Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask the otaku!

Shiki

Ask the otaku!

Ever wonder about the life of a total hermit, otaku, weeaboo, nerd, etc.? One that never leaves the house except when needed? One that has over $1200 dollars of anime/japanese merchandise? You probably haven't! But now, you very well might be, and you may be developing some questions for her (yes, I am a girl!). Questions like, "Ew, you sound like a total loser... do you like... even shower..?" or "Why on Earth would you waste money on ANIME?!?! That's so dumb!" or maybe even something along the lines of, "You're fat I bet. Am I right?" Even normal questions about age and musical interests and whatnot, but those are boring, and you're probably not interested in that, but who knows! Whatever you've got to ask, now's the time to ask it!

Open to all questions.

- Chiaki

(edited)

Any anime you don't like but respect?

Example:I used to like DBZ but not too much now.I respect it for how big of an impact it's had on the west anime wise

-EDIT-Would you constantly re watch a single scene in anime to fully understand whats going on?

Edited by OdinForced

Any anime you don't like but respect?

Example:I used to like DBZ but not too much now.I respect it for how big of an impact it's had on the west anime wise

DBZ is a perfect example for me, as well. Also, Deadman Wonderland would be a good example. Oh, also Death Note and Code Gease! I really respect all anime and other forms of interests as long as they don't affect anyone else in a negative way, like people who find it interesting to torture people to death... >_> Anything that relies on its fight scenes and animation is a no-no in my book, because I like really developed characters and stories in my anime. :)

Chocolate chip or sugar cookies?

If they're warm, chocolate chip. If not, sugar cookies.
  • Brohoof 2

DBZ is a perfect example for me, as well. Also, Deadman Wonderland would be a good example. Oh, also Death Note and Code Gease! I really respect all anime and other forms of interests as long as they don't affect anyone else in a negative way, like people who find it interesting to torture people to death... >_> Anything that relies on its fight scenes and animation is a no-no in my book, because I like really developed characters and stories in my anime. :)

If they're warm, chocolate chip. If not, sugar cookies.

Same (: DBZ was to talky and actiony but I'll never forget the times I've attempted instant transition or Kamehameha (:

Whats your take on Yu Yu hakusho?

What anime do you prefer?

Well, my username is Chiaki Minami, a character from a big-time favourite of mine, Minami-ke. It's totally random and realistic, and the characters are adorable. I'm really into all those "moe moe desu kawaii nyan uguu" anime, like K-on for example. I also like anime such as Nichijou, where ANYTHING goes. There's also some more serious anime that I like that are out there, such as Steins;Gate and

I'd say my top 5 are:

1. Minami-ke

2. Nichijou

3. K-on

4. Steins;Gate

5. Usgai Drop

Same (: DBZ was to talky and actiony but I'll never forget the times I've attempted instant transition or Kamehameha (:

Whats your take on Yu Yu hakusho?

Wow, I haven't heard about that one in a loooong time. Actually, I might give it a go, because I'm currently out of anime as of right now, and I totally remember watching that on... Toonami, I think, as a kid, and really liking it. Also, haven't watched an anime in that style in forever. Might be a good change of pace. I'll get back to you on that pretty soon, most likely, because I just plow through anime (can go 14 episodes a day, easily #Nolife).

Wow, I haven't heard about that one in a loooong time. Actually, I might give it a go, because I'm currently out of anime as of right now, and I totally remember watching that on... Toonami, I think, as a kid, and really liking it. Also, haven't watched an anime in that style in forever. Might be a good change of pace. I'll get back to you on that pretty soon, most likely, because I just plow through anime (can go 14 episodes a day, easily #Nolife).

You should ^_^ It may not be your style because it turns into a LOT of fighting later on in it.

7 hrs a day of pure anime? I wish I had the time for that :/

(edited)

Why you no like Naruto???

