitely be my downfall. 

Well, I'm not really scared of anything, but if you insist...

1. Spiders

2. Spiders

3. Spiders

Lol, as you can see...  I don't like spiders.  I'm like Ron from Harry Potter. :P

1. Death - It'd hate to die early, or lose someone close to me.

2. Snakes - I'm not a fan of viscous snakes.

3. Brain Damage - So much at stake if you get in an accident and if you get brain damage there could be so many things that happen.

(edited)

- People (Not all people just certain ones, and the other two directly relate)

- Being rendered immobile (ie, tied up, drugged) at the hands of a psychopath, or any crazy in general 

- Being completely alone in the world. For example: virus wipes out every single living thing on earth except for you. Not very logical but still, that would be awful. I think I'd lose it pretty quick in that situation.

As others have stated premature death sure is way up there. As well as losing the ability to walk, see, hear, talk, think, losing ones sanity. Its all about some form of loss in the end. Hmm, maybe I should lighten up a bit img-1427932-1-huh.png .

Edited by TheMadSittler

(edited)

1. Open Sea, like when you can't see shore.

2. needles. Seriously, BUCK blood drives

3. getting stabbed. same thing as needles. the scene in Saving Private Ryan where the guy got slowly stabbed probably was the nail in the coffin (:P)

Edited by Teh Lemonz

Roaches, any creepy looking bug, screamers, scary faces that you see late at night on facebook, slow death, feeling like I'm being lied to by somepony I care about, losing anyone close to me. For the second to last one, I met this girl at a convention. She was amazing. She was beautiful, smart, very nice, and best of all, she liked Adventure Time and is a pegasister! I really liked her, a lot. I swear I almost went nuts when she said she'd be my valentine(<3). Only problem was, she's a freshman in college, I'm a high school sophomore. So i wasn't used to not talking to friends often. So one day after a month or two of not talking to her because of her busyness, I started getting paranoid. I thought to myself, "Maybe she's lying to me. Maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me." So I deleted her off my facebook which was the only way I could communicate with her. To this day, I regret deleting her and over-thinking. I could've really been close to her, and it kills ke everytime it comes to my mind :(