Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what if the next season got sponserd by ValvE?

Sararyman...man

Um, I doubt that they would sponsor it in the first place, even though Gabe Newell is a brony, however, if they did, it would probably be for money more than anything else.

I don't see any reason why Valve would do that. I don't really know how to discuss this. Um.. Stuff would happen?

• Brohoof 1

Very unlikely. Valve is known for very gruesome games (Half-life n' crap). So it wouldn't make any sense if they helped with My Little Pony, which is actually meant to be for little girls.

• Brohoof 2

It'd certainly be interesting to see Valve crossed with MLP.

Fluttershy could tame headcrabs and Rainbow Dash could take on a zombie horde :P

Gummy would wrap his gums over Pinkies head and make her a Gator Zombie

She would scream anguished things like "YABBA MY ICING!! Aaaghaguuughh.. YUYAAAGGGHHAA.." while Twilight tries to throw saw blades at her with gravity magic.

Why would they sponsor it?

It seems like such a random question to ask, but I digress.

If Valve, for some reason, did sponsor MLP, they probably wouldn't be open about it. I'm sure their marketing department would be able to see the beneficial and detrimental effects of doing so, and would rather stay away from causing issues for the target audiences of their games.

If the sponsored by valve....

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cydhiUau4A

And thats not in a good way either...

I personally don't think Valve should touch MLP. As much as I like TF2, Portal and pretty much everything that Valve does, I don't think that MLP would fit with their style, as several others have pointed out.

That video on the other hand, It took me about 20 minutes just to stop laughing. That's pretty much exactly what would happen.

Valve should just stick to TF2 and Portal and not pony it up.

Some Valve game players are anti-bronies, and most would probally begin to hate on Valve.

They should just stick to what they do with no pony.

Like Notch is a pony fan. Not like he would put it in Minecraft. If he really would want that, he or some player could make a mod.

No big dog is gonna directly support ponies, but they could do it indirectly without causing much of a stir.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Valve the gaming company? sponsering season THREE of MLP?Valve doesn't know of such a number.

There is proof valve knows of the number three just let me look for it...*searches through papers*...oh zhat is where my medical license vent..oh yes here it is...

Counter Strike 3 (aka Global Offensive)

Now take your smug face full of eyeballs outta here :3

Edited by Valiant
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The overlap of their franchises is too negligible.

Valve is a wholey independent Software Developer, Hasbro is a Toy Manufacturer with stocks and contracts in Viacom and Disney.

Valve is located in Bellingham, Washington. Hasbro is headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, and their main Studio work is done in DHXmedia/Vancouver in Vancouver, British Columbia (international communications often adds a kink in the network.)

Hasbro is Publicly traded (NASDAQ: HAS), and their investors want to continue to receive income from contracts with media groups, and mass purchase of plastic goods.

Valve is a Corporation whose income comes from service and operation tabs added through the distribution of online video games, and the sale of digital properties (such as Team Fortress 2's infamous Hats).

Hasbro's main targeted demographic are 'children under the age of 15', so that they buy everything from Super-Soaker water guns to Monopoly.

Valve's main targeted demographic are 'human beings with an internet connection' although this usually takes the form of 'young adults or adults between the ages of 13 and 30' so that they buy video games of entirely various subject matters.

However the only video games that Valve has made themselves have all included Bullets and Guns. Portal is the most widely rated game they've made (Rated E for Everyone in North America) but that's only E and not T for Teen because blood being spattered onto walls is an option the player can turn on or off. In short, Valve makes violent video games. Not extremely violent, but definitely not not violent.

There are other video game companies that make media or have artistic and technical pipelines that would be more suitable for making a game about My Little Pony (since Valve's in-house software Source Engine is almost exclusively used for First-Person Shooters). The main argument against that fact is that not every video game company has as high of a reputation as Valve does.

Edited by Blue

(edited)

It would never be released.

Get it? because Gabe can't count to 3, It's funny, right guise?

Oh gosh I am so lonely.

Come on guise, it's just hypothetical. Take it as a possible reality thing.

Of course it wont happen, you don't need to be Capt. Obvious.

The overlap of their franchises is too negligible.

Valve is a wholey independent Software Developer, Hasbro is a Toy Manufacturer with stocks and contracts in Viacom and Disney.

Valve is located in Bellingham, Washington. Hasbro is headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, and their main Studio work is done in DHXmedia/Vancouver in Vancouver, British Columbia (international communications often adds a kink in the network.)

Hasbro is Publicly traded (NASDAQ: HAS), and their investors want to continue to receive income from contracts with media groups, and mass purchase of plastic goods.

Valve is a Corporation whose income comes from service and operation tabs added through the distribution of online video games, and the sale of digital properties (such as Team Fortress 2's infamous Hats).

Hasbro's main targeted demographic are 'children under the age of 15', so that they buy everything from Super-Soaker water guns to Monopoly.

Valve's main targeted demographic are 'human beings with an internet connection' although this usually takes the form of 'young adults or adults between the ages of 13 and 30' so that they buy video games of entirely various subject matters.

However the only video games that Valve has made themselves have all included Bullets and Guns. Portal is the most widely rated game they've made (Rated E for Everyone in North America) but that's only E and not T for Teen because blood being spattered onto walls is an option the player can turn on or off. In short, Valve makes violent video games. Not extremely violent, but definitely not not violent.

There are other video game companies that make media or have artistic and technical pipelines that would be more suitable for making a game about My Little Pony (since Valve's in-house software Source Engine is almost exclusively used for First-Person Shooters). The main argument against that fact is that not every video game company has as high of a reputation as Valve does.

You completely missed the point of the thread, guy.

Edited by Teh Boi