Because. The voice acting is horrible. The animation is mediocre. I remember watching the first episode and sooooo much stuff made me want to roll my eyes. "You feel neglected, because you have no parents, so you act out! I understand you, Naruto!" - Something Iruka said or something similar. The lines. Ogod. The lines are miserable. Shonen does NOT go over well with me. I don't like such simple, cliche ideas making up an entire character. Also, I may sound like I'm hating (which I kind of am), but I don't blame people for liking it. I remember watching it as a tween on Toonami and loving it (I even had a Leaf Village headband or whatever). It's just that now, I'm interested in more complex things, or more humourous things.

too be or not too be?

That is the question? :/

You should ^_^ It may not be your style because it turns into a LOT of fighting later on in it.

7 hrs a day of pure anime? I wish I had the time for that :/

I'm telling you. I'm a total "hardcore" otaku/weeaboo. I've watched so much anime, and have looked into so much stuff, that I'm starting to pick up on the language. I can really simple things like "I am a cat" and stupid stuff like that. It's not all that hard to pick up when reading it in romaji, but learning it in Japanese is another story, which is what I'm slowly starting to do. When I'm feeling lazy, I can spend the entire day just watching anime. Steins;Gate is an anime that I watched within 24 hours. It had 24 episodes. That's... a lot of anime. Woke up around 11:00, grabbed the computer, turned it on (have it downloaded in Blu-ray quality), watched it all day on and off all day. Came to be about 06:00 again, hadn't slept yet, and I wound up finishing it. Edited by Chiaki

Because. The voice acting is horrible. The animation is mediocre. I remember watching the first episode and sooooo much stuff made me want to roll my eyes. "You feel neglected, because you have no parents, so you act out! I understand you, Naruto!" - Something Iruka said or something similar. The lines. Ogod. The lines are miserable. Shonen does NOT go over well with me. I don't like such simple, cliche ideas making up an entire character. Also, I may sound like I'm hating (which I kind of am), but I don't blame people for liking it. I remember watching it as a tween on Toonami and loving it (I even had a Leaf Village headband or whatever). It's just that now, I'm interested in more complex things, or more humourous things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_5jwOFet0

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nihongo ga hanashimasu ka? Watashi wa skoshi wakarimasu, demo mada jozujarimasen

(don't have any hirigana or kanji memorized :mellow: )

Edited by Lord Bababa

(edited)

okay i admit it was lame so heres my real question what is your personal definition for time

Time? Don't know what you mean, exactly. "Time" is a force that limits all people to a certain amount of availability to their favourite and least favourite things in this world and is something cannot be stopped, rewound, or altered in any way, shape or form. I have no clue if that's what you were asking or not, but that's what you get. :s

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_5jwOFet0

<3

Nihongo ga hanashimasu ka? Watashi wa skoshi wakarimasu, demo mada jozujarimasen

(don't have any hirigana or kanji memorized :mellow: )

Hanasemasu* :huh: At least I think. I don't really SPEAK any, but I've picked up on a LOT based on the fact that I haven't gone out of my way to actually learn any. I'm like a kid who's just beginning to learn how to speak based on what he hears from their mother/father says to them.

Top 5 animes? ~

Up there in the previous posts. c: Edited by Chiaki

That is the question? :/

I'm telling you. I'm a total "hardcore" otaku/weeaboo. I've watched so much anime, and have looked into so much stuff, that I'm starting to pick up on the language. I can really simple things like "I am a cat" and stupid stuff like that. It's not all that hard to pick up when reading it in romaji, but learning it in Japanese is another story, which is what I'm slowly starting to do. When I'm feeling lazy, I can spend the entire day just watching anime. Steins;Gate is an anime that I watched within 24 hours. It had 24 episodes. That's... a lot of anime. Woke up around 11:00, grabbed the computer, turned it on (have it downloaded in Blu-ray quality), watched it all day on and off all day. Came to be about 06:00 again, hadn't slept yet, and I wound up finishing it.

Whoa O.O I will crown thee the queen of anime xD

Can you recommend me any anime with deep chars,Good fight scenes and a little bit of ecchi?(Yeah I went there)

Time? Don't know what you mean, exactly. "Time" is a force that limits all people to a certain amount of availability to their favourite and least favourite things in this world and is something cannot be stopped, rewound, or altered in any way, shape or form. I have no clue if that's what you were asking or not, but that's what you get. :s

if thats how you think of time as a concept then it is what i was talking about

Whoa O.O I will crown thee the queen of anime xD

Can you recommend me any anime with deep chars,Good fight scenes and a little bit of ecchi?(Yeah I went there)

Ecchi? Pretty much any anime that has more than 5 SEMI-perverted references get completely disregarded in my book. I hate. Hate. HATE. HAAAAATE... sexual things. Like... you probably don't understand.

Eh, I'd say Darker Than Black is a good, action/violence anime. Doesn't have anything ecchi in it, really. Characters aren't as much "deep" as they are "intriguing", though. Still, very good, in my opinion.

Also, another anime that is pretty good on my list is Baka and Test. It's got minimal action, not even gonna say there's any "fighting". It's more of a comedy, but the characters.. wow. They literally have a character for EVERY target audience out there. LITERALLY! It's got some ecchi stuff in there. Rather minor, but still, it has its moments.

Don't know if you've seen these, but they're pretty good. :) Also, both have good dubs and are on Netflix (hurrah for HD)! :P Sorry I can't be of more help, though. :( I'm really into more slice-of-life stuff.

• Brohoof 1

<3

Sigh... I DID say I'm open to ALL questions. I don't know if you only made this account to ask this question or not, looking at your profile and your whopping 8 minutes total online time. Not sure if this is suppose to be a trolling question or not, but I don't really care about answering such questions. You'd easily be able to tell what my size was if you met me in real life.

Bra size - 30AA. Get on my f :P cking level. That should answer your question. Pseudo-loli right here.

Hanasemasu* :huh: At least I think. I don't really SPEAK any, but I've picked up on a LOT based on the fact that I haven't gone out of my way to actually learn any. I'm like a kid who's just beginning to learn how to speak based on what he hears from their mother/father says to them.

Up there in the previous posts. c:

Can you provide a description of them and the episode length :) ~ ?

(edited)

Ecchi? Pretty much any anime that has more than 5 SEMI-perverted references get completely disregarded in my book. I hate. Hate. HATE. HAAAAATE... sexual things. Like... you probably don't understand.

Eh, I'd say Darker Than Black is a good, action/violence anime. Doesn't have anything ecchi in it, really. Characters aren't as much "deep" as they are "intriguing", though. Still, very good, in my opinion.

Also, another anime that is pretty good on my list is Baka and Test. It's got minimal action, not even gonna say there's any "fighting". It's more of a comedy, but the characters.. wow. They literally have a character for EVERY target audience out there. LITERALLY! It's got some ecchi stuff in there. Rather minor, but still, it has its moments.

Don't know if you've seen these, but they're pretty good. :) Also, both have good dubs and are on Netflix (hurrah for HD)! :P Sorry I can't be of more help, though. :( I'm really into more slice-of-life stuff.

I understand ^_^ Thank you I will be sure to check both of those out soon after I finish Yu yu hakusho :D Edited by OdinForced

Can you provide a description of them and the episode length :) ~ ?

1. Minami-ke: 3 half seasons (as of now), 13 episodes each

A story really about nothing more than the lives of 3 sisters in the Minami family living together. One is in high school, one in middle school, one in primary school. The high schooler, Haruka, is the typical older, awesome, borderline Mary-Sue character that everybody loves. She's the really humble, responsible sister of them all. Kana is the middle schooler of the family, and is... a very big, gullible airhead. She's incredibly impulsive and very energetic. You know, THAT character. The one who's leading all the action. Chiaki... hehehe... Chiaki is the primary school student (and my username, aren't I a pedo? :'c ) who is rather quiet and well-kept. She's a total genius who has a rather strong affection for her older sister, Haruka, and a firey hostility towards her other sister, Kana. Chiaki, being the smartbutt she is, is always finding the perfect opportunities to really just bash on Kana. She's obviously my favourite of the three. c:

But yeah, really, the show isn't about anything in particular. Prime example of a slice-of-life. I found it really cute. The only thing is, the second season of Minami-ke was made by a completely different studio, so the animation is very different, and it gets... a bit more sexual. Just in the artwork, though. A very good show, nonetheless. Very cute. c:

2. Nichijou: Full season, 24 episodes or so

Nichijou is... well... very... out there. It's got the most INTENSE artwork EVER which really fits the crazy intense scenes it has. It's about three girls, Yuuko, Mio, and Mai. Yuuko is that energetic, stupid one, Mio is that in-the-middle one, and Mai is that quiet, smart one. Typical three characters that have their defining characteristics, of course. "Nichijou" literally means "ordinary life", but... the show is about anything BUT ordinary things. Quite honestly, I'm having a hard time explaining this, and will just give a video showing its... energy/aura/awesomesauce.

3. K-on: 2 Seasons - S1: Half season, 12 or so episodes - S2 - Full season, 24-26 episodes

Keion (people call it K-on, because English speakers would pronounce "Keion" incorrectly), literally meaning "light music", is about (4 in season 1) 5 girls (in season 2) in the "Light Music Club" at school. Really, they just go on wacky adventures and have the typical, slice-of-life "plot" going for them. Of the three so far, this is the one with the MOST plot, which is pretty.. sad. I won't get into the characters, because my fingers are getting tired of typing, honestly. 'x3 But it's really just a total "moe moe" adventure. I would say it gets the most "kawaii" award, hands down. It's got its multi-episode mini plots, but nothing really more than just a big.. adventure. c:

4. Steins;Gate - Full season, 26 episode

Hoo boy. Finally, an anime that's serious. Steins;Gate is an anime that is very hard to describe without giving away too much. Quite honestly, I advise going in through this anime blind, that way the thrill of trying to figure it all out is still there. It's mainly about a self-proclaimed "Mad Scientist", Okabe, who runs a little club (with only 3 members, including him) of mad scientist related stuff. They invent things, but there's nothing really brought up except the "phone microwave (name subject to change)", which eventually turns out to be... something... amazing (don't want to give it away). It's got its violent scenes, but there's not about the action. It's one of those anime that does a very nice job on wrapping up a ton of piled-up questions from the first batch of episodes and then unloading it all in the end. What really hooked me was the ARTWORK. It was GORGEOUS. Had to download it in Blu-ray quality. Just had to. Steins;Gate has very funny characters that have a very nice, subtle individuality to them, and they all interact very well. VERY well. It was originally a Visual Novel, so there's mainly female characters, while the main character is male. It's a rather popular anime, and it's one that actually deserves to be. Serious anime just aren't usually my thing, which is why it's all the way down here at #4 on my list, though, I'm kind of questioning it. x3

5. Usagi Drop: Half season, 12 or 13 episodes, I think

Usagi Drop is oh so bittersweet. Much more sweet than bitter. It's a Josei anime, so it's target audience is adult females (so watch out! serious business!). It takes a very serious issue with very realistic characters, and plays it out to be a very sweet, innocent story. It's mainly about a girl who's got a rather... unique... father issue, to say the least. Her father died, and the mother wants nothing to do with the child, so she has nowhere to go, really. She's a VERY smart and VERY mature 6 year old girl who ends up going with a... relative (theres a lot of weird relative issues going on that I don't want to give away. >.<... of hers, who takes very good care of her. It doesn't have too much of a "plot", but it's got a very serious storyline about a girl who's lost her father and is now adjusting to life with a new caretaker. Very very sweet story. The 6 year old girl is one of my top favourite characters, along with her new caretaker as well. x3 Highly advise watching this.

• Brohoof 1